Quantcast
Post your motorcycle - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your motorcycle

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Originally posted by shakalaka

What model HD is that bike?

Whenver I am out of my crotch rocket phase, that is definitely the kind of bike I want to pick up.
    Its a HD nightrod special. Never really liked the chrome on regular vrods.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Picked up my new Renthal ultra low bars

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Cos

Called a V-Rod. Quite a famous HD model when it came out.
    I heard it was one of the worst models that ever came out. The sales manager at Kanes was telling me that he couldn't give them away for the first 2 years in Calgary.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Probably because it actually has a properly designed engine, that they had no part in designing....

It doesn't have a 1.3 liter engine that puts out an astronomical 42hp, and It doesn't burn oil since new and shake itself a part, so sure its not a true harley now is it?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Probably because it actually has a properly designed engine, that they had no part in designing....

It doesn't have a 1.3 liter engine that puts out an astronomical 42hp, and It doesn't burn oil since new and shake itself a part, so sure its not a true harley now is it?
    Haha, you have so much hate for the Harley, it's too funny.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    real dirty

Finally decided to take a pic

My Ride

Originally posted by ddduke

Haha, you have so much hate for the Harley, it's too funny.
    My hate runs well into my DNA, and probably well past that. IDK, my dad has his PHD in Mechanical engineering from the U of Sask, so when I take a look at a typical Harley, my brain wants to melt through my nose & ears.

I remember when a well renowned engineering school (like MIT) basically dissected the HD (1984 to present) EVO engine, and they found no less then 50 (or so, I forget the ACTUAL number) of design flaws with it. Now, on a typical (***MUCH***) more technical car engine, okay. But on a air cooled pushrod V-twin, its like... really? the part I find most comical is that they choose to use a typical single pin crankshaft (you know, the kind designed for a single cyl. engine?) To which both connecting rods are mounted on. Its obviously impossible to properly balance a crank that has that property. Which is why they shake the way they do at idle. Im mind blown when the owners love that... its like.... uh... thats actually due to a serious design flaw....
    Its funny they burn oil since the day their new, right across the board. Yet with HD, rather then properly address the problem, they just installed an oil tank, so you just have to fill it up once every few fill ups, rather then add oil every time you want to get on and ride.
    When I try to employ logic with HD's engineering department (if they even have one, which I doubt), my brain instantly wants to crawl into a corner and die.

Im sorry, and people pay how much for those...... why?

With the V rod engine, Porsche designed that... Which was amazing. But HD wanted more chrome and metal, so they added 40 pounds of weight to Porsche's engine before releasing it as the new V-Rod engine.
    I just find it comical Japanese & British cruisers with noticeably smaller engines can eat V rods for breakfast all day long.
    But of course, dont tell HD owners that, since that doesn't matter. No what matters is that "potato" sound at idle, yeah thats it.
    Since, surely nothing else matters on your loud & annoying quest out to Melrose on 17th right?

I've met "Rony Espensa" or whatever his username is, he's a great guy... but 98% of the other HD owners I can't stand.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 08-06-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    09 R6

My baby:

2009 R6
    Last edited by J.D.; 08-07-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    I make nymphos look like nuns.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

GAHHHH...nothing drives me crazier with parked bikes than people hanging their helmets on their mirrors.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    09 R6

^ I hear you there that is why mine is off to the side!
    I make nymphos look like nuns.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Haha lots of hate for the Harleys, well if it matters my bike isn't even considered a Harley among "real" Harley riders, not that I ride with anyone, always ride alone. This is my second v-rod, first one sold in 2 days for full price earlier this year btw....I guess some people still like them. I love the styling of the bike, lots of power and comfortable. Owned a Honda cruiser and Ninja ZX6R, but never enjoyed them. Also always wanted a Porsche, think this is the closest I'll get to that lol. I agree with Graham_A_M on pretty much everything too.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

By brother in law in Edmonton just bought a vrod this spring. I know nothing about Harleys as I too do not care for them but that one seems to be an impressive machine, tons of power.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    V8s

^

By brother in law in Edmonton just bought a vrod this spring. I know nothing about Harleys as I too do not care for them but that one seems to be an impressive machine, tons of power.
    Relative to other Harleys, perhaps.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by cjblair
    Relative to other Harleys, perhaps.
    Anything with 100+ HP is tons of power for a cruiser or touring bike, so far as I'm concerned anyways.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Originally posted by rony_espana
    Haha lots of hate for the Harleys, well if it matters my bike isn't even considered a Harley among "real" Harley riders, not that I ride with anyone, always ride alone. This is my second v-rod, first one sold in 2 days for full price earlier this year btw....I guess some people still like them. I love the styling of the bike, lots of power and comfortable. Owned a Honda cruiser and Ninja ZX6R, but never enjoyed them. Also always wanted a Porsche, think this is the closest I'll get to that lol. I agree with Graham_A_M on pretty much everything too.
    Lol, a part of me died when you said you had an HD, but for an HD owner, you're the coolest guy I've ever met.

Yeah, if I ever had to own an HD, It would be a V rod, definitely cool bikes...

I feel like going on about the 1984 released XLCR (Excelsior) 1000cc bikes, as HD tried to get into the competitive market held by the Japanese at the time, but I wont...

IDK, Im starting to get sick of having a sportbike, since we dont have a track anymore, and nothing is close by for the most part. I think my next bike will be a Triumph Bonneville or Thruxton. Blackfoot has an '09 Bonneville with an Arrow exhaust (a measly $1500 add on) that Im very tempted to pick up for $8200 or so. Ive bought so much shit this year, Im tempted to hold back though. Fuck sakes I want it though...

I was looking at the new Yamaha Bolt's, but their ground clearance is almost non existent, and as a result their handling is shit.... the sales people of Blackfoot were saying most of the people that have bought the Bolt's end up selling them in no time as a result, but also say, most people that have bought the Bonneville's & Thruxtons just love them. Neutral ergonomics, yet they handle quite well and are blasts to ride. So that looks like the way to go if you want something other then a sportbike, yet still want to have fun with it in the twisties when not cruising on the highways.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 08-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.

While I mostly agree with the negative sentiment towards the knuckle-dragging Harley crowd, I can't help but lump you into the same category for considering a Bonneville at that price. Harley or Triumph, I can't rationalize that much money for what amounts to a 70's era design. "Retro" is just a word that salesmen throw around to sell bikes assembled using 30 year old new-old stock.

The sensible solution: Just get an old CB, XS, GT, some parts, have a pile of extra cash left and be done with it.

BTW Graham, did your dad work on any of the super-mileage cars from U of S?

My Ride

^ Um, to call that bike right out of the 1970's is probably the most foolishly ignorant comment I think I've heard or read in a LONG time... There is absolutely nothing old about that bike at all, asides from the styling. There isn't one part on it that came from anything that Triumph made in the 70's... not one, short of common nuts and bolts that you'd find in any bike. Its new technology, with retro styling. Ive yet to meet a rider that has ridden one that says it performs/accelerates/brakes like a vintage bike. I wanted to get a cruiser, specifically a Honda Fury, but cruisers seriously cannot perform at all, and thats a big set back to me. The Thruxton's & Bonneville's have wicked handling for an upright style of bike.

That being said, I dont know what it is about it that makes you think the $8999 sticker price is too much.
    I used to have a '81 CB650 chopper that I miss dearly, but most of the bikes you mentioned sell for a pretty penny today... but I dont get too excited on paying $2-3k for a CB750 or the like thats now as old as I am... I haven't checked into the other ones, but most of these vintage CB style bikes are pretty hit and miss, and Im a bit leery about going on any long road trips on a 30 year old bike thats getting hard to find parts for.

What do you mean about super high mileage cars out of the US? The only thing we have thats high mileage now is that '95 F250 with 1,368,000 km's on it that I made a thread about a while ago... but thats been an Alberta truck its whole life.

My comment was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek; sorry if it came across otherwise.

I'm not sure if it is relevant anymore, but Honda has/had a parts program for EOL products. That means they have a parts stockpile for products we would consider vintage. I know that you could still get a new camshaft for a 1963 Honda Dream 10 years ago.

My question about 'super mileage' was referring to a SAE program that the U of S competed in. They designed and built fuel efficient cars, one of which set a record of 5000+ mpg using a Honda engine. Just wondering because you said your old man was U of Sask Alumni.
    Last edited by e31; 08-09-2013 at 02:58 PM.

My Ride

^ Oh, yeah that comment came off a bit odd, anyway, no worries.
    For the record, for all intents and purposes Triumph closed their doors in 1984, There were a few 1985's made using unused, left over parts, but there weren't many made at all... So the term "new old stock" doesn't really apply at all today with their latest line up of bikes.

No my dad's 65 this year, so that was probably well after his time... I dont even know what year he graduated... I'll have to ask. I'll let you know if I find anything you'd find interesting.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 08-09-2013 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Lol, a part of me died when you said you had an HD, but for an HD owner, you're the coolest guy I've ever met.

Yeah, if I ever had to own an HD, It would be a V rod, definitely cool bikes...

I feel like going on about the 1984 released XLCR (Excelsior) 1000cc bikes, as HD tried to get into the competitive market held by the Japanese at the time, but I wont...

IDK, Im starting to get sick of having a sportbike, since we dont have a track anymore, and nothing is close by for the most part. I think my next bike will be a Triumph Bonneville or Thruxton. Blackfoot has an '09 Bonneville with an Arrow exhaust (a measly $1500 add on) that Im very tempted to pick up for $8200 or so. Ive bought so much shit this year, Im tempted to hold back though. Fuck sakes I want it though...
    I made the switch this season from a sport bike to the bonneville and absolutely love it. The torque and handling is surprisignly good and the styling I just love.

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast