Quantcast
Post your motorcycle - Page 39 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your motorcycle

Bought an 2006 S2R1000 with 35,000 kms, what was I thinking, I know...

I knew the owner and full service history. He used it for two trips to Laguna and back and also rode it daily. Then I put about 10,000 on before selling it so it had around 45,000kms at that point, surprised I was able to sell it.

However, the only issues I ran into were, worn out clutch plates, typical maintenance, easy to replace, and leaky exhaust gaskets.

There are more lemons when it comes to buying a used Ducati, but solid maintenance will prevent most major issues.

Those maintenance concerns unfortunately have follow Ducati into their new lineup, which are 10x more reliable than the older models, esp. the dreaded "valve adjustment".

Miss that bike

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Couldn't resist the awesome price and wicked looks of it. Got it yesterday. Needs some minor work like putting signals on at the back and rear view mirrors before I can ride it though. Have to find a ship here in Edmonton to do it.
    Hey, you did it! Congrats!

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Hey, you did it! Congrats!

Thanks man, I decided to stay in Edmonton so it was easier for the guy to bring it here. I do need to get it looked at as the brake squeals a lot plus like I said need to have the signals installed. Looking online to order rear view mirrors too.

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

Originally posted by MR2-3SGTE
    ^
    Looks awesome! Where were those pics taken?
    First pic is out on a range road off of Hwy 1A. Bit of a twisty road by the sign that says Treetops Pet Resort.

Second pic is Hwy 3 near Fernie. Picked up the bike on a wednesday and went out for a ride on the Friday... ended up in Fernie.
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

2011 HD 48

My Ride
    This and that.

Fawk! Seriously? You sell your other one? That is a sick bike and what I really wanted!

What did you end up spending on it? PM if needed. Congrats man!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Fawk! Seriously? You sell your other one? That is a sick bike and what I really wanted!
    No, still keeping the other one. I'll ride it out for the rest of the season and decide what I want to do with it after.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    2011 HD 48

Nice work!

My Ride
    V8s

I sold my last bike in Sept 2014, this thread is depressing me.

I might have to ensure my old XT225 just so I can get out and ride something haha.

My Ride
    MR2

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Here's my 2016 FZ-07 in Matte Silver/Blue Combo

My Ride
    06 S2000

You posted that video already. And your other "quick walkaround" one twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    You posted that video already. And your other "quick walkaround" one twice.
    LOL I didn't post it here yet.

My bad if I did, I'm just still stoked about this bike. haha!

My Ride
    Stuff

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Your new-to-you bike died 2 blocks from home? Shitty dude. Was it bought from a dealer? Can you get it warrantied?

#italianbikethings
    I bought it from Argyll in Edmonton, it was exactly what I wanted, haha. I called them as soon as it happened and told them about it, then hauled it back to them the next day. They offered to repair it on their dime or they would just buy it back and I could buy something different. I don't know if they legally had to do what they did but I was expecting a fight and they were actually really great to me.

I decided to buy a new bike with warranty, I looked at the BMW HP4, the 1299 and the R1M. I had told my wife I was going to buy a new R1 as I loved my 2004 and 2007 R1's. When I got to the dealership though I just couldn't get over the looks of the new R1, it's just not for me. I was really thinking about the BMW, it seems like a nice bike but again a lot of what I want in a bike is something beautiful that sounds great. I was going to buy the 1299, my wife was on board but I don't need that much bike. I ended up buying a white/red 959. I wanted a red one but they had this in stock and I didn't mind the white. I'll probably change the wheels to black or gold.

This is actually my third Ducati now as I owned a 996 about 10 years ago. This 959 has about the same headlight quality as that bike, haha. Glutton for punishment.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by firebane

LOL did you not see all the stupid shit snowcat had go wrong with his Ducati? it was down and broken more often than not.
    I did, the 821 engine scares me.

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

Damn Thats rough to hear. Were in the same boat because that was my dream bike too and i bought one 2 years ago. If it makes any difference once you get her up and running she will produce some amazing sounds and with an open dry clutch cover the clank of it makes it all worth it imo. Are you taking it to Sport cycle for the repair? Heres mine at SC pre purchase inspection
    Ya I wish I could have kept and enjoyed it, but now I'm just too scared to own one. I will probably buy another one in a couple years but as a second or third bike. To me it's one of the best looking bikes ever built.

Originally posted by adamc
    Welcome to Ducati ownership, enjoy your expensive stay.
    Haha, ya they are definitely Italian.

Originally posted by Shlade
    I LOVE ducatis so much. I want a frost white 899 panigale so badly but the issue with any used Ducati is proof of maintenance that's been done. Most people buy them and can't afford to maintain them.

Just make sure you have AMA when you own one lol
    Haha, I may just buy an R1 to daily drive and keep this in the garage to look at.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Of all the people I know who have or had Ducati's, the only guy without a history of issues is the guy who rides like 500km a year.

I still want a Diavel though.
    I've got 1000km on my 959 so far, hopefully it isn't a pain, two year warranty makes me feel better about it.

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

Exactly, ask any seller of a duc if he has records and ill bet most say no but their best friend is a master duc tech and he does all the work lol

And i managed to put a little over 2000kms on the tricolore with no issues but she had all the records at sport cycle.

Ducs whether new or used can be huge piles of shit but when you're on one your shit definitely doesnt stink as much
    Ya, I still love Ducati.

Originally posted by zaider
    Loving mine so far. Just picked it up a month ago.

2014 Multistrada 1200 S.

Came with the full service history.
    I've owned a couple bikes and I keep buying Ducati's so there must be something to it.

Originally posted by oster

There are more lemons when it comes to buying a used Ducati, but solid maintenance will prevent most major issues.

Those maintenance concerns unfortunately have follow Ducati into their new lineup, which are 10x more reliable than the older models, esp. the dreaded "valve adjustment".

Miss that bike
    I already have the 1000 km service due on this bike, I figure if I just keep up on it I'm good. If it starts falling apart I'll lemon law the bike and go get a Yamaha.
    I like cars.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

lemon law doesnt exist in canada

My Ride
    changes every year

Couldn't resist the awesome price and wicked looks of it. Got it yesterday. Needs some minor work like putting signals on at the back and rear view mirrors before I can ride it though. Have to find a ship here in Edmonton to do it.

That doesn't look very comfortable. How is it? When are you selling it lol

My Ride
    06 S2000

Nice call on the 959. Can't wait to see pics.

Personally I'd have a hard time choose between the 899, the S1000RR or the CBR1000RR SP for my next bike (on the sport bike side).

I also wouldn't mind a 690 Enduro or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Originally posted by Cody D

I bought it from Argyll in Edmonton, it was exactly what I wanted, haha. I called them as soon as it happened and told them about it, then hauled it back to them the next day. They offered to repair it on their dime or they would just buy it back and I could buy something different. I don't know if they legally had to do what they did but I was expecting a fight and they were actually really great to me.
    Its sad to say that this is beyond amazing what they did because to me service like this should be the norm when it comes to dealers. If i ever bought new i would make the 3 hour trip because of your experience. Good job Argyll!

We have identical tastes in bikes lol I had an 04 R1, 08 R1, 09 R1 and im not in love with the looks of the 15 R1 either. I also really wanted the S1kRR over winter but even fully piped it sounded very meh, i know the s1k is top dog but im like you and need the looks and sound. I ended up getting a white 1199 a couple months ago. Whites the best color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

That doesn't look very comfortable. How is it? When are you selling it lol
    It's actually really comfortable. I haven't ridden it much yet but from what I did it wasn't bad at all. I am taking it in for a full overhaul service next week and ordered some new parts. If you're in Edmonton feel free to try it out if you're curious. As for selling it if I get what I paid for it I would consider selling it even now. Haha. But not cause I don't like it, I love the looks of it but because of family/wife throwing a fit after I got it. Haha.

It's actually really comfortable. I haven't ridden it much yet but from what I did it wasn't bad at all.
    Is that even a fair statement to make lol how can you say the bike is comfortable if you haven't really ridden it? The hard tail and shovel head for a seat leads me to believe this would be hell on anything more than a starbucks run My 1199 is comfortable for the first 30 minutes and after that the fun wears off pretty fast

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast