My Ride
    2022 X2M

color me surprised

Break out the sarcasm detectors.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Shame on anyone for being shocked that Apple would go to these lengths. Did you think Apple "cares"? They may have built a nice imagine, but they're a billion dollar corporation that will stop at nothing to protect those billions of dollars.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Wow Us law enforcement scares teh crap out of me. all that freedom they like to fight for and proclaim to be the back bone of its existence is really just a big ole stanky lie aint it.

Originally posted by cam_wmh
    F*CK Apple and their totalitarian, self righteous, viral, proprietory fan boy, gestapo bullshit.

This is a serious infringement upon the press.
    Nope, I support what Apple's doing, and this is in no way an infringement upon the press.

Let's say it wasn't an iPhone that was left at the bar, but instead a briefcase containing company financials detailing manufacturing costs, supply chain management and profit margins on their products. Would it be ok for a journalist to buy the briefcase off the guy who found it in the bar and then publish it on the internet?

Absolutely not. And it's no different here...

My Ride
    something new every year

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Nope, I support what Apple's doing, and this is in no way an infringement upon the press.

Let's say it wasn't an iPhone that was left at the bar, but instead a briefcase containing company financials detailing manufacturing costs, supply chain management and profit margins on their products. Would it be ok for a journalist to buy the briefcase off the guy who found it in the bar and then publish it on the internet?

Absolutely not. And it's no different here...
    Yes because the 4g contains Apples financial data, manufacturing costs, supply chain and profit margins....
    It's a bloody fucking iphone, everyone knows its going to be no different then the last. A touch pad phone with a whole shitload of downloadable applications and maybe another bullshit feature. I have an unlocked 3g..Not sure now but a year ago I was using it for filming, wasn't that and the tracking feature the only new thing in the 3gs..
    Last edited by 4.2v8; 04-26-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Originally posted by 4.2v8
    Yes because the 4g contains Apples financial data, manufacturing costs, supply chain and profit margins....
    It's a bloody fucking iphone, everyone knows its going to be no different then the last.
    It's a product that hasn't been released yet... taking apart a prototype and publishing all the details gives Apple's competitors the advantage of knowing what they'll be up against this summer.

I hope they press charges against everyone at Gizmodo who was invovled...

I'm sorry, did you guys think that the business world revolves around hugs and sunshine?

My Ride
    something new every year

Every fucking manufacture should know what they're up against this summer. Apple is going to slightly step up a 3Gs to a 4g, so is every other mobile phone on this planet.
    Competition should be based on innovation, dedication and execution. Not coppying somebodys ideas and throwing them in their phone.

Originally posted by Super_Geo

It's a product that hasn't been released yet... taking apart a prototype and publishing all the details gives Apple's competitors the advantage of knowing what they'll be up against this summer.

I hope they press charges against everyone at Gizmodo who was invovled...

I'm sorry, did you guys think that the business world revolves around hugs and sunshine?
    I have to admit I disagree. If it was an early prototype sure but I bet all the parts have been with the manufacturers for months now (judging by the fit and finish I would say it is post production) and there are easier ways to steal through industrial espionage than this. If this was the 6G that maybe sits in a vault at apple then I would be more inclined to agree.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by 4.2v8
    Every fucking manufacture should know what they're up against this summer. Apple is going to slightly step up a 3Gs to a 4g, so is every other mobile phone on this planet.
    Competition should be based on innovation, dedication and execution. Not coppying somebodys ideas and throwing them in their phone.
    You obviously know nothing about running a business. Maybe you should shut up now as you are making yourself look pretty stupid. Are you 12?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Jlude
    Shame on anyone for being shocked that Apple would go to these lengths. Did you think Apple "cares"? They may have built a nice imagine, but they're a billion dollar corporation that will stop at nothing to protect those billions of dollars.
    I'm not surprised from a company who fired an engineer for showing iPad to Woz 3 mins early.

Jason Chen and Gizmodo will be made an example of why you don't fuck with Steve Jobs.

And how stupid are you admitting buying hot stuff off the street?

My Ride
    This and that.

I knew this was going to happen. Hell I called it as soon as I found out about the whole leak thing, so I am not surprised. And I totally agree with those who think Apple's doing the right thing here because of reasons I mentioned in the previous page. Gizmodo had no right to do what they did and the way they did. And I said before that this whole thing is going to be detrimental for Apple in the sense of lost revenues on 3g sales, losing the edge over competitors etc etc. So Gizmodo needs to be taught a lesson. What pisses me off is that they blatantly lied that the person who found the phone tried to contact Apple without any results, which was proven to be a complete outright rubbish when the Bar Owners said no one came to them about the found iPhone. Especially when the Apple tech kept on calling over and over to check if it was turned in or found at all.

hmmm, i'm sure it's going to cost a lil under a million to sue the pants of gizmodo... that being said... Jason Chen probably cost apple millions of dollars in sales, R&D, legal, re-design, etc etc...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Oh wow, this just took an entertaining turn
    http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-se...hens-computers

My thoughts? F*CK Apple and their totalitarian, self righteous, viral, proprietory fan boy, gestapo bullshit. I hate myself for liking my phone right now. </dramatic venting>

Interesting.......
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Oh wow, this just took an entertaining turn
    http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-se...hens-computers

My thoughts? F*CK Apple and their totalitarian, self righteous, viral, proprietory fan boy, gestapo bullshit. I hate myself for liking my phone right now. </dramatic venting>

"felony"
    http://www.geektown.ca/2010/04/blogg...hone-case.html

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I knew this was going to happen. Hell I called it as soon as I found out about the whole leak thing, so I am not surprised. And I totally agree with those who think Apple's doing the right thing here because of reasons I mentioned in the previous page. Gizmodo had no right to do what they did and the way they did. And I said before that this whole thing is going to be detrimental for Apple in the sense of lost revenues on 3g sales, losing the edge over competitors etc etc. So Gizmodo needs to be taught a lesson. What pisses me off is that they blatantly lied that the person who found the phone tried to contact Apple without any results, which was proven to be a complete outright rubbish when the Bar Owners said no one came to them about the found iPhone. Especially when the Apple tech kept on calling over and over to check if it was turned in or found at all.
    This is news to me. I'm not dismissing it as not happening, just didn't realize that the guy who sold the phone didn't make any attempts to find the former Apple Eng, via the pub.

Potentially comes down to whether due diligence was exhibited by the "finder", in returning the product to it's rightful owner. I'm thinking no. Further, Gizmodo being a very tech savy blog, would be negating it's credibility if they were to go on record saying they didn't have a clue what they found -- then go ahead and publish a story saying the opposite.

It'll be interesting to see how valuable these documented trouble tickets are, in terms of returning them to Apple. Finally, doesn't anyone within Gizmodo have a direct contact with Apple? Odd I say.

Still though, this makes for some great entertainment. Gotta get some popcorn.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I like Joel Johnson's shot at Apple's strict (apparently some would call it dictatorial) PR policies (Why Apple Didn't Leak the iPhone - And Why That Matters)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Audi

This is great entertainment!

- Is this actually considered 'theft' under california law?
    - Is the warrant legal?
    - Is REACT's search and seizure legal then?
    - What is the amount of influence Apple has on REACT since Apple sits on the steering committee?

Despite my feeling regarding Apple, they definately have a right to protect their IP. However when did a product leak by a journalist due to information found in a public place become a felony charge?

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by hampstor
    However when did a product leak by a journalist due to information found in a public place become a felony charge?
    I think it was the payment of the lost item and dismantling it which is the illegal part... And the dollar value spent, 5k, being a felony.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast