Quantcast
Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile) - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile)

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

How's Freedom treating everyone so far?

Time to upgrade to a new phone and looking to switch away from Telus. Looks like Freedom has the best pricing for a S10+ by far.. How's Freedom's coverage and LTE speed.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How's Freedom treating everyone so far?

Time to upgrade to a new phone and looking to switch away from Telus. Looks like Freedom has the best pricing for a S10+ by far.. How's Freedom's coverage and LTE speed.
    I assume the back to school specials are making everyone considering Freedom again.

If you read the last few pages, you'll know that it's cheaper for reason and make sure you can live with it. Coming from Telus, it's a guaranteed downgrade, even with a band 13 phone like S10+.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-12-2019 at 04:03 PM.

I'm a city dweller and I've been happy with it, especially considering the price.
    I have 13 GB data and unlimited text and talk, think it comes to $57 per month tax in.

Service is very weak out of town, so it's not the best if you travel lots around the province, not an issue for me.

Edit: They actually increased it to 15 GB LTE, and then unlimited throttled data
    Last edited by Ukyo8; 08-13-2019 at 11:38 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat

I live on the west side of town but still in Calgary, If I am on the phone and drive in springbank there is a 100% chance my call will drop.
    Overall Freedom is 'OK'. I like that for my wife and I its $100/month, my wife complains but the odd dropped call/slower LTE is worth the savings.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Call your current provider and tell them you are considering a switch to Freedom and they will likely match whatever Freedom Mobile is offering. Freedom pricing, Rogers/Telus/Fido/Bell/Whatever coverage. Win-win.
    ---

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Call your current provider and tell them you are considering a switch to Freedom and they will likely match whatever Freedom Mobile is offering. Freedom pricing, Rogers/Telus/Fido/Bell/Whatever coverage. Win-win.
    So they will give you 18GB for $60/mth and free iPhone XR?

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

I'm about to move the old man away from Freedom. I got him on the F&F deal back in 2017 where he got a iPhone 8 and 10GB for $64/month, problem is being in Airdrie he's found that the service is really spotty even with their upgraded network here. Lots of dropped calls, intermittent speeds and delayed texts. Going to move him to the EPP Telus deal for 10GB for $65 a month; yes it's more but at least Telus has been reliable.

I just find it amusing that the big boys with their expensive big toys (Porsches, MBs, etc) are so worried about saving $40-50 a month for inferior cell phone service? What gives?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    I'm about to move the old man away from Freedom. I got him on the F&F deal back in 2017 where he got a iPhone 8 and 10GB for $64/month, problem is being in Airdrie he's found that the service is really spotty even with their upgraded network here. Lots of dropped calls, intermittent speeds and delayed texts. Going to move him to the EPP Telus deal for 10GB for $65 a month; yes it's more but at least Telus has been reliable.
    I switched from Freedom to Lucky last month. Pretty good so far.
    Reasons why I left
    -I had an issue 3 years back where customer service essentially did jack-shit for me and told me to pound sand. Cut my service for a week while they "investigated".
    -I moved jobs recently where I'm closer to the interior of the building, I can't get any reception here at all. Even on the roaming network (Rogers) I am unable to receive texts. Very inconvenient especially when so many of my accounts are 2FA by SMS.
    -Maybe it was my phone, but I found I regularly had to do a manual network search after I jumped onto roaming to get back
    -Network congestion was real. Especially at for example Stampede grounds. It did improve over the years though.
    -My plan didn't have any Canada roaming so I was relying on free incoming texts and getting back to people in other ways

Other things about my experience (been with them since 2010)
    -The speeds were decent when it did work.
    -Never any overage charges, but beware getting dropped to dialup speeds.
    -No idea about dropped calls; I average 15min talk time a month.
    -Making sure you get a phone with all the bands is crucial.
    -They used to have unlimited US roaming but I think that's no longer available on any plan. My original plan included unlimited (back when they partnered T-Mobile) and eventually they changed the T&C's so that it was 1gb full speed on AT&T, and then back to dialup. In general I found that AT&T roaming was significantly worse than T-Mobile days (California and Maui areas)

Lots of options if you can drop the usage.
    https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/plans/prepaid
    $50 / 8.5gb (monthly)
    There's a promo to get a $20 Dollarama GC, as well as $25 referral credit (stackable promos)

Otherwise we've got a local advocate for Public as well (30day subscriptions, so you get screwed on 5 days a year).
    Lots of options depending on usage
    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans

Both of these have reduced speeds, but good for coverage (Bellus towers)
    Last edited by jwslam; 08-13-2019 at 08:17 AM.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Got 3 freedom codes to bring the $60 plan down to $45.
    PM me if you want the codes, they expire tomorrow

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I just find it amusing that the big boys with their expensive big toys (Porsches, MBs, etc) are so worried about saving $40-50 a month for inferior cell phone service? What gives?
    I find people with money tend to be the cheapest people I know haha
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    So they will give you 18GB for $60/mth and free iPhone XR?
    YMMV but if not, it'll be close enough for those that don't want to sacrifice performance.
    ---

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I left 2 months ago. They sent me this.
    Free for anyone here to use, but please post if you have used one of the codes

We’ve missed you! We expanded our network, improved our customer experience and have a special offer for YOU! We want to give you $15 off your monthly bill for 24 months*. That’s a savings of $360!

You can take advantage of one of our $60+/ month Big Gig Unlimited plans. This includes 10GB** of fast LTE data, unlimited Canada-wide calling and global text, for only $45/month with this special offer and our Digital Discount.

You have three unique promotional codes to share. Each code can only be used one time and must be used for new lines.

15B10472325124
    15B10624475123
    15B10526290121

* Offer is available for a limited time. $45 is based on a $65 plan, less the $15 discount for up to 24 months and the $5 Digital Discount. To be eligible for the $15 discount, you must sign up for a new Postpaid line on a $60+ Big Gig Unlimited plan and have a promo code applied during the promotion period. The credits will start to be applied to your account as a bill adjustment before tax on your 2nd bill. You will receive a $15 discount off the monthly price of the plan for 24 months as long as you remain active, in good standing, and subscribed to an Eligible Postpaid Plan. Each promo code can only be used once and applies to one line only - not the full account. The promotion may not be combined with any other in-market offer, with the exception of Digital Discount, Better Together Savings or the Refer a Friend program. If you are not eligible for the promotion during any month, that monthly discount will be entirely forfeited and cannot be made up. If you qualify for the discount in the months following the ineligible month, you will receive the discount in those subsequent months. Movement between Eligible Plans will not result in the loss of the monthly discount. Your service will no longer be eligible for the discount if you: (a) Change your rate plan to a non-Eligible Plan, or (b) Port your number away from Freedom Mobile. Digital Discount promotion is subject to change or cancellation without notice. To be eligible to receive the $5/month Digital Discount, you must (i) be subscribed to a Postpaid line on a Big Gig Unlimited plan, (ii) sign up for Auto Pay (pre-authorized payments), (iii) have an active and valid Auto Pay method on file, and (iv) redeem the “Digital Discount” promo code at a Freedom Mobile retail location or through your My Account. To learn more about Digital Discount, see freedommobile.ca/digitaldiscount.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm getting the run around from Freedom support, I only have an account for prepaid for my 10 year old that is supposed to be $20/month, however logging into the site it shows I have a $61.18 balance which they can't explain but won't investigate either

I've looked through the call and charge history on the account and everything shows $0

I find the coverage for freedom is terrible, my daughter can be on freedom or on nationwide depending on where in the house she is
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Could always try public. Good coverage, and somehow, having zero customer support seems to be better than the alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Could always try public. Good coverage, and somehow, having zero customer support seems to be better than the alternative.

I wanted Freedom to succeed but found them to be very poorly organized and had too many dropped calls. One benefit with Public Mobile is that they still offer Covid19-free 3G.
    adam c: where would you like me to send you ExtraSlow's referral code to?
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-20-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Name:  Screenshot_20220122-103949.png
Views: 302
Size:  599.6 KB

Freedom is giving me a run around. My awesome plan is not as awesome anymore with my included great roaming in USA.
    Need options, also I don't really go to USA anymore. But my 3G in the house is also bad signal as of late.
    I pay $35/month. Need to start hard negotiating with freedom it appears.

Any ideas on a good plan to grab in the similar price range?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post

Freedom is giving me a run around. My awesome plan is not as awesome anymore with my included great roaming in USA.
    Need options, also I don't really go to USA anymore. But my 3G in the house is also bad signal as of late.

Don't you just need a new SIM? You can get that without re-signing an agreement.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post

If you don't need a lot of speed or data, only answer is Public Mobile:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/fs2020

It runs off the Telus/Bell network, so coverage is great. You also get $2 off if you set up AutoPay. Sim cards can be bought at London Drugs or Walmart. Hit me up if you need a referral.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

***pops head up***

PublicMobileReferral.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 LastLast