Quantcast
bad experience with gthid - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: bad experience with gthid

Default bad experience with gthid

If you guys are looking to get an hid kit for your car I would reccomend getting it from somewhere other then gthid. I bought there hid kit and got it installed by them about a year ago and now the hid kit flickers on and off whenever it is in the sun when the mode is in auto. I called them about this since they do offer a "warranty" but the guy said it will cost 75$ an hour to see what the problem is since everything isnt under warranty. I described the problem but he said he can't help at all unless he looks at it while charging me at the same time. In my opinion he should be able to atleast suggest some problems that I could personally look into since they are going to charge me 75$+ just to look at an hid kit. Just a heads up I guess.

Maybe you should take the HID kit out. There, problem solved.

Still doesn't change the fact that they have shitty customer service and im just giving people a heads up before they buy from them.

My Ride
    F150, Dieselgate Jetta, Mustang

It's a known fact you can't be a V8 Killa without a hid kit, come on justin.................

luxor Guest

There is only one solution to the said problem you are having: Take the stupid fucking hid kit out! I hate people like you. I almost have to wear sunglasses at night so that I don't get blinded by your rice HID kit. Time to tint my windshield.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

Default Re: bad experience with gthid

Originally posted by v8killa
    If you guys are looking to get an hid kit for your car I would reccomend getting it from somewhere other then gthid. I bought there hid kit and got it installed by them about a year ago and now the hid kit flickers on and off whenever it is in the sun when the mode is in auto. I called them about this since they do offer a "warranty" but the guy said it will cost 75$ an hour to see what the problem is since everything isnt under warranty. I described the problem but he said he can't help at all unless he looks at it while charging me at the same time. In my opinion he should be able to atleast suggest some problems that I could personally look into since they are going to charge me 75$+ just to look at an hid kit. Just a heads up I guess.
    try not to use the auto mode for the headlight. also sometimes vehicles that use the low beam as a DRL can cause this proble. HID kits need the full power from the car to start the hid, the DRL only sends half power, which will cause flickering
    Oliver

Originally posted by luxor
    I hate people like you. I almost have to wear sunglasses at night so that I don't get blinded by your rice HID kit.
    +1

For the OP, you get what you pay for. What do you expect for a $200 kit made in China?

thanks talonboi i will look into that, it if its fully dark outside they work fine, only when exposed in the sun which is why i found it odd.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Pull out your Daytime Running Light fuse and see if that fixes the problem.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by luxor
    Time to tint my windshield.

serious note - Stop cruising over these posts, take that illegal shit out of your headlights you ignorant fuck. You blind everyone coming towards you.

Last edited by scat19; 04-22-2010 at 03:25 PM.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

Originally posted by scat19

:halo:

serious note - Stop cruising over these posts, take that illegal shit out of your headlights you ignorant fuck. You blind everyone coming towards you.

just a little over the top?
    Oliver

Originally posted by talonboi

just a little over the top?
    No, not over the top enough. I hate cock suckers with these kits, especially assholes in trucks with these kits...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

And a $60 ebay kit isn't good enough? I have low temp hid's so I can actually see at night, you seem to be after the deep blue kit because you think it's awesome. Save yourself the trouble and just get one off ebay. While you're at it, ditch the 8000k rice lights because all you're doing is pissing a lot of people off.
    Last edited by btimbit; 04-23-2010 at 12:48 AM.

My Ride
    02' dc5

When I get blinded at night I slow down to 15km/h with my 4ways on then highbeam these fucking ricers. Take illegal blinding lights out of your damn car, makes me want to smash headlights

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I had 4 driving lights on my old bumper, putting out close to 1 million candle power. A quick flash got most HIDs turned off, even on lifted trucks. lol
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    02' dc5

Originally posted by FraserB
    I had 4 driving lights on my old bumper, putting out close to 1 million candle power. A quick flash got most HIDs turned off, even on lifted trucks. lol
    Shit if you still had those I would love to take a ride one night and hunt down ricers.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

End of the summer I'll have another bumper and enough lift for them to be in the correct spot.

My Ride
    is not from this country

my car came with hid set up. it was to much. downgraded to h4's and they work great and are pretty bright without blinding everyone else and risk getting tickets.

My Ride
    G37S

Lol, I see beyond is going through the "lets call everyone with something we dont like a ricer" phase. What if he retrofitted projectors that cut-off like a normal car? Still ricer? Or does beyond haters not approve of that either?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

No, the "haters" only hate the retards who drop HIDs into stock housings that fuck up everyones eyes when they spew off in every direction but the right one.

No problem with HIDs with the proper cutoff and projectors.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast