Quantcast
Wind blew someone else's shit into my shit - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wind blew someone else's shit into my shit

Shit..looks like those shingles took a shit all over your shit, man.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Kennyredline

All of those points have nothing to do with the shit that happened to your shit. They're not gonna pay for your shit just because you don't like the way they deal with their/your shit. I'm betting if you pushed the shit onto them even more, the biggest shit would hit the largest fan EVER. Probably better to just go through your insurance as others have suggested, and save yourself from the shithawk swooping down on you!
    I know none of that is the reason my shit got fucked up, I'm just sayin'. I think they might have half assed the roofing job and had they done it right, whatever right is, this wouldn't have happened. But that's just sayin' too because I can't prove it. My knowledge of construction is that you fasten a bunch of shit together to build something. What shit and how to fasten it I have no idea. But obviously there's more than one way to do it because none of the neighbor's houses lost any shingles.

My insurance guy said I might not be cocked over yet, but I still have to go through insurance. They'll look at it then and see if they're at fault, and if they are then they'll pay for it and I'll get my deductible back.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by SKR

I know none of that is the reason my shit got fucked up, I'm just sayin'. I think they might have half assed the roofing job and had they done it right, whatever right is, this wouldn't have happened. But that's just sayin' too because I can't prove it. My knowledge of construction is that you fasten a bunch of shit together to build something. What shit and how to fasten it I have no idea. But obviously there's more than one way to do it because none of the neighbor's houses lost any shingles.

My insurance guy said I might not be cocked over yet, but I still have to go through insurance. They'll look at it then and see if they're at fault, and if they are then they'll pay for it and I'll get my deductible back.
    Yaw mawn, shits fuckun windy in swiff currrrnt. Is the K Motel still their fanciest restaurant ever?

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    CBR 929

I didn't think it was that windy out the other day... I don't know of anyone that lost shingles or had damage. Is it possible they left extra loose shingles/debris laying around on the roof while building it because they were lazy?

[url]

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

So was it a Shiticane that blew the shit onto your shit?

Anywho, with regards to the shit now missing from the roof of your residence. Your landlord is obviously now aware of this defect in the building and if there is a rainstorm or a shitnami and your shit is damaged inside the residence she will in fact be liable for your shit.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride

Originally posted by CUG
    Yaw mawn, shits fuckun windy in swiff currrrnt. Is the K Motel still their fanciest restaurant ever?
    The K Motel makes a pretty goddamn good steak. But yeah, that's still the fanciest restaurant in Swift. Fuck I hate this place, and I'm from here. I feel bad for the rubes that buy into the "Where Life Makes Sense" shit.

Originally posted by bignerd
    I didn't think it was that windy out the other day... I don't know of anyone that lost shingles or had damage. Is it possible they left extra loose shingles/debris laying around on the roof while building it because they were lazy?
    No, I don't think so. My building has been finished for at least seven months, since I moved in and nothing blew off prior to this. The one that they're just finishing up might have had some loose stuff laying around but that's downwind. There's only a few houses upwind, but they're a good quarter mile away and there's lots of things to intercept debris. That, and the carnage doesn't start until you get to my place, and it ends shortly after my place.

I guess it's the fuckin' way she goes, but I know if it was the other way around at the very least I'd offer to pay the deductible out of embarrassment for having my cheap, shitty worksmanship revealed.

Are you shit sure that it was her shit that hit your shit and the shit didn't come from some other place? You'll need to collesct the shit that hit your shit incase she gets rid of the shit and tries to say your shit hit her shit, sure as shit she'll try to blame you for parking your shit there and you'll be shit out of luck. And in that case back your shit next to her shit and when she rolls down the window blow shit into her shit until she shits her pants...
    Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by SKR

The K Motel makes a pretty goddamn good steak. But yeah, that's still the fanciest restaurant in Swift. Fuck I hate this place, and I'm from here. I feel bad for the rubes that buy into the "Where Life Makes Sense" shit.
    I've been there loooots. I loved cruising up 1st, down the other 1st, then over to the 7-11, then over to the arena, then downtown again, then.. you should move to Calgary. Life made no sense while I was there, then again, it makes little sense in Calgary too. Nevermind.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

if theres any legal recourse against the owners of the property I think your insurance company would go that way.

ie If it's a clear case that they are responsible your insurance company will try to get a payout from their liability insurance or homeowners insurance.

you never know...
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

The owner if the shingles cannot be held liable as they have not been negligent. They did what any reasonable and prudent individual does with their shingles when the wind blows. They did nothing nor would it be expected of them to do anything in the circumstance. Neither their action or inaction caused the loss to your vehicle therefore there is no negligence.

Now if the shingles were extremely worn and a reasonable and prudent person would have repaired or replaced the shingles before the wind took them off then you may have a case for negligence.

Probably should just pay the $250 deductible for your comprehensive insurance and call it a day. They insurer won't go after the shingle owner for negligence and this should be a pretty good indication that you shouldn't either.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

Originally posted by Kennyredline
    Probably better to just go through your insurance as others have suggested, and save yourself from the shithawk swooping down on you!
    Nice shit-analogy, Rick!

LOL im loving all the Shit-Analogys

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I hate it when the defecation hits the oscillation
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

u should just sue them neways. or steal somethin from them

My Ride

Looks like lightning struck the shithouse again. Or, the shit hit the fan, as some may prefer.

I guess the roofers didn't actually replace any shingles because they're still waiting for an insurance adjuster or something, so they just put plastic sheets on the roof and nailed them down with two by fours. The fun part is that they didn't cover all of the fucked part of the roof, and now when it rains (like it did today, and like the 30mm that's expected tonight), it drips into my suite. Not onto any of my stuff, but directly above an electrical outlet and all over the carpet. Apparently they're going to check it out as soon as they can. I'm leaving tomorrow for work. Hopefully when I get back the place hasn't fallen in on itself or burned to the goddamn ground.

I think that if there's water dripping, almost running, into my suite, and the point of entry is the roof, there must be a small lake forming in the attic and that is certain to fuck up some shit.

But what do I give a fuck, that's why we have insurance.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

^ Are you living at earls court? LOL

My Ride
    2003 VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg

Part of downtown is closed off because the wind is blowing shit off of buildings onto other peoples shit right now. It's causing a real shitstorm of traffic backups and shit like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2