Quantcast
Anybody live in Bragg Creek/Redwood Meadows - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody live in Bragg Creek/Redwood Meadows

Interested in a fully renovated 1977 bilevel in Silver Springs?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    something green

In the late 80's, early 90's, Redwood Meadows was a really exclusive upper end address to have, it really seemed to lose its appeal in the early 2k's. Seeing some of those houses sell for Calgary starter home prices isn't something I thought I'd ever see happen.
    I shopped that whole area over the last 2 years, the biggest issue with the Bragg Creek area for me was the restrictive covenants on the properties and the home owners associations. It's not really going to be acreage living, more like city living with a huge yard.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Ford Escape

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the late 80's, early 90's, Redwood Meadows was a really exclusive upper end address to have, it really seemed to lose its appeal in the early 2k's. Seeing some of those houses sell for Calgary starter home prices isn't something I thought I'd ever see happen.
    I shopped that whole area over the last 2 years, the biggest issue with the Bragg Creek area for me was the restrictive covenants on the properties and the home owners associations. It's not really going to be acreage living, more like city living with a huge yard.
    Not looking for acreage living at all, large yard is really what I want I understand you ended up not buying in the area after all? I am concerned about the whole resell thing. Seems that I wouldn't make a single dollar out of it since there is a lease on the land. Also, I have read that mobile coverage + internet is a huge issue down there. That's too bad because I really like the area but there might be more cons than pros.
    Last edited by Lisayyc; 06-11-2017 at 09:40 AM.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Lisayyc View Post
    Not looking for acreage living at all, large yard is really what I want I understand you ended up not buying in the area after all? I am concerned about the whole resell thing. Seems that I wouldn't make a single dollar out of it since there is a lease on the land. Also, I have read that mobile coverage + internet is a huge issue down there. That's too bad because I really like the area but there might be more cons than pros.
    I ended up buying closer to Priddis, I found a place with no building restrictions, and not in a acreage community so I can do what I wanted to do with the land.. We looked at 3 places down the 762, and there was no cell coverage or internet at any of them, one house we viewed, the owner had obviously never seen the internet as their home computer was a Gen 2 Mac setup.. The issue out there, and also Bragg Creek,Priddis and Millarville, is that its all line of sight transmission. If you can't see the tower straight from your roof, you're SOL for connectivity.
    If you are not looking to build a workshop, don't have a lot of cars, the acreages around Bragg Creek on the Wintergreen side are really nice.. There are a couple of 2 acre places back there that I really liked... Just be aware that some of those places have trees that are getting pretty big and they need a little deforestation, before wind and fire do it and cost someone a house.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I ended up buying closer to Priddis, I found a place with no building restrictions, and not in a acreage community so I can do what I wanted to do with the land.. We looked at 3 places down the 762, and there was no cell coverage or internet at any of them, one house we viewed, the owner had obviously never seen the internet as their home computer was a Gen 2 Mac setup.. The issue out there, and also Bragg Creek,Priddis and Millarville, is that its all line of sight transmission. If you can't see the tower straight from your roof, you're SOL for connectivity.
    If you are not looking to build a workshop, don't have a lot of cars, the acreages around Bragg Creek on the Wintergreen side are really nice.. There are a couple of 2 acre places back there that I really liked... Just be aware that some of those places have trees that are getting pretty big and they need a little deforestation, before wind and fire do it and cost someone a house.

My entire property is old growth forest on steep slopes. And we are downwind of McLean Creek...only a
    Matter of time!!

Cell coverage generally does suck but internet is good through either Xplornet or Davinci...may be others but those are the two we have had (one is satellite, is broadband). Everyone around here has good internet coverage.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    My entire property is old growth forest on steep slopes. And we are downwind of McLean Creek...only a
    Matter of time!!

Cell coverage generally does suck but internet is good through either Xplornet or Davinci...may be others but those are the two we have had (one is satellite, is broadband). Everyone around here has good internet coverage.
    Out there, it's which side of a hill you are one.. There was a great acreage out there, I gave the legal description to xplorenet, they couldn't hit it. There was also no cell service for about 2 km's either way of the place.. Soloracer is down in a valley and they couldn't hit him either, I think he had Davinci before and IIRC, it sucked balls...
    I think south Bragg Creek, Millarville, and Priddis prices will rise with the ring road, a lot of people I know want to live in that area but didn't want to put up with the 37st/anderson/14st/Glenmore/crowchild fiasco..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Ford Escape

Thanks guys for your feedback. Since I am looking to work from home in 2018, Redwood Meadows sounds like a no no.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Out there, it's which side of a hill you are one.. There was a great acreage out there, I gave the legal description to xplorenet, they couldn't hit it. There was also no cell service for about 2 km's either way of the place.. Soloracer is down in a valley and they couldn't hit him either, I think he had Davinci before and IIRC, it sucked balls...
    I think south Bragg Creek, Millarville, and Priddis prices will rise with the ring road, a lot of people I know want to live in that area but didn't want to put up with the 37st/anderson/14st/Glenmore/crowchild fiasco..
    If you're willing to put up a bit of a tower or cut down trees, you can usually make something work. When I was on davinci, I suffered with slower service versus cutting down some massive old spruce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lisayyc View Post
    Thanks guys for your feedback. Since I am looking to work from home in 2018, Redwood Meadows sounds like a no no.
    Living in Redwood won't stop you from working at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2