Quantcast
Amp Kits, are the expensive ones better? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Amp Kits, are the expensive ones better?

My Ride
    MkVi

Default Amp Kits, are the expensive ones better?

I was curious, do the amp kits that cost more (ones at futureshop) better than the cheap ones? (ones at wal-mart etc)

My Ride
    FG4

end of the day wire is wire. the only thing to be worried about would be the rca's. shitty kits have crappy shielded rca's so i would upgrade those. everything else should be ok.

My Ride
    MkVi

quick reply, thanks

The ones at futureshop and big stores like that they are selling the name more then selling the damn product, I have always used the ones from walmart and they couldnt be better and the fuse part on the red wire blows out fast if the wires some how hit together really good on blowing the fuse then blowing some thing more imporant like ur amp ur something in ur car

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

Walmart offers the Scoche brand and that brand has been one of the top selling car audio accessories brands for 10+ years. You are good to go to. Dont waste your money elsewhere.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
    Walmart offers the Scoche brand and that brand has been one of the top selling car audio accessories brands for 10+ years. You are good to go to. Dont waste your money elsewhere.
    I would just buy the Scosche Brand stuff. I personally have a stinger amp kit and it's worked great, but next time i would definitely just go with the cheaper stuff.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/

</thread>

Anything else is overpriced and a waste of money.

My Ride
    LeMans 350Z

you can find a lot of the same kits online for much better prices. as far as any differences. some of the cheaper kits will use more shielding giving you a little less actual copper wire and can be harder to bend and tuck away inside the car. strand count and the quality of the connectors and rca's would be the big differences between the high quality and lower quality. ive seen some of the fuse holders crack as u try to tighten them up. if you really are building a quality system you may want to order just a power kit and then the rca's seperate to get exactly what u want for quality and length.

try checking websites such as:

sonicelectronix.com
    onlinecarstereo.com
    woofersect.com

hopefully that helps you out.

you really are only paying for a brand name. wire is wire
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Blue boy

I always recommend the Scosche ones to people.

My Ride
    explorer

sure wire is wire but not all kits are ture gauge make sure your wire is stamped with awg(american wire gauge) to ensure you are getting proper wire gauge 10,8,4,1
    some companies claim 4 gauge but its all shielding and only works out to a real 4 gauge wire

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by futurecivic
    some companies claim 4 gauge but its all shielding and only works out to a real 4 gauge wire

Anyways.... If they want to lie about what size their wire is, they can stamp their lie on the cable as well. Reading the cable doesn't tell you shit.

When it comes to buying power wire I go to princess auto and buy welding cable when I install amps in my cars. That stuff is designed to take all sorts of abuse so you know the insulation on it will never break down from the repeated heat cycling of being under the hood, and you know that when you pull it through tight spaces and ziptie everything in place the insulation will hold up and won't scrape through or crush. Also, it has a very high strand count so it bends very easily and so it is super easy to put it exactly where you want it.

The only down side is it only comes in a boring black color so its not great for showing off, but personally that doesn't bother me.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome