Quantcast
Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile) - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by msommers
    That does sound like great news for Wind. Curious if they'll just jack up the price and we'll have 'the big 4'
    Yes, they will.

Shaw isn't going to pay billions and run a losing business.

The earlier you join, the more likely you get grandfather in a lower cost plan. Their plans while still competitive, has been gradually got worst as more lower cost competitors bows out.

My Ride
    G37X

Data is working again now, tried around midnight last night 5.81mbps, 7am was 14.66, 5:30pm was 13.77, and just ran it now and got 7.10.

Shaw will definitely jack up prices at some point. Just look at the pricing on their internet packages

The only experience I've had with Wind was when I borrowed my cousins phone. I tried calling a few people and reception wasn't that great.

My Ride
    X5

Wind is OK. I'm not a huge tech person, but I use data for streaming Spotify at the gym and it works fine. Loading pages on mobile browser is a bit slow, but bearable. I'm in Hamptons and reception is spotty at times, and call quality isn't the best. In other parts of the city Wind works great though, just some issues at home.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by msommers
    That does sound like great news for Wind. Curious if they'll just jack up the price and we'll have 'the big 4'
    Just recall back to the days of Clearnet before Telus took over and how the prices were adjusted after.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Wind is about 100 times better in calgary vs edmonton. Im up here for work this week and its terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Anyone get a phone via Wind on the Windtab program, apparently they changed their pay off policy recently, I plan on sticking with then for at least the next 2 years so I figured I'd upgrade my old N5 finally.

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Ya what was the old wintab plan payoff?

Now seems decent anyways.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by topher91

10% of your bill every month, pay-off promise in 2 years.
    i.e. if your tab is $150 with a monthly bill of $40, after 20 months you can cancel but owe them $70.

My Ride
    TL

finding wind to be absolutely awful this month. data just doesn't work at all sometimes. after datacap, it's unbearable while before it was at least manageable. DT & SW usage mostly

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by topher91

Windtab was better before March as jwslam pointed out.

Windtab is now only $100 regardless of what plan you are on and deduction is 1/24th of tab per month instead of based on 10% of your plan.

Windtab of upper tiers is replaced by Windtab Boost which is more of a layaway plan:

Under Windtab Boost:
    $5/mth *24 ($120) will buy you $150 of phone credits
    $15/mth * 24 ($360) $will buy you $350 of phone credits
    $25/mth * 24 ($600) will buy you $550 of phone credits

Phones like Nexus 6P, it's actually more expensive to get it thru WIND because WIND is selling it at $50 more than Google. Getting a 6P from WIND in the end it's just a $50 subsidy at best and interest free loan at worst depends on the level of tab you buy into.

TLDR, before March, you can buy into a $60/mth plan and get $650 phone credit. Now regardless which plan you are on, you have to pay another $25/mth to get that credit.

I think they are pushing people to BYOD now since BYOD get $5 per month service credit.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-18-2016 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride

Ahhh I see.

Ya, I see they have phones you can buy but really, like you said, there is no credit for going with them and getting a phone and plan.

I heard there's a $150 deposit too for a phone on a pay after use plan?

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Originally posted by dandia89
    finding wind to be absolutely awful this month. data just doesn't work at all sometimes. after datacap, it's unbearable while before it was at least manageable. DT & SW usage mostly
    same

Is was using Cortana to dictate a text (Windows Phone950XL) and she said
    "I do not have enough bandwidth to complete this for you"

and dropped calls and flakey call quality.

All that being said - I am staying with Wind - I get what I pay for and looking forward to more upgrades - my data speed has doubled since the update - 15Mbps
    Last edited by Alpine Autowerks; 05-24-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

My Ride

Made the jump onto the Wind wagon. Been a day on it. DEFINITELY a huge difference from Telus.

Mostly been up in the NE and NE area. Can't comment on call quality but I am getting text messages right away and haven't seen the signal drop out of 4G or into an away zone yet.

Surfing Internet is noticeably slower and stalls often and browser will say no Internet...but even at a weak signal, it still works.

Can't complain too much as I am paying half of what I paid to Telus for the service now.

Will update in a week.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I just switched over too.

I was on Fido for about 12 years and on a grandfathered $30 6GB data plan. I called to see how much a Samsung S7 would cost me if I wanted to keep that plan but was willing to sign a 2 year contract and they said $750. They were basically penalizing me for being a long time customer, so I left.

My Ride

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I just switched over too.

I was on Fido for about 12 years and on a grandfathered $30 6GB data plan. I called to see how much a Samsung S7 would cost me if I wanted to keep that plan but was willing to sign a 2 year contract and they said $750. They were basically penalizing me for being a long time customer, so I left.
    Exactly how I felt.

Pay full price for phone and more money for less data...lose lose for me after being a long time customer.

I have no loyalty to Fido anymore after they made Fido dollars 100% useless and continue to carry garbage for phones. If I can get a better plan for less on Wind with BYOD after the towers get upgraded I would happily switch. If they aren't going to have speed and coverage like the big 3 though I probably will stay put even if it's more expensive. The above comments about data are not encouraging, but sounds like they haven't upgraded the towers yet.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Some of the comments here have Wind being pretty much unusable. My dad has Wind, and other than making phone calls, everything else is unusable because of how poor data performance is.

I'm surprised people in this thread are still switching. Why not just get rid of your data plan and rely on wifi hotspots? Wouldn't a simple phone plan be the cheapest way to go? Hell, get an iPod, Google hangouts and free VOIP?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I will add onto rage's comments about poor data performance as I know people that are on wind and when they come over to my place (inner city), they ask to go on my wifi. I'm thinking, don't you have unlimited data? I'm with Robbers and pay $42 a month for 3 gb but I don't find their data performance that bad. I'd like to go to Wind for the unlimited data but doesn't seem worth it if it doesn't perform well.

For people that I know that are on the outskirts in the north, they end up paying a few bucks each month for roaming since they go to Cross iron or wherever that isn't covered. Hopefully having Shaw at the helm will make their infrastructure better.

The other side of it is the (silent) majority that have no issue at all 99% of the time. Sure I've had times where I've had no data, but those times are few and far between (and less so now with the upgrades) and I can deal with it knowing I'm saving way over double per month over the big three. If you're using your phone for business or something where uptime is absolutely critical, maybe look elsewhere, but for me I've had nothing but a great experience with Wind in the 5 plus years I've been with them.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast