Quantcast
April Fools pranks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools pranks

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Default April Fools pranks

List off what shenanigans you have planned for today. I need some ideas. And after many of the beyond CSI threads, I know some of you will take pranks to a pretty good level.

I know these are lame/old but maybe it'll ge the ball running...

1.Take a Post-It note and place it over the eye of the victim’s optical mouse. When the victim tries to use his or her computer, the cursor won’t move.

2.Before you begin, practice the following trick: place a coin on your head, hold your arms straight out to your sides, and drop the coin into a funnel that is inserted into the beltline of your pants. Once you can do this well, find the victim and tell him you learned a trick that is very difficult to master. Perform the trick. Most likely the victim will ask to try it themselves. Right before they drop the coin, take a glass of ice-cold water that you have placed nearby and pour it into the funnel.

3.This idea is great for playing a prank on your co-worker in an adjoining cubicle. Plug an extra mouse into one of your victim's spare USB ports and snake the wire back into your cubicle. When the victim is working away, give the spare mouse an occasional small nudge. (This is especially funny if your victim is actually trying to use the mouse at the time.)

^Does that one even work?
    Last edited by cycosis; 04-01-2010 at 03:27 AM.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 12:55 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

I know you can't do this today, but here's a prank I pulled a couple of years ago. 2 friends of mine, both guys, got drunk and passed out. We put them in bed together naked, unrolled a condom, covered it in lube, and threw it on the floor. The next morning, which was April Fools, the guys all acted like everything was normal. When I woke up, I pretended to be pissed, and asked Mikey who the hell he'd fucked last night, because he kept me awake with all the moaning. It wasn't until a week later when he found the pics on my camera that he realized it was a set-up.
    i was going to tell him that morning that it was an April Fool's, but I remembered the time he hid my car on me, and it took me 4 days to find it.
    Last edited by baygirl; 04-01-2010 at 08:42 AM.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

^In the week it took them to figure out it was a prank, how many times do you think they figured "Well, the anal ice is kind of broken already, so..."
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Originally posted by TKRIS
    ^In the week it took them to figure out it was a prank, how many times do you think they figured "Well, the anal ice is kind of broken already, so..."
    I always wondered if they woke up next to each with erections.

Default Re: April Fools pranks

Originally posted by cycosis
    1.Take a Post-It note and place it over the eye of the victim’s optical mouse. When the victim tries to use his or her computer, the cursor won’t move.
    Good start... but done correctly it's really a 4 part prank.

Part 2: Unplug USB cable just enough that it looks plugged in but there's no power to the mouse.

Part 3: Swap the right click/left click in Control Panel.

Part 4: Slow the mouse speed down to the lowest speed setting... trust me, it's slow as fuck!

It's perfect cause people get caught all the time with the "Oh I see what you did there...." but nope, there's more shit to fix!

For you office workers...print this out and post it over the copier/printer/fax and watch the bimbo's speak to the machine:

http://webadboard.com/4-1-2010-HP-printer.pdf

different signs for different machines:

http://www.shenandoahwireless.net/prank.html
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 04-01-2010 at 09:12 AM.

More classics that completely fucks computer illiterate people:

The Desktop Screenshot
    Take a screenshot of the guy's desktop, and set the screenshot as the background wallpaper. Now, move all of his icons into a new folder somewhere... but it still seems like they're all there cause the new desktop wallpaper is really his old one, but now includes the pictures of the icons

The Internet Explorer/Firefox Homepage
    On the desktop, create a new shortcut to a terrible webpage (tubgirl, meatspin, lemonparty... your pick), now right click on the shortcut, go to Properties and then change the icon so it looks exactly like the normal Internet Explorer or Firefox icon. Erase their IE/Firefox icon and replace it with the fake one...

Now, set the default home webpage to match your tubgirl/meatspin/lemonparty shortcut, so that when they try to fix it and they think "Oh, you just changed my home page, I'll change it back to Google, there fixed!" Oh, but au contraire... it'll be frustrating as fuck when they can't get their "homepage" back, but what they're really doing each time is opening a link to a website. Even computer literate people get tripped up on this one.

My Ride
    TL

come to work drunk. april fools

Last year a guy at work put tape on the USB connection of my mouse. It's wireless so I thought the batteries died at first, replaced them still nothing. So natuarally, I thought the mouse just died. Got pretty pissed and chucked it against the wall and tried to break it with a co-worker. The guy who did it walks in, said stop you idiots and showed us what he did. Mouse still works!

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

This was done last year to one of my co-workers who was on Support. I work as a system admin and we go on a duty rotation every week where one of us has to carry a pager. Here is a little background for those who don't really know about server hardware (HP in this case). When a server has a fault normally an orange light shows up so it is easy to spot in an array of green lights. Well we have this huge storage array, 2 racks wide full of hard drives, and when looking at it, it is all green unless there is a problem with a disk, in which case the light on that one disk is orange.

Now this storage array is production corporate data and is super important to the functions of the organization. As a joke last year, the storage admins went into the array utility and activated "Identify disk" on each and every single disk in the array. This is done normally to a single disk to see which of the hundreds of disks you need to remove or service. Well they did it to all the disks, and in the morning when the duty person does their morning checks they look for orange lights, they pretty much shit their pants when they saw 2 racks light up orange haha. You should have seen that guy run in here screaming and panicing thinking that our whole storage backbone is gone haha, it was funny.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Here is another one, this is all computer related since that is my field.

Create a new web page on some server and put weird hacker messages on it. Say like..."You have been hacked ect" with images of the organizations logos and what is left of the homepage after this hack.

Then go to your bosses computer and change the hosts file to redirect your standard webpage to this new webpage that you created. When a person types the name into the address bar or does any network access to the name (such as a server name or the url of your company), normally the query goes to the DNS server which tells it the IP address to actually direct the page to, however, if you modify the local hosts file, it is the first place that get's looked at for resolution, so it automatically goes to what the hosts file says, which may not be the true address of the server.

Next you run into your bosses office and tell them that you have been hacked! You tell them to check out the home page, and sure enough, when they go to the site, the host file redirects them to your other web server you setup with the fake page, and the boss shits his pants.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm still hoping Quebec's $25 per doctors visit bill is a April Fools joke... no one has said it yet, and it's past noon already...
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

^That's the first I've heard of it.
    I've been saying we need to do that for years. The only thing I don't like about it is that Quebec was the first to have the balls to actually try it.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by eblend
    Here is another one, this is all computer related since that is my field.

Create a new web page on some server and put weird hacker messages on it. Say like..."You have been hacked ect" with images of the organizations logos and what is left of the homepage after this hack.

Then go to your bosses computer and change the hosts file to redirect your standard webpage to this new webpage that you created. When a person types the name into the address bar or does any network access to the name (such as a server name or the url of your company), normally the query goes to the DNS server which tells it the IP address to actually direct the page to, however, if you modify the local hosts file, it is the first place that get's looked at for resolution, so it automatically goes to what the hosts file says, which may not be the true address of the server.

Next you run into your bosses office and tell them that you have been hacked! You tell them to check out the home page, and sure enough, when they go to the site, the host file redirects them to your other web server you setup with the fake page, and the boss shits his pants.
    for some reason i feel my boss would not be fooled by this
    pretty funny though

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I'll give you guys the best prank ever. I was seriously owned and I don't mind admitting it.

Back in 06, a friend from high school said she was coming to Calgary to go work in Banff. I believed her, after all, we'd been friends since we were kids.

She told me her flight was arriving at 7:30 and that she had lots of bags. So, I borrowed a company truck and went out to the airport for 7:30... waited... waited... you get the picture. She called me at 9 (when the next possible flight that she could be on, came in) and was laughing hysterically. We laughed about it a couple days ago. Bitch.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

if you guys use phones alot in the office on an hourly basis, put a piece of clear packing tape on the microphone part of someones phone set. then sit and watch, tell everyone else too.

A few years back a friend boss sent out an e-mail detailing how the company was now going to track all personal e-mails and charge a fee for each one.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by TKRIS
    ^That's the first I've heard of it.
    I've been saying we need to do that for years. The only thing I don't like about it is that Quebec was the first to have the balls to actually try it.
    I think it's bullshit. I would agree with a charge on people using the emergency room, for non-emergency reasons, but not a normal doctors visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Default Re: Re: April Fools pranks

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Good start... but done correctly it's really a 4 part prank.

Part 2: Unplug USB cable just enough that it looks plugged in but there's no power to the mouse.

Part 3: Swap the right click/left click in Control Panel.

Part 4: Slow the mouse speed down to the lowest speed setting... trust me, it's slow as fuck!

It's perfect cause people get caught all the time with the "Oh I see what you did there...." but nope, there's more shit to fix!
    My boss is tech savy and will likely just go to control panel, via the start button, and use tab & the arrow keys.

I'm trying to find an easy way to disable the start button, unfortunately it involves editing the registry, and I'm not about to do that lol.

Suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast