Quantcast
packing the lbs. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: packing the lbs.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default packing the lbs.

hey people, I was just wondering if there was a quick way to gain say...about 15 pounds really quickly ( a month or so ). hopefully you'd know of a method that is safe, healthy, not a pain and of course quick.
    I have a really high metabolism (do you know ANY fat koreans) so it can be hard for me to get the lbs.
    It doesn't have to be muscle weight, it can be fat too .

I'm 5"10 and 155 pounds, pretty lean. I think another 10-15 pounds would help a great deal towards soccer aspirations and endeavours .
    thanks.

My Ride
    B7 RS4

Substitute milk for melted Vanilla ice cream. It worked for this guy:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Well aside from the obvious and dangerous answer, creatine isn't bad, but you do still have to work out hardcore to get the bulk. Dunno how much you can expect out of a month's work though.

I know alot of fat koreans lol , umm , eat alot of Carb food , and work out ... muscle weighs more than fat
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

lots of donuts and milkshakes.... eat a plate of food every 2 hours

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

it can be fat too
    I don't think an extra 10-15 pounds of fat would work well with your soccer endeavours. But I would suggest a good work out plan/schedule and protein and creatine. I think it would be difficult to gain that amount in one month. Your probably looking at about 3 months. I gained about 10-13 pounds in 3 months with regular weight lifting/workout, protein and creatine, however, I lost it pretty quick after stopping. I used to play indoor soccer and I wouldn't say there is much advantage on being heavier, I guess depending on what position you play

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Yah, 10 Lbs is pretty hard, especially if you have a fast motabalism. Try weight gainer powders at GNC. My dad has been using it while working out for 1 month, but he only gained 8lbs. You have to weight train a certain way too, - Lots of weight, not so much reps.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

why u in such a hurry????...its winter, soccer season doesnt start for a while.......isnt there some sort of high protein bubble tea??

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by sxtasy

I don't think an extra 10-15 pounds of fat would work well with your soccer endeavours. But I would suggest a good work out plan/schedule and protein and creatine. I think it would be difficult to gain that amount in one month. Your probably looking at about 3 months. I gained about 10-13 pounds in 3 months with regular weight lifting/workout, protein and creatine, however, I lost it pretty quick after stopping. I used to play indoor soccer and I wouldn't say there is much advantage on being heavier, I guess depending on what position you play
    I'm a right midfielder in outdoor and the centreman in indoor.
    so alot of the traffic comes through me on both attack and defence and there are usually alot of bodies in the shamble. i'm one of the smaller guys in that position in my league (i play in men's league) and I tend to get pushed around alot. and it's not like I can use my skills to the extent I do in outdoor due to the extreme lack in space....so i think the weight will help me stand my ground better....but yeah...I'm taking some protein powder stuff right now and lifting weights about 30 mins a day...

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

30 minutes??...try an hour or an hour and a half man......5 days a week, try for a different muscle group everyday, dont over work the same muscle

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Do you have some kind of training program that you use? Certain "programs" will give you much better results in gaining weight. A little more weight will probably do you good in the corners and along the boards for indoor soccer.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Originally posted by 04blackMAX
    30 minutes??...try an hour or an hour and a half man......5 days a week, try for a different muscle group everyday, dont over work the same muscle
    longer workout periods don't mean better results. An hour and a half is probably too much IMO. Working different groups everyday is good though.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by sxtasy

longer workout periods don't mean better results. An hour and a half is probably too much IMO. Working different groups everyday is good though.
    do you guys have specific programs you could tell me about or suggest?

To build bulk go for 3 sets of 6-8 reps and high weight. And keep the number of exercises below 4 for each workout. i.e. on a typical day that I do tricep/chest, I'll do bench, skull crushers, dips, and peck deck. I've put on about 10lbs in the last half year but I work out almost every day...

You definitely don't want to gain the 10lbs in fat. You'll lose speed and endurance for sure.

www.freetrainers.com

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

well it mostly comes down to personal preference. I would suggest a schedule similiar to this:
    Day 1
    shoulders and stomach
    Find 3 different shoulder workouts that you like and seem to work for you. Find these excersises in a book or online.
    You can use freeweight exercises and/or use a machine.
    Do 3 sets of each exercise, about 8-10 reps in each set. By the time you finish a set you should have a very hard time doing more than 10 reps (this will help you find around what weight you should be using)
    Do 3 sets of each 3 exercises.
    Now move to your stomach workout and repeat as stated above.
    For Day 2 repeat Day 1 however focus on different areas of your body ex. legs and chest
    Seriously man, getting a book will help you a lot, finding the right workout for each muscle category and making sure you are doing the excercise right.

Of coarse some people will disagree with my workout routine and really it comes down to personal preference. After working out for a while you will find different variations of your routine that better work for you.

edit- some cardio work incorporated into your program will benefit your indoor soccer game

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Optimum protein intake for muscle gain is about 2-3g per KG of bodyweight per day. So you should be aiming for around 140g-210g of protein per day. That includes meals and any supplements.

Creatine will help you gain muscle mass, but it's only water that gets pulled into your muscles by the creatine. You will look bigger and weigh more, but be no stonger and have no more endurance. You could probably get 5lbs out of creatine if you were fully loaded up.

As people mentioned here 6-8 reps 3-4 sets and make sure you have nothing left at the end of the set. If you can do 10 reps add more weight. Remember that it also takes 48-72 hours for your muscles to recover so make sure to take rest days.

Hope this helps,

Justin

i got the same problem too its hard to gain weight n i need it i was just wondering what protein shakes would work n which ones taste good because i got some but they taste like garbage so if anyone knows any good protein shakes and what to mix it with would be great

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

^^try the higher quality GNC brand. Not too bad IMO. You can mix with milk for a better taste with the chocolate flavour. But for protein you can't be too picky with taste cause so many taste like shit

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I am a fat half korean...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast