Quantcast
Official World Cup 2010 South Africa Thread - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup 2010 South Africa Thread

Originally posted by spikers
    what is the magical fairy dust spray the trainers are using when a player is flopping around? What ever it is, it sure heals the player fast and gets them running around again.
    Most likely ethyl chloride. Used to cool down and numb the area quickly but in all honesty this is mainly used to cover up a fake injury and waste time.

HAHAHA and Spain is the favorite in this group.

My Ride
    //M

wowwwwwwwww Spain losing?!?!?!
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

i don't know, like I said, I am trying to watch it and understand it, but am having a very hard time of it.

I probably just need to try watching it with a group of other fans and try and pick up the nuances of what makes it exciting. But as of right now, I am struggling to not change the channel.

And the horns are driving me crazy, it sounds like the drone of a bees nest with no breaks.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by 911fever
    wowwwwwwwww Spain losing?!?!?!

I decided to go to work this morning instead of watching this game because I thought spain would dominate. woke up at 5 am to watch Chile game. Shoulda missed that one and watch this one. God damn fricken grrrrrrr...

Can't believe the Swiss Scored with less than 40% of possession

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

WOW! ...anybody watching this craziness brewing haha?!?!

1-0 Swiss, and in the last 5 alonso driling it off the post...then swiss putting it off the post as well (which would have been 2-0 swiss!!!)

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by toyboy88
    WOW! ...anybody watching this craziness brewing haha?!?!

1-0 Swiss, and in the last 5 alonso driling it off the post...then swiss putting it off the post as well (which would have been 2-0 swiss!!!)

GO TO HELL!!!!!!

Fricken shoulda stayed home. Watch my luck the South Africa game will be boring. grrrrrr

That is amazing...anything can happen in the world cup.

Fu@k.... Got called into the office this morning.. Just found out the score.. Wow...

Sometimes when you win like 18 games in a row your odds of loosing becomes GOOD.. Good on the Swiss... Awesome...

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

fuck this.

My Ride
    G6

AHHH!!! What's the point of even putting Torres on if he can't score off even one of the great set ups Villa gave him!! I thought when they put him on, "nice, Swiss about to get slaughtered." Instead... Well let's just say... Embarassing Spanish performance!

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Feruk
    AHHH!!! What's the point of even putting Torres on if he can't score off even one of the great set ups Villa gave him!! I thought when they put him on, "nice, Swiss about to get slaughtered." Instead... Well let's just say... Embarassing Spanish performance!
    Torres has been sidelined with injury for the last few months and has been used sparingly as a sub, even in friendly games for Spain. His lack of playing time definetely showed today as his touch wasn't quite there, although he was making good runs. Besides a couple of nice through balls, I thought service to the spanish strikers was poor. Spain predictably kept possession, but lacked that killer pass into the penalty area. I thought their crosses were especially bad... lack of height and accuracy, kicked right into a swiss defender.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Torres has been sidelined with injury for the last few months and has been used sparingly as a sub, even in friendly games for Spain. His lack of playing time definetely showed today as his touch wasn't quite there, although he was making good runs. Besides a couple of nice through balls, I thought service to the spanish strikers was poor. Spain predictably kept possession, but lacked that killer pass into the penalty area. I thought their crosses were especially bad... lack of height and accuracy, kicked right into a swiss defender.
    Lack of height for Spain was readily apparently on all the corner balls from Xavi. But I suppose how he took the corners made some sense, as Spaniards are some of the shortest people in the world, whereas some central Europeans can be quite tall (such as the Swiss team).

Thought for sure that Spain (finally) turned the corner by winning Euro 2008 from being perennial underachievers in major tournaments to actually living up to their potential. Their next game should (?) be an easy win against Honduras?

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Lack of height for Spain was readily apparently on all the corner balls from Xavi. But I suppose how he took the corners made some sense, as Spaniards are some of the shortest people in the world, whereas some central Europeans can be quite tall (such as the Swiss team).

Thought for sure that Spain (finally) turned the corner by winning Euro 2008 from being perennial underachievers in major tournaments to actually living up to their potential. Their next game should (?) be an easy win against Honduras?
    They still have 2 games to try and qualify. But for as long as I can remember, Spain always looked pretty but was never able to win anything (until Euro 2008). Maybe it will be Chile and the Swiss coming out of this group?

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

surprising for spain. We will see if they can win 2 straight to qualify.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Spain's next game puts them in a must-win situation. Hopefully that will wake them up.

My Ride
    impreza

Red card to South Africa's goalie.

Wowow

Originally posted by mac_82

Wowow
    What happened? And when you get a red card, does that player leave, or is it the actual position that's kicked out? As in they now have to play goalie-less.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by mac_82

Wowow
    I don't fully understand that red card at all, although I was watching with the sound off, so I couldn't hear the commentary. It barely looked to be a foul, but the referee must have view it as a professional foul (denying Uruguay a clear goal scoring opportunity) to go for the straight red -- Uruguay was certainly threatning there, but it was far from a sure goal. And I don't agree with that even being considered a foul in the first place (keeper was going for the ball). Very questionable decision imo.

The penalty taken was nice though...the guy who converted it clearly has been practicing them.

EDIT: the red carded player has to leave, which almost always forces a substitution to bring a backup goalkeeper onto the pitch (as was the case here for South Africa), UNLESS all substitutions have been used up, in which case, a player from another position will likely change shirts and put on some goalkeeper gear to take over the goal position (as was the case in the Turkey/Czech republic game at Euro 2008 when the Turkish keeper shoved Jan Koller during a stoppage in play to get himself red carded in the 90th minute after Turkey had used all three of its substitutions)
    Last edited by Gainsbarre; 06-16-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast