Quantcast
Astronomy Images *56k Warning* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Astronomy Images *56k Warning*

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Does your mom shower near a window?

If so, let me know

Hahaha! Finally got myself a telescope! Now I just have to learn how to use it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Managed to get myself a couple good photos of the moon. Pretty good, considering it was cold and cloudy out and I don't know a thing about photography!

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Thats pretty kwel!

That the best a simple digital camera will show Can't even see the craters - lol

My Ride
    firebird

Thats sweet man....

I have a telescope that I still havent figured out how to use. That one looks really expensive too....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

hey how much did thing thing cost ya? im planning to get one next year when i move out of campus and into my own place hopefully.. wat kind of budget should i be looking at

woah thats sweet , how much does that one cost??
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Actually, the telescope isn't really that expensive in comparison to other decent ones out there. The one I got is at Costco for $265, which is a really smoking good price seeing's how it's got the motorized arm. The one I got (Celestron Nexstar 114GT) is a recently discontinued model and somehow Costco managed to get a shit load of them and they're selling them off at bargain prices. Costco was selling the same model a few months back during the Mars hype and they sold out really quickly. I've been reading that a lot of the people in the US have been snatching them up and selling them off on eBay for a nice amount of profit. If you're interested in one, I'd really suggest getting your ass to Costco tomorrow, cause they're not going to last long. I checked out some of the telescopes at the store at the science center and the closest one they have that's about the same quality starts at $300 (Celestron Firstscope 114) and doesn't even have the motorized arm.

I've been doing a lot of reading around on telescopes for the last little while and it seems the budget for a decent telescope for beginners is around $300-400'ish.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

sweet id like one, is that the closest you can get to the moon, i know nothing about telescopes!!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by 04blackMAX
    sweet id like one, is that the closest you can get to the moon, i know nothing about telescopes!!
    Actually it's the closest I could get the picture with! I was using the 10x eyepiece for the picture. The 25x eyepiece could see quite a bit better but I couldn't get a decent shot with my camera. Once I get more used to using it, I'll pick up some better eyepieces.

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Sweet pics man!
    You voyeur you

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I have a huge B&L Telescope, stands like 5.5 feet tall, it shows mars as red and you can distinctly see the shape of saturn with the rings. I'm gonna try for some pictures when its warmer out (ice crystals screw your clarity at that distance)
    Travel

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

I had a ton of fun with my telescope only problem is its one of those things that you use for a month or so then you get sick of it and it just starts getting in the way. Eventually I packed it backup into the box and it just sits in the closet now.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Damn those pictures are sweet. Quality looks awesome.

Costco has a lot of good stuff

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

do those telescopes have built in cameras or something? how do you take pics with them?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    do those telescopes have built in cameras or something? how do you take pics with them?
    Nope. I had to point my digicam into the eye piece for the pictures, which is why it's not that sharp (atleast not as sharp as I could see with my eye). I'm definitely going to be getting a camera adaptor for the telescope though.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Just playing around with the contrast/brightness in Photoshop on the moon image I posted:

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

wicked man ahha

that's cool Derrick!
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

My Ride
    hearts on fire diamond engagement ring.

yah costco is great, i work there lets see some beyond hoddies at work tonight picking up telerscopes, lol
    Solid Gino......

My Ride
    323Ci

no but my gramma does

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast