Quantcast
Official World Cup 2010 South Africa Thread - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup 2010 South Africa Thread

Originally posted by cdnsir
    ^^ Interesting! I woulda thought it was a sweat absorbing band or something. Thanks man!

And yes, US's jersey is fugly. What were they thinking?
    Ralph Lauren probably designed them....LOL that company has that nations entire sports branding line by the balls.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Bah...the North Koreans played a good game and they seemed very respectful of the Brazilians, and took NO DIVES in their game (and least I didn't notice any) -- obviously can't say the same of some players I saw in an earlier game today *cough*RONALDO*cough*.

The opening goal from Maicon seemed like a fluke goal, although it was curled in very nicely....I think the North Koreans were just very unlucky there. Otherwise their defense was very tight and they had some great speed on their counter attacks. I guess I can't really hold a grudge against the team anymore. Although the North Koreans lost i think it was much better for them to lose by 2-1 rather than 2-0 or 1-0 -- the jubilation on the face of the North Korean player who scored the goal and his coach/teammates seemed to be quite a bit stronger and more geniune than what I often see from other teams/players at the World Cup, especially for a consolation goal (although calling it that might be unfairly discounting them again...).
    Last edited by Gainsbarre; 06-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Originally posted by Gainsbarre
    Bah...the North Koreans played a good game and they seemed very respectful of the Brazilians, and took NO DIVES in their game (and least I didn't notice any) -- obviously can't say the same of some players I saw in an earlier game today *cough*RONALDO*cough*.

The opening goal from Maicon seemed like a fluke goal, although it was curled in very nicely....I think the North Koreans were just very unlucky there. Otherwise their defense was very tight and they had some great speed on their counter attacks. I guess I can't really hold a grudge against the team anymore. Although the North Koreans lost i think it was much better for them to lose by 2-1 rather than 2-0 or 1-0 -- the jubilation on the face of the North Korean player who scored the goal and his coach/teammates seemed to be quite a bit stronger and more geniune than what I often see from other teams/players at the World Cup, especially for a consolation goal (although calling it that might be unfairly discounting them again...).
    We were watching the same game, same opinion. Props to the NK players, wish the same could be said for some of the other teams, fuck all the other teams. Diving sucks in footie. Just how many of the NK players find their way back home we shall see, agents are lining up as I type.

Anyone noticed the "X" marks on the pitch under each player? Bad lighting causes an "X" shadow and it looks like a video game on my Hi-Def TV. Was distracting at first, along with the bee sound. Now all blends in to white noise.

22 "X" marks running around the pitch.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by HondaKid

We were watching the same game, same opinion. Props to the NK players, wish the same could be said for some of the other teams, fuck all the other teams. Diving sucks in footie. Just how many of the NK players find their way back home we shall see, agents are lining up as I type.
    I agree -- I don't like their politics, but I have a great deal of respect for the North Korean team now...their play in the game today was some of the classiest I've ever seen. I actually hope they make it to the second round now (and maybe take Portugal's place). Nothing personally offensive to anyone, but I've had little respect for the Portuguese national team since I watched their game against South Korea at the 2002 world cup -- full of dirty tackles with two Portuguese players sent off, including a very well deserved straight red for Joad Pinto when he made a tackle from behind that could have easily broken a players ankle/leg when he was nowhere near the ball. Then Euro 2004 with the player that broke Rooney's foot (forgot the player), then that filthy game at WC 2006 with the Netherlands when both sides (imo) behaved like animals, topped off with Luis Figo's intentional headbutt to Kuyt's face during a stoppage in play, for which Figo was NOT sent off, followed by Scolari's defense of Figo's actions after the game (something about how even a "saint" like Figo has his limits)...give me a fucking break. Then Ronaldo's acting to get Rooney sent off in the quarterfinals, and now with Ronaldo's diving in today's game. Ya...definitely not a fan of the Portuguese national football side.

This is kinda funny.

OMG Cat watches Robert Green's fumble vs USA World Cup 2010

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Can't wait to see Spain play their first game tomorrow...that and south africa plays it second! Hoping for a good'er!

The bagpipe of Africa.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Great game so far. Lots of action.

My Ride
    TL

Chile is a cut above Honduras. I wasn't able to sleep most of the night and have been up since 4am. Just nerves for Chile's opening game.

I just love watching these guys play. As soon as they get the ball back, its warp speed to the goal.

Yeah, Chile is playing really good so far. Good game. Waiting for Spain and the Swiss.

My Ride

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    Yeah, Chile is playing really good so far. Good game. Waiting for Spain and the Swiss.
    Swiss could pull off an upset, but I think Spain is just to damn good. Other then Germany, Spain is on my list to win it this year.

I think the South Africa/Uruguay game is going to be so good to watch. Uruguay is only a bit better and South Africa has shown they can hold their own. Going to the Unicorn at lunch to watch the game.

My Ride
    //M

Wow they showed a total babe in the stands of this Chile game multiple times
    who is she?!!?
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    TL

Ponce fucked up bad. He is lucky he is a defender, otherwise he might start going up (down?) to the level of Heskey.

Felt like a complete domination and maybe a 3-0 or even a 4-0 score felt more appropriate. I am concerned with the last 15 minutes and their conditioning.

Haha.. It's been almost 10min and the swiss team hasn't touch the ball that much yet. They are just standing around.. If this keeps up, this could turn ugly for the swiss...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I'm not entirely sure why everyone is giving North Korea so much praise. Is it because the score wasn't 10 - 0? It was obvious that Brazil is a substantially better team...look at the passing, possession time, shots on goal. While I'll give them 'props' for qualify (WTF Canada seriously), that's about as much praise as they're going to get. For much of the game, NK was floundering and being entirely reactive.

As for Brasil, their fouled 'performances' are the #1 reason why I will never cheer for them. Shit like that, and so obvious too, needs to be harshly penalized. It is smearing dung all over the sport and quite frankly, pussifying the sport to the point where diving is acceptable. Honest fouling needs to be restored. Brasil is an obviously talented team and their offensive strength shines the brightest out of so many of the teams, anyone denying that would be a fool. But I will never respect their 'style' of play.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Oz-
    Ponce fucked up bad. He is lucky he is a defender, otherwise he might start going up (down?) to the level of Heskey.

Felt like a complete domination and maybe a 3-0 or even a 4-0 score felt more appropriate. I am concerned with the last 15 minutes and their conditioning.
    Never had a doubt in my mind. Chile's ball possession was amazing and Sanchez with his speed and foot work. To bad he didn't get a goal. Where was SUAZO today?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am sorry if this has already been asked, and I am trying to watch soccer and be a fan, but it is so damn boring.

what is the magical fairy dust spray the trainers are using when a player is flopping around? What ever it is, it sure heals the player fast and gets them running around again.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikers
    I am sorry if this has already been asked, and I am trying to watch soccer and be a fan, but it is so damn boring.

what is the magical fairy dust spray the trainers are using when a player is flopping around? What ever it is, it sure heals the player fast and gets them running around again.
    It's like Deep Cold Ice Spray that you can buy at any store. It gives pain relief to your muscles and joints caused by injury.

My Ride

Originally posted by spikers

I have to admit that some games can be a bit boring, but most to me are exciting. My fiance gives me shit all the time for yelling to much. Maybe its because I grew up with the sport and understand what good talent is all about. The only thing I dont understand is how people can say hockey is so much more exciting, yet most games are only 1-1 or 2-1. Sure ya they hit a bit, but come on the hockey players only play a few min per period compared to soccer where they play for 45 min with no breaks. Hockey also stops for TV ad's which soccer doesent. I dunno, maybe its just Canada and people not understanding world sports. The other thing is that the world cup is every 4 years and is a true world sport. You get countries from every hot or cold place in the world. Racism is also a huge factor. Not that it changes the game, but to watch all races in the world play with each other is a huge thing. We just dont notice it as much because we live in Canada where racism isnt a huge issue.

Ok im done talking my head off.

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast