Quantcast
We need more leaders like this. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more leaders like this.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Default We need more leaders like this.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA , WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know

fuckin eh. bout time people stopped being a push over.

My Ride
    Hatred

That guy is my hero.. *Really slow claps though*
    -U

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Fuck...Good to hear!!! If we could give rep points on beyond you would have my vote for the great find!

He said this a few years ago and I can't agree more.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

right on!!!! canada has to be the most push over country in many things. My bet is 10 more years untill arabic is our 3rd mational language
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    FG4

My new hero for sure. We need him over here asap.

Another bandwagon forming perhaps? Maybe y'all should ask yourselves who you voted for in the last federal election and why? Did the party that you voted for represent beliefs such as laid out in the OP's post and if that party did not, then why did you vote for them?

After all, it's oh so easy to pump one's fists in the air and declare/support this and that from behind a keyboard, but when the time comes to place your "X" in the box on that federal ballot, did you place it according to what you wanted or believed in? And if you couldn't, then have you done anything to effect the changes you wish to see take place?

For myself, I couldn't necessarily support most of the things in the OP's post and I am a middle aged white married male with three kids. Why? Maybe it's because my family came to Canada some 4 generations ago to escape persecution and as late as the 70's I was still being discriminated against as a young teenager just because of my ancestry.

My Canada is tolerant and will evolve into something that is different than the Canada that my great great grandfather moved to which is again different than the Canada that every past generation of my family has known.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That was never spoken, or written, by Kevin Rudd or any Prime Minister of Austrailia. This is from back in 2005 and is a collection of quotes from several different people.
    Snopes - Muslims out of Austrailia

Also, while we are playing the fun "go back to your own country" game, I'd like to say that I think Chinese and nammer folks have the same issues with integrating into "Canadian" society as do muslims. Can we kick all them out too, even ones born here?

That should start the fun, knowing the beyond deomgraphic
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 04-06-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Interesting, but what of the bandwagon?
    Will fuck off, again.

Tolerance is a two-way street. Period.

Haha as soon as I saw 'send this to as many people as you
    Can!!!' I knew instantly it was a chain email with fake quotes

Originally posted by speedog

For myself, I couldn't necessarily support most of the things in the OP's post and I am a middle aged white married male with three kids. Why? Maybe it's because my family came to Canada some 4 generations ago to escape persecution and as late as the 70's I was still being discriminated against as a young teenager just because of my ancestry.

Boo-Hoo

I came from a balkan country just 15 years ago for the same reason, to escape persecution. (we left during the soviet collapse) and i still give the OP's post a mega fist pump, when we came we KNEW you have to do some integration into society, everyone in my family immediatly sought to learn english, and now we are all fluent. There are family's i know who came to canada 20+ years ago that STILL cant speak english well, they just associate with their same culture and dont bother to integrate WHAT-SO-EVER, and this is what bugs the hell out of me. The OP's statement doesnt say that australia wont accept immigrants, but they just said that they need to learn the customs and integrate into society, and not just form little pakistan and iraq withen their cities
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Originally posted by chkolny541

Boo-Hoo

I came from a balkan country just 15 years ago for the same reason, to escape persecution. (we left during the soviet collapse) and i still give the OP's post a mega fist pump, when we came we KNEW you have to do some integration into society, everyone in my family immediatly sought to learn english, and now we are all fluent. There are family's i know who came to canada 20+ years ago that STILL cant speak english well, they just associate with their same culture and dont bother to integrate WHAT-SO-EVER, and this is what bugs the hell out of me. The OP's statement doesnt say that australia wont accept immigrants, but they just said that they need to learn the customs and integrate into society, and not just form little pakistan and iraq withen their cities
    And what of the little Italy's and little Germanys and little orthdox Jewish parts that exist in many of Canada's larger cities. Hell, we've got french speaking areas/towns right here in good old redneck Alberta. Guess we better get the city starting to shut down those little exclusive Italian coffee shops scattered up near Barbeques Galore on Edmonton trail - can't be having that shit here, eh.

Got to integrate into that Canadian society - whatever that is, eh. Boo fucking hoo to you too and what will you do when your kids decide that they can befriend those that bug the hell out of you?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Edit: fail
    Last edited by banned3x; 04-06-2010 at 06:30 PM.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

It would appear I should have googled this...I was taken in by an email...opps.
    Too bad it ain't true tho!

http://koosjan.wordpress.com/2009/12...does-it-again/

stopped reading at... Australia. Big talk for probably one of the most fascist, corrupt and “police state” countries next to the UK. Our country has turned to shit due to corrupt and dictatorial politicians, so lets all jump on the xenophobia bandwagon and focus our attention to the “outsiders” instead of looking at how we as Australians have let ourselves down. Why don't they talk about that?

My Ride
    Vmax

[QUOTE]Originally posted by speedog
    [B Hell, we've got french speaking areas/towns right here in good old redneck Alberta.

Not calling you out but French is an official language of Canada.

The last time I was in Montreal we asked a transit employee for directions .... he did not speak French , only english LOL.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast