Quantcast
Custom Made Suits - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Custom Made Suits

If you do any sort of traveling a few stores to check out that have really nice, stylish suits, at really decent prices are; Topman, Inc International, H&M (UK, stuff here sucks), J.Crew, Express Design Studio, Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis and Zara (doesn't matter where, they have nice suits here at the Chinook location), there are other stores but these are the ones I can think of at the top of my head.

Also with these places they usually don't have their own tailoring services so you'd have to find your own, soo find a good tailor and know what can and cannot be tailored before purchasing a suit.

imo, it matters how often you're going to wear it. I wear suits almost every day, and so I feel like I should spend some money getting a suit that fits me properly and isn't going to wear out immediately. I don't care who the designer is, as long as those two criteria are met. What I'm struggling with is deciding between getting an off the rack suit properly tailored, or getting a MTM suit for my next purchase. I'm leaning towards going MTM and getting a good quality, fully canvassed suit that I'll be able to get some good wear out of, but I'm going to have to save up a bit.

My Ride
    WRX 265

Supreme Mens Wear.

Originally posted by krazykhoja

They are all pure wool suits and the most expensive was a chaps ralph lauren that cost ~$300. All my suits are in the $200-300 range and nobody can tell that the suits aren't more expensive, even people I know who buy suits at holt say that it looks good.

Smart Educated people can tell that your suits are not expensive and from moores. Not all, but many people who buy suits from holt are buying based on the Brand, not necessarly on the quality, although they do have good quality suits. So thats why the people who u know say you look good because there stupid.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by dexlargo
    imo, it matters how often you're going to wear it. I wear suits almost every day, and so I feel like I should spend some money getting a suit that fits me properly and isn't going to wear out immediately. I don't care who the designer is, as long as those two criteria are met. What I'm struggling with is deciding between getting an off the rack suit properly tailored, or getting a MTM suit for my next purchase. I'm leaning towards going MTM and getting a good quality, fully canvassed suit that I'll be able to get some good wear out of, but I'm going to have to save up a bit.
    I have to wear a suit daily in our profession also. A good tailor and a good quality OTR suit can be made to look just as good as a MTM suit. More often than not, you can get excellent quality canvassed suits for under $500 and have them tailored to fit like a glove for a few dollars more. I have tried the MTM route once but I don't think the additional cost is worth it. If you want a MTM suit, check out the Hart Schaffner Marx program where you send in your measurements, material choice, cut and payment, and have a suit made to your exact specifications for a relatively good price (around $1000).

Find an excellent tailor and see what she/he can do with it. I think it's more important to find a good canvassed suit before worrying much about MTM. Canvassed suits will last longer than a fused suit, drape better, and usually doesn't cost much more if you don't care about name brand as much as some of the resident brandwhores here.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Re: Re: Re: Custom Made Suits

I had this suit custom made for me by Stark Industries:

I think there are arguments to be made for all sides. I've had some suits I had custom made in China that looked great, but also didn't quite have a lot of durability to them. But for the $300 I paid for them each, I'm not going to complain. I've also bought off the rack for a suit that I really like wearing and makes me look fancy for the same price (probably a little more if you include the tailoring I had to get done), and it seems to last just as long. The only thing I haven't done is get a suit from the premium brands. Not because I don't want to, because I would like to one day. There's not debating that fit is an important issue.

I think the general approach to buying shirts should be that suits will generally be the piece of attire that gets the most usage and abuse, so durability should be an issue. I'd be more inclined to buy a more expensive, well-made, durable suit (and whether it is a premium brand is up to the buyer) that's tailored for me with a cheaper (but still fitting) dress shirt.

A poorly fitting suit over a fitted/tailored dress shirt is useless. A fitted/tailored suit over a poorly fitting dress shirt is less noticeable and more easily concealable.

Originally posted by freshprince1

It cost a bit more than $1100, but well worth it IMHO.
    Very good for every day use. I would wear this to work for an average day.

Originally posted by in*10*se

lol... you should check out the one that i'm getting made, i'll be getting May 7, 2010... shoulder mount was optional, but i splurged and it was well worth the upgrade.

It's more formal attire. One I would be willing to wear to a gala or an important dinner.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

As I mentioned Maxwell is in town later this month.

http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/

Their prices have gone up slightly. It's $150 for 3 shirts plus duties ($36). The pricing on their packages are a little higher as well but it gives you an idea.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    J

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3