Quantcast
Pins/Metal Objects in Grocery Stores - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pins/Metal Objects in Grocery Stores

My Ride
    POS Toyota

Default Pins/Metal Objects in Grocery Stores

Just watching the news this evening, looks like Shawnessy Safeway is the 3rd grocery store (Sobeys/Co-op) to get metal objects in food.

Juice Cartons, fruits, and today it was a loaf of bread with a "dangerous object" which they're not naming, dunno why.

What is the point of people doing this?

You're not screwing over the company, you're screwing over your fellow shoppers...

You are screwing the company. Bad press means fewer shoppers and increased security costs, which translates to a lower bottom line.

I certainly won't be grocery shopping for a bit :P I have a hard time believing that "Screw those grocery stores" is going through the heads of the people doing this though.

My Ride
    POS Toyota

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    You are screwing the company. Bad press means fewer shoppers and increased security costs, which translates to a lower bottom line.
    Well, people need to eat regardless, and I don't think any of these stores will take a reputation hit because of nutjobs coming into their stores, as it's been ALL of them now (except Wal-Mart I guess).

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Damn copy cats. Media should've just put a lid on the original story instead of blowing it out of proportion. This is the problem with some news stories, it just gives the same bad idea to other bad people.

I don't understand how they aren't able to catch these people if they got camera's right on top of the departments or are they mostly fake black globes?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Im willing to bet its the same punks doing it all over.

This is complete BS though, if my grandma, mom, friends mom, or whoever got hurt as a result of these punks doing this, i have no idea how id act, ahaha...
    But fuck man, thats absolutely sick.

The biggest group being targeted IMO is the elderly too, as im willing to bet that i can see a pin sticking out of a loaf of bread before my grandma could.

Effin sick.
    SICK!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Sobey, Co-op and Safeway..... he did it

My Ride
    Lease

^^^ I can picture that happening too. (JUST MY OPINION)

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

This is getting out of hand. I live close to the Co-op where this all started and since the first reported incident I haven't been back to that Co-op. I feel that someone caught doing this should be charged under a terrorism type act, as they are effectively instilling fear in the general public - (granted it's not like I am scared to go grocery shopping, but I am a lot more aware). This could cause a backlash of even higher food prices city wide if stores add additional security.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

When they found the last stupid cunt who was pulling this shit, we should have had a public ass kicking to let any other dumbfuck who thinks this might be a fun prank to pull know that if we catch you doing shit like this, we'll fuck your shit up and make sure everyone knows about it.

Who didn't see this coming, considering the slap on the wrist the last bitch got?
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

This fucking infuriates me. I wish I could catch the kid doing it, holyyy we'd have quite the beatdown. Best part is that other people would join in once they found out why I was busting his skull open with a can of chunky soup.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Behead those who compromise food safety.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by swak
    Im willing to bet its the same punks doing it all over.

This is complete BS though, if my grandma, mom, friends mom, or whoever got hurt as a result of these punks doing this, i have no idea how id act, ahaha...
    But fuck man, thats absolutely sick.

The biggest group being targeted IMO is the elderly too, as im willing to bet that i can see a pin sticking out of a loaf of bread before my grandma could.

Effin sick.
    SICK!
    This is one of those cases where an example needs to be made of someone to deter the next moron

I don't agree that it's targeted at primarily at the elderly tho. If it's pushed all the way into something like an apple or banana, I don't think many of us would notice it until we took a bite into it.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by black13
    Damn copy cats. Media should've just put a lid on the original story instead of blowing it out of proportion. This is the problem with some news stories, it just gives the same bad idea to other bad people.

I don't understand how they aren't able to catch these people if they got camera's right on top of the departments or are they mostly fake black globes?
    Food safety is a pretty big deal because, unless we're willing to grow, pick, hunt, clean the food ourselves it's very difficult for the average citizen to know where and how the food has been handled. Also, stores hadn't reported the incidents to the Police (in this instance) until a few more incidents had occurred when they realized there was a pattern. So if anything, the story was subject to a small cover-up before it went to the media.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NOYB.

This is indeed getting pretty ridiculous, and if it truly is a concerted effort (instead of just some little snot-nosed kids copycatting the woman who's been charged), they're accomplishing their goals pretty handily. Any of you guys in the south feel comfortable buying groceries without going thru them with a fine-tooth comb lately?

Reminds me of the Tylenol cyanide tampering case in the early (early) '80s. Tylenol came out of it OK though, and "tamper-proof" packaging was the result on countless packaged goods from then on.

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by Jay911
    Any of you guys in the south feel comfortable buying groceries without going thru them with a fine-tooth comb lately?
    Not at all. When it was an outbreak of Sobeys, we figured it was an angry employee/customer and decided we were going to switch temporarily to the Shawnessey Safeway. Of course, they're found there next.

Frightening stuff.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

The police said that there was obvious signs of tampering with the loaf of bread, but the metal object could not be seen from the outside. This probably took some time to do. My question is, how did the person do it in the store, and no-one notice anything strange?
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    NOYB.

Originally posted by baygirl
    The police said that there was obvious signs of tampering with the loaf of bread, but the metal object could not be seen from the outside. This probably took some time to do. My question is, how did the person do it in the store, and no-one notice anything strange?
    I would imagine that someone messing around would seem like they were just checking out different loaves of bread, like we all do with our fresh groceries.

My teacher knew the first woman that was tampering with the food. Both their kids go to the same elementary school. I guess she was banned from the grocery store for shop lifting previously. What a wack job!

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Originally posted by Jay911

I would imagine that someone messing around would seem like they were just checking out different loaves of bread, like we all do with our fresh groceries.
    In order to get the object in the bread, you would think that they would have to remove it from the bag. I'm just wondering if this actually happened at the store, as there were obvious signs of tampering.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast