Quantcast
Video: Apache Gunship mowing down Iraqis - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Apache Gunship mowing down Iraqis

My Ride

Default Video: Apache Gunship mowing down Iraqis

http://wikileaks.org/

`WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff. Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.`

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

wow, just wow.

Makes me sick.

At 12:53 the big powerful soldier says "I think I just drove over a body"...... you can just "hear" the smirk on his face through his voice.

really disgusting

It's like a video game to those guys

sadly it is very unlikely they will be ever be held accountable

My Ride
    EP3

That was all so surreal - I don't even know what to say...

You want to think good is being done over there (and I have a friend in the military who has been deployed and says that good things are being done indeed), but then there's this stuff...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

No words to describe. I'm just so sad feeling right now
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Ugh...why is my country still in this "war".....

RIP to the Reuters reporters.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Trini
    really disgusting

It's like a video game to those guys

sadly it is very unlikely they will be ever be held accountable
    I agree, it is disgusting; probably also like a video game. The saddest part is, its not even the soldiers' fault that its like a video game... from what I've heard, its almost like being brainwashed while they're over there... like an alternative reality

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by cjblair

I agree, it is disgusting; probably also like a video game. The saddest part is, its not even the soldiers' fault that its like a video game... from what I've heard, its almost like being brainwashed while they're over there... like an alternative reality
    People with good conscious, don't kill unless under immediate threat, and especially don't blindly follow orders. They have to be brainwashed to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Um I saw no problem with that video at all. These guys are at war, IMO it was pretty hard to tell who had guns and who had cameras, those cameras looked like guns with the straps over their shoulders with a bulky object attached to the end of it. These guys don't have time to send pictures off somewhere else, get someone to take a closer look at the picture and determine whether or not they're carrying guns. Do you realize how far the apaches were from those people? Far enough that the people don't hear them (and presumably see them from that video), and far enough to see the bullets hit their targets couple seconds after you hear them firing.

It also doesn't help that one of the photographers was knelt down, peaking around the corner, with a large object in his hand and then when they fly around the corner they're all huddled together. That honestly did look pretty sketchy. Its you against them, you're out there to look out for yourself and your comrades.

As for the children, thats unfortunate, don't bring them into a war zone, you could barely see them from the pilots POV anyways, it wasn't until closer, zoomed in images is when you could sort of see them.

Use your brain, would any of you bring your children in a hot zone such as that? It JUST got shot up, you gotta be fucking stupid to bring them there, seriously? You think americans just shoot and skoot like the opposition?

edit: and if you're a by stander, standing with the opposition, you probably shouldn't stand around dudes with actual guns. Just some advice.

edit #2: just watching the video again, when that guy was knelt down, looking around the corner, it really did look like an RPG... 4:08-4:18, it wasn't just a quick glimpse, that was 10 seconds of looking at that guy, so in their eyes it for sure was a RPG and it just soo happens the camera guy stood up, in which it looked like he was about to fire it.
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 04-06-2010 at 12:53 AM.

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

Pretty sad how the gunners hope for situations where they can open fire, like how they hoped the wounded guy crawling on the ground would pick up a gun. Also when the chopper goes behind the buildings and they lose sight, how frustrated and impatient they sound. They're just desperate to kill, it's pathetic and disgusting.

My Ride
    SRT

bad place bad time... there are probably hundred more times when they backed off in time, and thousands more when the group on the ground was armed and up to shit.... so fuck, it's a war...

now, the guys with the kids, they most likely just drove by, saw a bunch of dead people and some wounded guy and just wanted to help get him to a hospital

My Ride
    SRT

Originally posted by mx73someday
    Pretty sad how the gunners hope for situations where they can open fire, like how they hoped the wounded guy crawling on the ground would pick up a gun. Also when the chopper goes behind the buildings and they lose sight, how frustrated and impatient they sound. They're just desperate to kill, it's pathetic and disgusting.
    i imagine when you're actually out there, you lose your "grip" more or less... what could be more stressful than knowing you can die or get maimed for life at any second, month after month daily!? people get fucked up during wars

My Ride
    02' dc5

wow, chopper gunner on MWF2 right there.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

"Although the men in the video appear to be armed, their behavior was relaxed".
    There's a fucking dude with an RPG right beside the building, numerous of them are carrying Ak-47's and two of them have cameras. Beautiful video. Don't know why the insurgents involve their children in these things, either.
    Good shoot, sorry about the journalist. Don't know that I'd be hanging out with insurgents in open air though
    Last edited by CUG; 04-06-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by CUG
    "Although the men in the video appear to be armed, their behavior was relaxed".
    There's a fucking dude with an RPG right beside the building, numerous of them are carrying Ak-47's and two of them have cameras. Beautiful video. Don't know why the insurgents involve their children in these things, either.
    Good shoot, sorry about the journalist. Don't know that I'd be hanging out with insurgents in open air though
    accctually, it really is only the camera man peaking around the corner, at 4:17 you can see there's a space between his shirt and the camera screen, but that is if you really analyze the video, those pilots wouldn't of been able to catch that. Justified shootings and killings imho.

if russia or china did this there would be nobody trying to justify it

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by jeffy
    if russia or china did this there would be nobody trying to justify it
    I'm not detracting from the civilian casualties here, but the same people who are "shocked" and "seeing how it really is" stutter and fart when you ask them things like "What about the bad guys? They drive vehicles into markets full of civilians and blow the shit out of them?"

And they're horrified over a video like this?

Oh, 100% serious, lets hear it:

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Originally posted by riceeater

i imagine when you're actually out there, you lose your "grip" more or less... what could be more stressful than knowing you can die or get maimed for life at any second, month after month daily!? people get fucked up during wars
    hey george back from the dead huh?

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

im sorry but if i was there and saw a group of insurgents id call in an ac130 and lite that mother up 10 mile radius only because the fear for my own life and they should of left the kids at home

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast