Quantcast
Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile)

Default WIND mobile

What's the deal with these guys? How good is the service in terms of signal and dropped calls? I've had a good look at their website, can someone post how much you actually end up paying and what you end up getting for it? Thanks.

My Ride
    Silverado

what you see is what you pay, no hidden fees

i would also like to know how solid there coverage is inside the city, because an unreliable source told me he loses coverage and gets charged roaming inside calgary, but im not sure if thats true

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

I've used Wind before and yes their plans are the shit, but at the same time the coverage wasn't up to par. I understand that they have been open for 4 months now and they are building their own towers. The reps told me the coverage in Calgary would be excellent mid-summer to the end of summer, so until then I will stay with Rogers.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

I'm with wind, samsung gravity 2. I've had 4 of them now and none work.

These phones are junk, I have full coverage in some areas and it sounds like a robot is talking when I am on a call.

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    what you see is what you pay, no hidden fees

i would also like to know how solid there coverage is inside the city, because an unreliable source told me he loses coverage and gets charged roaming inside calgary, but im not sure if thats true
    It's true. I got charged roaming at pick n pull.

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

I paid $45(shout) + $35(unlimited bb data)...my one month's bill was 86.XX(it's suppose to be 84 even after taxes) after taxes because I made a few roaming calls in Calgary lol

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

I used the bb 9700 cause they told me it had the best reception. It's true you get what you pay for, my buddy had that cheap touch phone and I had service in a lot more places when we were together lol

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I kinda wanna jump ship too with that $150 credit promo they have good til end of April...

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I haven't had many service issues at all, I'm using a Samsung Gravity 2 and it works perfectly. The ONLY time I get a lost signal, really, is when I'm deep in the core of my basement, or in the middle of a really wide building, and that's not due to the phone, that's due to the AWS frequency of the carrier.

And if you do get charged roaming while within the city, all you do is call up WIND, tell them what happened, and they remove the roaming charge (happened a few times during my first couple of months when the towers were still going up daily).
    Geek

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Worst part about WIND is that stupid AWS spectrum they use.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

for those willing to tough it out in terms of coverage in calgary until wind gets some more towers up, i have ONE friends/family plan up for grabs for any beyonder who is an active member and actually frequents these forums. PM me for details, offer ends tomorrow. i'd rather give it out than waste the promo.

THANKS JLTABOT for the friends/family plan.
    I purchased an HTC Maple today, so far it's great and I have service in my house!

Originally posted by jltabot
    for those willing to tough it out in terms of coverage in calgary until wind gets some more towers up, i have ONE friends/family plan up for grabs for any beyonder who is an active member and actually frequents these forums. PM me for details, offer ends tomorrow. i'd rather give it out than waste the promo.
    :P Dang, I looked all over for an invite.

Right now I really don't think Wind is worth as much as it costs. The coverage in a lot of areas could use work. I am hoping to sign up for wind once they get University coverage. I bought one gravity and one 9700 to try out a month ago, and there was just no/limited coverage in Machall, ProFac or Scurfield. Love the idea of Wind, but I am still waiting for them to fix up the university. On the bright side, the my house has full bars on both the gravity and the 9700. Sadly the SW still has no coverage for those in Cristie or Aspen

Wind mobile is not good. there coverage is horrible. They wern't even ready to launch they just wanted to be out there. I have 3 or 4 clients a week her port over to koodo from them

nn
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 12:26 PM.

EDIT: Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 05-17-2010 at 11:37 PM.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Just wait till you use data out of the home zone or text. you get major charges. it's stupid! I looked into it when it was launched then there were a few little things they were hiding. ie roaming in the city, when out of the city you get charged $2000 per Gig of data, you are charged for all texts while out of the home zone, and the calling rates are pretty high out of the home zone.

so if you plan on never leaving the tiny home zone this is the phone for you. But if you actually like to move around and use your phone outside of the city STAY AWAY FROM WIND MOBILE!!!

My Ride
    nissan

I am with wind, and so is the GF. We scored the family deal from a wind employee here in Edmonton.

Overall the service is OK, my htc maple seems to work much better than the samsung that the gf went with.

I can say that rogers has better reception all around, but I was so sick of the poor customer service and felt I was paying too much. Now with wind - it is so cheap that if I drop a call from time to time it will not bother me, and the coverage will likely improve.

@ 45 a month for the always shout I was not sold, but for the deal I got it is definitely worth the inconvenience. If this was a business phone I think I would want better coverage, but then the company would be picking up the bill.

When considering the Home zone vs away zone - generally speaking I would be paying LD on my rogers line if I was out of town anyway, so there is no difference in my "extra" charges - rather it gets tacked onto a $15 bill rather than $60+ with rogers.

Overall I think the coverage- OK, price- excellent, phone selection - weak, not giving rogers anymore $$ -

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by picmerollin
    When considering the Home zone vs away zone - generally speaking I would be paying LD on my rogers line if I was out of town anyway, so there is no difference in my "extra" charges - rather it gets tacked onto a $15 bill rather than $60+ with rogers.
    Rogers still has a leg up if you're making out-of-town texts, data or local calls outside your home area. Love that we have new competition, but unfortunately Wind isn't an option for me until their coverage increases.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Man, I am starting to regret renewing with Fido - I hope this is how it trends for future/current cell phone providers.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-...-only-1004321/

Calgary ONLY
    $35 - Irresistable35
    - Unlimited Incoming
    - Unlimited Local
    - Unlimited Canada Wide LD
    - Unlimited U.S. Wide LD
    - Unlimited Global SMS
    - Unlimited Canada/US MMS
    - Unlimited Data
    - Call Control Features + Voicemail
    Originally posted by arian_ma