Quantcast
Cleveland CycleWerks? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cleveland CycleWerks?

Default Cleveland CycleWerks?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:09 PM.

They don't seem to be very good at spelling, hope their bikes are better.
    But given how they are Chinese bikes.....

Also keep in mind those things are very tiny, if you are taller than 5'3 you will make the bike look like a toy.
    Plus with 12hp they are about as useful as a scooter (only without the practical storage). And expect them to have all the usual problems that the rest of similar bikes from China have.
    Last edited by Mista Bob; 07-06-2014 at 11:49 AM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Yeah, Ive seen a few at Toys 4 Boys here in town, but couldn't justify dropping that kind of coin on a bike that can (barely, barely) do 120, and would have sketchy reliability as well. Also, Toys 4 boys is a shit dealership, and wouldn't even get them to do any work on it, should something go wrong, which.... it probably would.

So I asked if I could buy the complete bike, minus the engine, exhaust and all its required hardware, basically just an engineless frame, but alas the company wont do that.

Shame, as I wanted one of those as well, but with a CB450 engine that I'd install and retrofit myself.
    At least that way, Id have a cool little bobber, but one with power and reliability..... but Im not paying almost $4k for a bike, only to have to invest another $1k on an engine, then getting custom exhaust built for it and everything else.

You may want to check into another manufacturer that has their choppers buit in China, called Johnny pag. I wanted their "Barhog" bike, but its the exact same deal, no parts availability for it, and they wouldn't sell me the engineless frame... but with their recommended 500km oil changes, that really worries me about the quality of their engines to start with. Like 500km's? So Id have to change the oil twice in one day if I plan on going on a long ride? Um, no thanks.

You may want to check out an international sales site called Alibaba, www.alibaba.com and do a search for a "Bobber motorcycle" (etc). There are quite a few companies based in China that also make these types of bikes, one of the companies is called "Global strong motorcycle co". Search for them, they seem to be the best in terms of all these cheap chinese bikes.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-06-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:09 PM.

You could probably find a used Rebel 250 for cheaper than one of those.
    Sure it would require work to get what you want and you won't have a hardtail. But you would have a much cooler bike in the end if you ask me and without all the head aches of Chinese build quality.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruise...ationFlag=true
    For example

Also saw some newer Rebels still for less than the 3300USD price tag of "Tha Heist".

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:07 PM.

My Ride

^ Sure, you can snag new/used/different fenders on ebay for next to nothing, then at least youd have a good reliable bike that'll actually last you.

Cochrane motorsports would be a much better bet, it seems the goofs at Toys 4 boys dont have any idea wtf their doing, the disorganization and unfamiliarity of that shop blows my mind. Its like, the only thing those guys are capable of, is selling bikes and quads, beyond that? dont ask.

Another bike you can take a look at, would be a Yamaha Exciter 250, or I think Kawasaki even had their Vulcan's in a 250 as well, but they also have Vulcan 500's too.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-07-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Monster Golf Cart

I picked up a Cyclewerks Heist project on Marketplace a little while back for $300 bucks and they even included a brand new hitch carrier to haul it away

After a bit of wiring, a $6 buck ignition box, gas tank and some paint, she's become my new favorite toy to beat around on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZDBgUccRzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRr-5riIsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrlFgqAVKms

My Ride

For $300, thats fricking sweet! yeah, 100 is definitely a stretch on those things, but super cool looking and great for a little neighborhood run about.