Quantcast
Official Kijiji Funnies Thread - Page 65 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2130

Thread: Official Kijiji Funnies Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My filter for kijiji transactions is that if anyone is tough to deal with, or evasive at the beginning, they are unlikely to become more forthright later. hard pass on anyone like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Haha what the fuck? With the amount of Kijiji ranting you've done before, that surprises me... but at the same time it doesn't. I look forward to you drawing your single negative experience as the norm for all Kijiji transations in your future rants
    Two reasons, which I have mentioned several times before so I'm not sure how you missed it but 1) I almost always buy new because I am too anal about my stuff. 2) I always assume people are trying to screw me over on Kijiji, because they usually are (and likely in this instance as well).

You're telling me that reasonable people, coherent sentences and reading comprehension are the norm on Kijiji? I have a very hard time believing you actually think that. As a frequent seller I can count on one hand the amount of times I have experienced that. Women are by far the best to deal with in my experience - they typically write coherently and actually show up.

I think the fact that he explicitly dodges your direct questions like that should tell you all you need to know about the video card haha
    Well yeah, that is obvious. I just thought the interaction was funny, hence why I posted it here. He would probably pull an overclocked card out of his mining rig and hand it to me haha.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    You're telling me that reasonable people, coherent sentences and reading comprehension are the norm on Kijiji? I have a very hard time believing you actually think that.
    No, I'm telling you that you always assume the worse in people and you sell that as how everyone functions, ie:

2) I always assume people are trying to screw me over on Kijiji, because they usually are (and likely in this instance as well).
    But since you asked, I wouldn't go as far as saying coherent sentences and reading comprehension are the norm because guess what, not everyone comes from the same background as you. I've dealt with lots of pleasant and reasonable people, both as a seller and buyer, who aren't originally from this country or have an educated upbringing.

No, I'm telling you that you always assume the worse in people and you sell that as how everyone functions, ie:

But since you asked, I wouldn't go as far as saying coherent sentences and reading comprehension are the norm because guess what, not everyone comes from the same background as you. I've dealt with lots of pleasant and reasonable people, both as a seller and buyer, who aren't originally from this country or have an educated upbringing.
    I don't always assume the worst in people, I have no idea where you're getting that from - it is very much the opposite in fact, as I have been burned many times before because of it. Specifically on Kijiji, I think it's important to have your guard up because the fact of the matter is there is a lot of scamming going on and stolen product being sold on there.

None of this has anything at all to do with people from different backgrounds and I have never said anything that suggests that. You're way off base there. Fact of the matter is that I have one way of communicating with people who do not give me their address or phone number - that is email. If they are unable to answer my questions via the only method of communication they are willing to engage in, yeah that's frustrating sometimes but more often than not it's funny, hence why I posted it here.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I don't know what the fuck is going on with this. It says it's a SEMA build, and there's pictures of it there on Instagram, so I guess it's true. But when you have people like Ringbrothers building cars for SEMA, I would never have thought that an Edmonton car dealership would also get the call to build a vehicle.

But aside from that, I have no idea what's going on with the price. MSRP on this truck is probably around $105,000, give or take $5000. All the mods here are bolt on - there's no fab work, which makes sense because they're a car dealership and not a custom shop. So $90,000 worth of bolt ons? Does that make sense to anyone?

Name:  $_59.JPG
Views: 576
Size:  125.9 KB

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...-ta/1470812638

At least it doesn't look gaudy as fuck and at least the economy hasn't had its foot on the throat of potential buyers for the last five years in this province. So it should sell pretty easily for their asking price.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

SEMA is not a particularly exclusive show. You have the "best of the best", but a lot of "the rest" as well. Being a "SEMA build" isn't actually that impressive, as it means it was likely built on a tight deadline with fashion emphasised over function.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    I don't know what the fuck is going on with this. It says it's a SEMA build, and there's pictures of it there on Instagram, so I guess it's true. But when you have people like Ringbrothers building cars for SEMA, I would never have thought that an Edmonton car dealership would also get the call to build a vehicle.

But aside from that, I have no idea what's going on with the price. MSRP on this truck is probably around $105,000, give or take $5000. All the mods here are bolt on - there's no fab work, which makes sense because they're a car dealership and not a custom shop. So $90,000 worth of bolt ons? Does that make sense to anyone?

Name:  $_59.JPG
Views: 576
Size:  125.9 KB

At least it doesn't look gaudy as fuck and at least the economy hasn't had its foot on the throat of potential buyers for the last five years in this province. So it should sell pretty easily for their asking price.
    Straight lols. I bet it drives like ass and would be a disaster towing as well.

My Ride
    V8s

Audi RS6 Clone

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ged/1472045580

For kicks, I sent a message to ask how he got it to 450hp. You guessed it, answer was "Stage 1 cold intake".

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Audi RS6 Clone

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ged/1472045580

For kicks, I sent a message to ask how he got it to 450hp. You guessed it, answer was "Stage 1 cold intake".
    "SERIOUS INJURIES ONLY" says the ad.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post

Fucking train horn adds at least $50k

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    "SERIOUS INJURIES ONLY" says the ad.
    hahaha amazing

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    fucking train horn adds at least 50 hp
    ftfy

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Fucking train horn adds at least $50k
    Well of course.

The other thing is, at least some of that shit had to be sponsored. SEMA isn't a car show, it's to show off parts. So it's $90,000 worth of bolt ons, some of which were supplied at a reduced cost or free. The balls of asking $199,000 for fucking bolt ons is keeping me awake at night.

There probably was a point in my life where I would have thought thought that's a real nice truck. I know for a minute or two I really wanted train horns. I'm glad all that has passed.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Silverado

Name:  20191227_195920.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  20.2 KB

I don't think that particular guy is trying to scam anyone, but the box scam is rampant on eBay - it will say in the fineprint that it is the box only and the item itself isn't included, and they end up selling very expensive boxes to people who don't read the full ad.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by BCS
    Sure, I can do x:xx. What's your address?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seller
    Text me when you ACTUALLY on way I will send you right away
    Text me around 5pm Usually I m outside But I will make sure When u text me fr address I m at home that time Thx..
    Quote Originally Posted by BCS
    Can do, what's your phone number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seller
    Sorry My friend I dont share number

....sigh.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I don't think that particular guy is trying to scam anyone, but the box scam is rampant on eBay - it will say in the fineprint that it is the box only and the item itself isn't included, and they end up selling very expensive boxes to people who don't read the full ad.
    I think you missed why the ad is a funny lol who the hell sells a box, if someone needs one, be a good person and just give it to them, there's a line between being really needing money and just being a cheap fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    I think you missed why the ad is a funny lol who the hell sells a box, if someone needs one, be a good person and just give it to them, there's a line between really needing money and just being a cheap fuck.
    I must have then yeah - all I am getting from it is a guy selling an empty box which isn't that uncommon.

My Ride
    Silverado

ya I was making fun of him for selling the box considering google gave away a free home mini to anyone with a google account. You can practically find a BNIB device for $10 right now.

Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 75 ... LastLast