Quantcast
Custom Made Suits - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Made Suits

My Ride
    Nissan

Default Custom Made Suits

Any recommendations where to get a custom made suit other than Holt, Henry Singer, Rosen ?

Hoping to get a custom made suit for ~ $1,100

Anyone had experience?

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

There's a guy who comes around every year and stays at some hotel and you can go there and get measured and they'll ship it to you in a week or 2. Suits are ~$400ish.

My Ride
    Nissan

Cool,
    Any more info?

Did you pick one up?

My Ride
    a slow bird

No offense, but why would you want to spend 1100 on a piece of cloth?

My Ride
    Nissan

I shouldn't have put a price.

Im looking for a really nice looking suit that fits me.

Last week I checked out Harry Rosen and suit that fit me was ~ $1,500. So I assumed a good deal would be ~ $1,100?

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Have you tried on a $500 suit? Personally I can't tell the difference between a $200 and $500, let alone $1000. Just me I guess, I'm hardly a suit conniseur.

http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/

there's a thread on it if you search
    J

My Ride
    a slow bird

I personally couldn't tell the difference between a 5 dollar or 1500 dollar suit , I'd say its mostly just in the brand. I would just make sure it fits good on you. No point for spending large paper on something you're going to look dumb in regardless.

My Ride
    NC1

Go take a trip to HK and get it done.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Custom suits in HK = $400 max for an excellent cut suit.

Guy that comes to Calgary is from HK and will mail your suit to you when ready.

My Ride
    02' dc5

HK suits are amazing, everyone that has had them done are extremely happy that I know. $500 or less and they look great too.

And guys, honestly whoever says they can't tell the difference between a 200 and 1500 suit is an idiot. You can tell a cheap suit from an expensive one, and if your dressing up, why dress cheap? Everyone can tell if your suit is from moores, or if its from a highend store or custom made. It's different quality completely.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Originally posted by Mys73ri0
    http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/

there's a thread on it if you search
    This is the guy TYMSMNY and I were talking about

There's a huge difference between $200 suits and made to measure suits. I used to have a $300 suit, thought it looked good, than I went to Hong Kong and actually got a made to measure suit and the difference is night and day. Get tons of compliments on it.

Originally posted by 2Valve0
    And guys, honestly whoever says they can't tell the difference between a 200 and 1500 suit is an idiot. You can tell a cheap suit from an expensive one, and if your dressing up, why dress cheap? Everyone can tell if your suit is from moores, or if its from a highend store or custom made. It's different quality completely.
    I don't agree with this at all. I used to work for Tip Top Tailors and most of my suits are from there. They are all pure wool suits and the most expensive was a chaps ralph lauren that cost ~$300. All my suits are in the $200-300 range and nobody can tell that the suits aren't more expensive, even people I know who buy suits at holt say that it looks good. The biggest thing is to buy a suit that fits properly and pair it with a matching shirt/tie combo. A $1500 suit that doesn't fit properly with a mismatched shirt/tie will look worse than a $200 suit paired with a matching shirt/tie.

To the OP, I'd check out a few other places like Tip Top or even Moores. For $1100 you can get a few pure wool suits and some shirt/tie combos as well.
    Originally posted by xLostx
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me
    Originally posted by dimi

I'm a grammar paramedic, unlike those assholes from the grammar police.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Tailored suits are the bomb. I had a bunch made in Hoi An, Vietnam. I didn't necessarily go with the most expensive wools, but they still look way better than anything I could buy off the rack because of the fit! Well woth the money spent.

My Ride
    Nissan

Thanks for all the comments.

I almost got duped into buying a $1800 suit last week. I thought thats how much the average downtown crowd spends. Will check out Moore's this weekend!

My Ride
    02' dc5

Originally posted by krazykhoja

I don't agree with this at all. I used to work for Tip Top Tailors and most of my suits are from there. They are all pure wool suits and the most expensive was a chaps ralph lauren that cost ~$300. All my suits are in the $200-300 range and nobody can tell that the suits aren't more expensive, even people I know who buy suits at holt say that it looks good. The biggest thing is to buy a suit that fits properly and pair it with a matching shirt/tie combo. A $1500 suit that doesn't fit properly with a mismatched shirt/tie will look worse than a $200 suit paired with a matching shirt/tie.

To the OP, I'd check out a few other places like Tip Top or even Moores. For $1100 you can get a few pure wool suits and some shirt/tie combos as well.
    Obviously if you get a 1500 suit that doesnt fit well it looks like shit, what a stupid comment, thats why you get it tailor'd to you. I owned a few suits from moore's and ended up gettin a Boss and a D&G suit and it is like night and day. If you are at a professional place downtown, men and woman can both tell the difference from a cheap moores/tip top suit compared to a designer suit. IMO the suits I have seen custom made I would much rather have one of them, then one from Holt etc. here.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Does Maxwell require a reservation or do you just show up when he is in town?

I like Emberto's.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by 2Valve0

Obviously if you get a 1500 suit that doesnt fit well it looks like shit, what a stupid comment, thats why you get it tailor'd to you. I owned a few suits from moore's and ended up gettin a Boss and a D&G suit and it is like night and day. If you are at a professional place downtown, men and woman can both tell the difference from a cheap moores/tip top suit compared to a designer suit. IMO the suits I have seen custom made I would much rather have one of them, then one from Holt etc. here.
    What I was trying to get at it, is you don't have to spend tons of money on a tailored suit to get something that looks good and doesn't break the bank. I was trying to make a more exaggerated point, but basically what I am saying is IMO if you buy a $200-$400 suit that fits well then there is no need to spend $1500 on a custom made suit. If you want to spend more money on a tailored suit thats great, but IMO a $200 suit thats the right fit does the job just fine. I would rather buy 4 suits and shirts/ties for $1500 than a single custom suit.
    Originally posted by xLostx
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me
    Originally posted by dimi

I'm a grammar paramedic, unlike those assholes from the grammar police.

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Originally posted by msommers
    Does Maxwell require a reservation or do you just show up when he is in town?

I like Emberto's.
    Just show up. Plenty of helpful HK tailors to help you out. Their customer service after purchase is awesome as well.

My Ride
    02' dc5

Originally posted by krazykhoja

What I was trying to get at it, is you don't have to spend tons of money on a tailored suit to get something that looks good and doesn't break the bank. I was trying to make a more exaggerated point, but basically what I am saying is IMO if you buy a $200-$400 suit that fits well then there is no need to spend $1500 on a custom made suit. If you want to spend more money on a tailored suit thats great, but IMO a $200 suit thats the right fit does the job just fine. I would rather buy 4 suits and shirts/ties for $1500 than a single custom suit.
    I suppose this is the same argument in the Rock and Republic thread. Some people like to spend less on clothes
    No saying a 200-400 suit won't look good, as I said before I have a few myself. All I'm saying is that people can tell the difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast