Quantcast
Post your motorcycle - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your motorcycle

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    The only way you'll lose is when it comes to blackfoots service and parts I know theres always good and bad but i have horror stories from those guys you would have to think im straight bullshitting because its so bad.
    Really? Ive been dealing with Blackfoot since 1989, and have yet to have a single bad story. Ive had some issues with finding brake pads for this quad I used to have, but that was it.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

^it's true. I got better things to do than make up bs stories about a place. I've got copies of work orders for fix up work because the original jobs weren't done properly. Booked appt for warranty work, drop the bike off and 2-3 weeks later i come to find out the part that was supposed to be replaced wasnt even in yet. We all know Calgary has the shortest riding season in the world so 2-3 weeks of unnecessary down time in our 4-5 month season is pretty aggravating.

Now i cant say theyre all bad, they have a good parts/accessory guy(asian guy) but every time i get a quote on a part or mod its full retail plus a little it seems. PP 2ct's were $95 more than GW so i asked them if they could match it since my bike was serviced there and they couldn't.

Hopefully the new Pro am steps it up because with the amount of bikes in the city now we need some good shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

^ Yeah I had the same thing happen on tires for my cruiser... I picked them up at Bow Cycle for less then I could at Blackfoot, then had them install it at Blackfoot since I bought it from there but.......

I would have done it at Redline, but the service to replace both tires was on Blackfoots dollar so...
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Really? Ive been dealing with Blackfoot since 1989, and have yet to have a single bad story. Ive had some issues with finding brake pads for this quad I used to have, but that was it.
    I've never had good service at Blackfoot besides when I was in the Triumph section.

Parts is fucking useless, they'll sit and chat in a group of 4 and no one will acknowledge you for 10 minutes the they'll follow that up by not being able to find your part until you track down the part number for them and in the end they'll charge you 30% more then every other shop in the city.

Sales guys in the gear section are the worst. I was asking one of the guys to get a helmet down for me and he straight up asked "Are you sure? It costs $xxx". All of this while I was holding one of their top of the line AGV helmets and wearing one of their Dianese jackets. Do I really need to prove to some little shithead that I'm a serious shopper?

The worst experience with them though was when I was 18 or so I applied for financing for a bike, left a deposit, didn't get approved and when I went to get it back they charged me again (honest mistake, shit happens) but when I realized what happened getting them to correct the mistake was incredibly difficult and took way more time then it should have.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I'm going to be buying another bike next spring. I'm looking at all the options but I may have to use Blackfoot to get the one I want. Also Rocky Mountain Powersports.

Hows the sales dept. with them?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Yeah I had the same thing happen on tires for my cruiser... I picked them up at Bow Cycle for less then I could at Blackfoot, then had them install it at Blackfoot since I bought it from there but.......

I would have done it at Redline, but the service to replace both tires was on Blackfoots dollar so...
    This kinda makes me feel good because i was pretty choked when they couldn't match the price even though ive been with them for the last 3-4 years. You have to admit thats bullshit because you've been dealing with them since 1989 I could see the problem if we were trying to price match an online place but the places we bought from were literally a 20 min drive away.

Friends have used redline and nothing but good things to say! It's supposedly a smaller shop owned and ran by racers so that sounds like a win win

Whatcha getting 16hypen3sp?

My Ride
    14' 435i

This kinda makes me feel good because i was pretty choked when they couldn't match the price even though ive been with them for the last 3-4 years. You have to admit thats bullshit because you've been dealing with them since 1989 I could see the problem if we were trying to price match an online place but the places we bought from were literally a 20 min drive away.

Friends have used redline and nothing but good things to say! It's supposedly a smaller shop owned and ran by racers so that sounds like a win win

Bowcycle they even match online prices

plus you would get a discount if you were with Canada motorcycle

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Preowned Honda Fury most likely.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by Kona9
    Sold the Bobber. Put this together in the past year. 2002 Yamaha Roadstar. Raked and Bagged. (air)

Ya wow this thing is gorgeous

Added another CB to my collection! Found this pretty nice 74 CB750 in b.c. just starting a full oem restoration on it, right down to the frame.

09 Ford F150 Lariat / 01 Porsche 911 Turbo / 04 AP2 S2000 / 00 Jeep TJ Sahara / 67 VW Beetle / 71 Vespa / 05 Ducati 999r / 05 Honda RC51SP2 / 03 Ducati Monster 1000s / 74 Honda CB750 / 75 Honda CB750 / 96 Kawasaki ZX7RR N1 / 08 Ducati Monster S4RS TriColore

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Here's 'Project Hooptie', my 2006 CBR1000RR. I bought it as a used up beater last fall and went nuts on it. Replaced all the consumables, got some new auctmarts fairings after selling the old beat up OEM ones, brakes, suspension, tires, powdercoatings etc.. It's been an ever evolving labor of love, and it works awesome.

Just found some absolute unobtainium Marzocchi RAC50 world superbike spec forks for it, and some sick billet Brembo calipers. Bring on 2015!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevie88/ <-- more pics and progress shots.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Try again with the upload.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bought not built!

I love that bike Kev!! can't wait to see it with the new front end.
    09 Ford F150 Lariat / 01 Porsche 911 Turbo / 04 AP2 S2000 / 00 Jeep TJ Sahara / 67 VW Beetle / 71 Vespa / 05 Ducati 999r / 05 Honda RC51SP2 / 03 Ducati Monster 1000s / 74 Honda CB750 / 75 Honda CB750 / 96 Kawasaki ZX7RR N1 / 08 Ducati Monster S4RS TriColore

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by oasis
    Added another CB to my collection! Found this pretty nice 74 CB750 in b.c. just starting a full oem restoration on it, right down to the frame.

Nice bike!

My Ride
    del Sol

^^^That one is so nice, doesn't look like it needs restoring!^^^^^

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My first bike here, not the prettiest but I wanted to get something I wouldn't be afraid of dropping (and something I could bag on without guilt). When I get some experience I'll upgrade to something nicer.

2004 CBR600RR
    On Sabbatical

Just picked up a 1982 Honda Nighthawk 650. Not sure what to do with it yet, going to probably restore and add highway pegs

Just needed a top end, ended up doing a new piston and rings, crank seal bearings, carb rebuild, swingarm and linkage bearings, wheel bearings, front and rear shock rebuilds, tires.

Cant wait to get this thing running and get out for some rips brah

My Ride

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    Just picked up a 1982 Honda Nighthawk 650. Not sure what to do with it yet, going to probably restore and add highway pegs
    holy shit, let me know if you ever want to part with that. I ended up with that same bike (almost) when I was 12, raked out the front end, chrome slash cut pipes, spoke wheels, Harley sportster gas tank, damn I miss that thing.

It looked bad ass...

Bought it for $900, sold it 7 years later for $700 lol.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Sold my 2013 Ninja 300' last season.. and upgraded to an R6! Absolutely loving every minute of it.. although the rear shock has developed a leak. Have a new rear shock to put in tonight, hopefully the install isn't too much of a PITA...

IMG_7847 by Shpixx, on Flickr

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast