Quantcast
2011 WRX STi Spec C Sedan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 WRX STi Spec C Sedan

My Ride
    EP3

Default 2011 WRX STi Spec C Sedan

The sedan looks good in white!

The new 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI sedan was officially revealed at the New York Auto Show earlier this month, but our spy photographers have captured the Japanese maker's big-winged saloon testing at the Nurburgring.

At a first glance, it appears that the car is nothing more than the European specification version of the high-performance sedan.

However, a closer look reveals small but important differences clearly suggesting that the STI seen here may very well be a prototype for a limited edition Spec C model.

These include the blacked out alloy wheels, gold colored brake calipers (quite possibly "brembo"), fog lamp covers and the front lip spoiler, all of which were not shown on the New York Show car but are standout features on the JDM Impreza STI Spec C hatchback (see here)

If Subaru follows the same recipe with the five-door Spec C, then the sedan variant should also boast other performance upgrades including a tweaked engine with a recalibrated ECU, revised suspension and steering systems, beefier tires and a different limited slip differential along with a lightweight aluminum hood, laminar window glasses and a downsized battery.

Source & gallery via carscoop

My Ride
    Honda

Wagon/hatchback style is lame ....

Long live STI sedan!

My Ride
    2014 FR-S

My Ride
    19 GLI

Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
    Wagon/hatchback style is lame ....

Long live STI sedan!
    Yeah i guess not everyone has as good of taste cars as you and your Honda.

What was I thinking by buying such a LAME car as my widebody 305HP awd hatch. I should have bought a Honda

My Ride
    FJC, S30

long live the Spec C
    Submaker.Illest.

they killed it...

My Ride
    12' Civic, 88' Prelude, 02' F350

This thing looks much better than the hatchback! woooooo!

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by calgary350z

Yeah i guess not everyone has as good of taste cars as you and your Honda.

What was I thinking by buying such a LAME car as my widebody 305HP awd hatch. I should have bought a Honda
    Haha someones getting a bit defensive about their car

I agree! hatch is meh! I wanted a wrx 265 so this might be my future car! Long live STI Sedan!
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Looks great! It'll probably never make it over here though...
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    19 GLI

Originally posted by 403ep3

Haha someones getting a bit defensive about their car

I agree! hatch is meh! I wanted a wrx 265 so this might be my future car! Long live STI Sedan!
    Not really I just find it an odd comment coming from someone that drives a Honda and yourself who drives a car that has the styling equivalent of a jellybean with wheels.

If that would have come from a Jag owner or something else with some nicer styling cues i wouldnt have even made a comment.

I like both the new Sedan and hatch but to call the GR hatch lame is pretty harsh.

Just my two cents

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Not really I just find it an odd comment coming from someone that drives a Honda and yourself who drives a car that has the styling equivalent of a jellybean with wheels.

If that would have come from a Jag owner or something else with some nicer styling cues i wouldnt have even made a comment.

I like both the new Sedan and hatch but to call the GR hatch lame is pretty harsh.

Just my two cents
    Sounds like you are butt hurt. The sedan looks so much better than the hatch, but there is something about front bumper that bothers me

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

IMO the hatch looks better. The sedan proportions just don't look smooth or cohesive. It looks like the product of a group of ricers that were given an Impreza sedan, a body kit parts shop and told to go wild. It doesn't help that the car is based off of one of the most generic and boring looking sedans on the market.

My Ride
    MK7 Oryx White R, 79 Austin Mini Cooper

^ what he said.

My Ride
    19 GLI

If given the choice between the STI sedan and Evo X I would take the Evo X everytime.

My Ride
    19 GLI

not to mention that after buying my GR hatch finding out that I pretty much needed an accessport to ensure that my factory tune didnt blow my engine. I like my car alot but it far from perfect so no the honda boys comments didnt hurt my feelings.

Just my two cents
    gear down there big rig, its just an opinion. even 403ep3 said hatchbacks are lame, and he drives one. i see hatchbacks as nothing more then grocery getters. STI hatchbacks are for the women so they can get the grocerys faster, Evo's are for the men who actually like an awd car that can perform and outlast. (minus the new ones, not a fan)

sedan>hatchback

My Ride
    2014 FR-S

Just my two cents
    i think the STI hatch is pretty sick too but at the same time, everyone is entitled to an opinion. so its harsh that he's hating on your ride but its cool that you can hate on his?

My Ride
    bimmer,benz, or bentley

Originally posted by heavyD
    IMO the hatch looks better. The sedan proportions just don't look smooth or cohesive. It looks like the product of a group of ricers that were given an Impreza sedan, a body kit parts shop and told to go wild. It doesn't help that the car is based off of one of the most generic and boring looking sedans on the market.
    Every post about Subaru you have to shit on it. I think we get it by now your Evo X is the best car...

My Ride
    19 GLI

Originally posted by rampagesauce

gear down there big rig, its just an opinion. even 403ep3 said hatchbacks are lame, and he drives one. i see hatchbacks as nothing more then grocery getters. STI hatchbacks are for the women so they can get the grocerys faster, Evo's are for the men who actually like an awd car that can perform and outlast. (minus the new ones, not a fan)

sedan>hatchback
    women eh, I dont know why I even bother coming on this site anymore. I guess I should go on some Porsche forums and tell them how lame the new Panamerica is and how great the 911 is. Oh wait I drive a Subaru and that would be fucking completly ridicuolous and pointless. Get a life moron

My Ride
    Stuff

I'm in the minority but I'd take the STi hatchback over the Evo X and this STi sedan. I love the looks of the hatchback.
    I like cars.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast