Quantcast
Wheeling General Discussion - Page 89 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2093

Thread: Wheeling General Discussion

My Ride
    Exploded.

Looks like I'll go LED's then.

I already got a shackle hitch and going to find out soon if my current tires are adequate for winter driving or if I need to switch.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Originally posted by Kloubek
    2nd on the LEDs. Even the cheap Ebay ones which I have put out decent light and are super cheap.

And even though I'm a little late to the game, Princess Auto for the shackle hitch, and my vote goes to the BFG KO for all-around performance. (And more than one person has told me it is the only AT tire they would take offroad)
    I second that for the BFG TA/KO. I think it's the best all around tire. I'm on Duratracs right now and I regret it. The noise is much higher than my BFG ever were.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by flipstah
    Looks like I'll go LED's then.
    Good plan. Ordering LEDs straight from Hanma has always worked well for me, they're very reasonably-priced compared to the $$$ Rigid lights.

My Ride
    Exploded.

After driving to Edmonton in Garth, the Land Rover definitely NEEDS LED lighting. Useless headlamps.

Also, respect to people who made it up the rockshelf in McLean. I tried but couldn't.

Kept stalling the truck on the second flight of rocks. There was just no power in that engine to get it up there.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by projekz

I second that for the BFG TA/KO. I think it's the best all around tire. I'm on Duratracs right now and I regret it. The noise is much higher than my BFG ever were.
    Really eh? I remember on GC you went with the Duratracs and were happy with them.

My Ride

Originally posted by Kloubek

Really eh? I remember on GC you went with the Duratracs and were happy with them.
    They're great tires, don't get me wrong, but compare to the BFG TA/KO the noise is much higher. I feel like I have bad wheel bearings all around. Had the same issue with the WJ.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Well, the DTs are a much more aggressive tread pattern, so I'd say that's to be expected.

My Ride
    1985/1986/1988 4runner

Originally posted by projekz

They're great tires, don't get me wrong, but compare to the BFG TA/KO the noise is much higher. I feel like I have bad wheel bearings all around. Had the same issue with the WJ.
    The perks of having an older truck is that tire noise will only just register among all the other noises the truck makes.

My Ride

If I'm gonna have mud tire noise, I might as well have mud tires.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

* derp *
    Last edited by firebane; 10-07-2013 at 10:41 PM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

After driving to Edmonton in Garth, the Land Rover definitely NEEDS LED lighting. Useless headlamps.

Also, respect to people who made it up the rockshelf in McLean. I tried but couldn't.

Kept stalling the truck on the second flight of rocks. There was just no power in that engine to get it up there.
    If your lights are sealed beam look into perhaps getting a H4 upgrade if you haven't or they don't have it already.

If I could get around on 2 bald tires in 4x4 last year.. I'm sure you'll be fine.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by firebane

If your lights are sealed beam look into perhaps getting a H4 upgrade if you haven't or they don't have it already.

If I could get around on 2 bald tires in 4x4 last year.. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    I got on to the climb just fine but there was just a high shelf that I couldn't get over. It's tricky with a stick shift.

So if I'm interested in doing some winter wheeling, which setup would you run with: dedicated winter truck tires or MTs with studs?

General Grabber AT2 with studs
    Firestone Destination MT with studs
    Firestone Winterforce LT with studs

235/85/16

My Ride
    Hatred

MT with studs for sure
    -U

My Ride
    Exploded.

For car batteries, which have you found worked best for your rigs? The LR has the incorrect size of battery for it and looking to replace it after it had issues starting several times recently. I'm considering either Optima or Interstate.

I'm using the new battery as a diagnostic measure. I have to replace it anyways so if the new battery still have issues starting, then it's either my accessories draining the power or the alternator needs replacing.

Also planning to buy a voltmeter and ammeter to measure capacity and charging capabilities, respectively.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

For car batteries, which have you found worked best for your rigs? The LR has the incorrect size of battery for it and looking to replace it after it had issues starting several times recently. I'm considering either Optima or Interstate.

I'm using the new battery as a diagnostic measure. I have to replace it anyways so if the new battery still have issues starting, then it's either my accessories draining the power or the alternator needs replacing.

Also planning to buy a voltmeter and ammeter to measure capacity and charging capabilities, respectively.
    I'd start by simply taking the battery and alternator into a shop and have them check it for you.

I recently replaced the battery in my truck ($155) later for a Interstate and when I took my old one in they thought it was for a Cavalier (too small).

When they tested my battery doing nothing it was perfectly fine but when put under load it simply would not work and needed replacement.

Now that I have replaced my battery my scanguage shows 13.9-14v as it should when the vehicle is running unlike before when it was 13.0 to 13.3v.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Optima Yellow Top or an Odessey.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by firebane

I'd start by simply taking the battery and alternator into a shop and have them check it for you.

I recently replaced the battery in my truck ($155) later for a Interstate and when I took my old one in they thought it was for a Cavalier (too small).

When they tested my battery doing nothing it was perfectly fine but when put under load it simply would not work and needed replacement.

Now that I have replaced my battery my scanguage shows 13.9-14v as it should when the vehicle is running unlike before when it was 13.0 to 13.3v.
    For some reason, the truck had intermittent starting issues. One time, it cranks fine, drives it, then won't start again after I turn it off.

Other times, it'll be fine with no issues. The battery it came with is way too small anyways so needs to be replaced.

Originally posted by FraserB
    Optima Yellow Top or an Odessey.
    I'll check out Battery World:

http://batteryworld.net/store-locator.html

Since they carry both.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I've heard nothing but bad things about Optima batteries lately, they were top of the heap at one time but it seems quality took a nose dive.

Sears Die Hard Platinum AGM batteries are rebadged Odysseys, so that's the way I'd go if you can get one cheaper than the Odyssey from Battery World.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    I've heard nothing but bad things about Optima batteries lately, they were top of the heap at one time but it seems quality took a nose dive.

Sears Die Hard Platinum AGM batteries are rebadged Odysseys, so that's the way I'd go if you can get one cheaper than the Odyssey from Battery World.
    Damn, it'll be hard to find out pricing because I don't even know the size yet. I have to bring the clamp frame-thinajamig for fitting.

Any opinions on Interstate?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Damn, it'll be hard to find out pricing because I don't even know the size yet. I have to bring the clamp frame-thinajamig for fitting.

Any opinions on Interstate?
    Never had any experience with Interstate.

Also, apparently Sears quit selling the Platinums in Canada for whatever reason, so that may not be an option for you.

Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast