Quantcast
iPhone Cases? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: iPhone Cases?

My Ride
    This and that.

Default iPhone Cases?

Just wondering what kind of cases does everyone use to protect their iPhones?

For the longest time I had no case at all, not even a screen protector until last week I saw my cousin drop his phone and smash the screen into million pieces. So tonight I went ahead and ordered one of those EXOvault cases. They are a bit pricey and different, but I kinda like the look of them as well, along with the protection they would provide.

Anyone else has one of these here? What do you guys think of them?

Here's a link to the case I am talking about

http://www.exovault.com/

i use the incase slider ones.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I use the Otterbox defender. This thing is pretty rugged to the point I WANT to try and run it over with my truck. It is a 3 piece case. hard plasitc clamshell that snaps together and has built in screen protector and dust covers, then has a rubber casing to go over everything.

Being the cheap bastard I am, I went to Chinook Mall and checked all over for them. The TELUS store at the bottom of the escelators had the cheapest price of $57.50 after GST. Bell was $59.99 before taxes, wireless wave was $79.99, and there was a few more.

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases...defender-case/

makes it feel like a tank though, but can't beat the level of protection.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I've got the iskin solo on mine, and I just ordered a solar arcadia for my wifes.

http://www.solararcadia.com/surge-for-iphone-p-2.html

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by trieuth
    i use the incase slider ones.
    This. I used one, my girl used one and every person i know that has an iphone i try to convince to get one. They are THAT good.

The slider with a power support anti glare screen protector is the best combo you can get. Great protection and doesnt add bulk.

That case you baught is

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/289320/fs...nd-very-cheap/

I bought two of these and love them. Still slide into your pocket easily, and protects your phone from *most* accidents.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

AND 10 of these...I like the matte, it doesn't show finger prints nearly as much. I just wipe it off with a micro fibre cloth every couple of days and I am good to go.
    Last edited by syeve; 04-16-2010 at 09:15 AM.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

+1 for the incase slider.

Hate anything silicon/rubber now, as it attracts dust like no other and 'sticks' to fabric (ie when pulling out of jean pockets).

I'm using the Zagg Invisible Shield and its awesome. It keeps your phone's slim profile and shows off the good looking phone. Its scratch proof, and doesn't accumulate fingerprints or anything. Its easy to wash if you need to as well. It has zero impact protection though, so if you are typically careless with your cellphones you may want another type of protection.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I use a super high quality clear hard plastic case from XS Cargo, cost like $5 but works well, I have bought maybe 5 cases since I got my iphone and I have hated them all. This ones ok and offers decent amount of protection.

http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/im...e-8263042.jpeg

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I'm using the Zagg Invisible Shield and its awesome. It keeps your phone's slim profile and shows off the good looking phone. Its scratch proof, and doesn't accumulate fingerprints or anything. Its easy to wash if you need to as well. It has zero impact protection though, so if you are typically careless with your cellphones you may want another type of protection.
    The thing I hated about the invisible shields are how the edges start accumulating dust after a while. Makes the phone to look like shit. But for the first bit they are amazing

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

I use the incase slider, I find it to be the best case. That one you posted OP looks soo bulky

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

I have two cases from:

http://www.switcheasy.com/

great stuff, really good protection

I had one of those bulky rubber ones it took a beating, but attracted so much dust

I wouldn't mind trying that incase slider or the otterbox one

The speck candyshell has been great to me so far. Soft silicone inside so it doesn't scratch the phone itself and a hard plastic outside to protect the phone.

My Ride
    This and that.

Hmm wow I didn't even know there were that many different kinds of cases out there. I understand the one I ordered isn't for everyone. However I like it. The fact that it's fairly different from most of the one's out there. Every order is custom hand made and they are all aluminium. I ordered the black one.

http://c0588462.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...num-iphone.jpg

Only thing I am worried about is, it affecting the signal strength of the phone. But I looked at couple of videos on youtube and they said it wasn't really a big concern.

And now they even make those for the Nexus 1.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Just fyi Apple stopped production of the aluminum back case iPhones alone with switching over to acrylic screens as opposed to glass, due to reception issues.
    As a result there was a 40%ish iirc increase in signal strength for wifi and cell signals.
    Those Exovaults cases take the phone back to its 2g days.
    While in my opinion 2G phones are built far...Far better then the current 3G, units the signal gain almost justifies it.
    The neoprene/ pastic, hard vinyl cases are your best bang for the buck

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I read that too somewhere. I guess we'll see how it affects it, although the couple of reviews that I read didn't seem to make a big deal out of it. Example if they were getting 5 bars at some place before using the case, they were still getting the same.