Quantcast
Beyond Linkedin? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Beyond Linkedin?

My Ride
    2002 e46

Default Beyond Linkedin?

With most of the open jobs in this city being filled because of knowing someone (hidden market) and not so much the visible market, does it seem like a plausible thing to have the business professionals here on beyond to network with each other on Linkedin?

Just a thought.

My Ride
    2002 e46

Last edited by sk8r3124; 03-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Honestly, I recommend someone I went to school with and they dont work out and feel like an idiot. Putting up my contact for someone on beyond I dont even know doesnt interest me in the least.

Maybe I am the only one.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Depends what types of jobs.. Since a lot of Engg kids are on the board, would be sweet if we could get internship jobs on here haha.

Originally posted by Cos
    Honestly, I recommend someone I went to school with and they dont work out and feel like an idiot. Putting up my contact for someone on beyond I dont even know doesnt interest me in the least.

Maybe I am the only one.
    Nope, you're not the only one.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Cos

Maybe I am the only one.
    I'm not interested in being associated publicly and especially professionally with someone that I do not know.

Originally posted by Jlude

I'm not interested in being associated publicly and especially professionally with someone that I do not know.
    I learned this when I sent that one guy your way. I don't know if it ever got back to you, but when he bailed even after they offered him everything he wanted, I was a bit peeved to say the least.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

I'm also hoping that Beyond could help us all out in the job market.

Rather than associating your name to someone you don't know, I think it might be helpful to simply post opportunities you know of.

I hooked up a Beyonder with a job cause he seemed like a pretty chill guy on here... I think he lasted about a week. He rolled in really late the first Friday on the job (cause he was out celebrating Thursday night because he got the job), I heard about it from the manager who hired him and sometime the following week he was gone.

Learned my lesson.

Originally posted by FYD524
    I'm also hoping that Beyond could help us all out in the job market.

Rather than associating your name to someone you don't know, I think it might be helpful to simply post opportunities you know of.
    I post in Graham_A_M's thread if I see any job postings. I am lucky to have the position I do and we are really picky (and hard) on staff so I dont trust another beyonder to be able to multi-task quite like I do. When I see other guys on here who have good jobs and they are on Beyond during the day, I assume they are like me, that they can also prioritize when to be on Beyond and when to GTF to work. Last guy I hired didnt really get that.....

That is also why my English is sub par..... I am typing so damned fast.
    Last edited by Cos; 03-31-2010 at 02:17 PM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I hooked up a Beyonder with a job cause he seemed like a pretty chill guy on here... I think he lasted about a week. He rolled in really late the first Friday on the job (cause he was out celebrating Thursday night because he got the job), I heard about it from the manager who hired him and sometime the following week he was gone.

Learned my lesson.
    That would be me!
    I lasted more like around a month haha, and I chose to leave because the work load was non existent. I apologize it reflected poorly on you, but 5 P&ID's and "practicing" with Cadworx equipment is not the "busy workload" i was promised. After 3 weeks i had enough of sitting around doing nothing(which is why i had left my previous company). Maybe I'm really short on patience or whatever, i just can't do nothing everyday. I felt like a douche but i had to look out for my best interest and find somewhere that would keep me busy. Personally i thought you were great guy either way and really appreciated the help though.

Once again i apologize to you, and that it had to go that direction. I may not be the most amazing person with punctuality but I'm a hard working, knowledgeable employee, and it's been proven by where i am today. I would have PM'd this, but it's beyond, they love this kinda stuff lol. I really have nothing to hide. It's also happened to me since, so i know how it feels.

I was also given an opportunity to work with a fellow Beyonder as well, I ended taking a position that was really entry level and not the one I applied for with promise of being trained eventually for the job I wanted, I can honestly say I was over qualified for the position offered, but I didn't mind as I was trying to get my feet in the industry, long story short, the company divested the department I worked in and unfortunately only a select few were able to stay with the team and move to the other company, myself and a several others got laid off. The Beyonder that hooked me up with the job, ended up quitting and moving to another country. I must say though, that was the best working environment I was ever in, and although the job was so so, I'm very grateful.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hell, I don't even LIKE you fuckers, let alone trust you enough to refer to my place of work.
    Fuck no.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Antonito
    I learned this when I sent that one guy your way. I don't know if it ever got back to you, but when he bailed even after they offered him everything he wanted, I was a bit peeved to say the least.
    Hahaha.. I don't even know who you're talking about. Was this recent?

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Learned my lesson.
    Brutal

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Hell, I don't even LIKE you fuckers, let alone trust you enough to refer to my place of work.
    Fuck no.

Best post in here.... haha