Quantcast
How many of you out there smoke marijana? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How many of you smoke marijana?

Voters
374. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

178 47.59%
  • No

196 52.41%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How many of you out there smoke marijana?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by btimbit
    Not since grade 11. Waste of money
    Same. I just hated how stupid I felt when I smoked it. It killed my memory & affected my job performance too.

So fuck that. I wouldn't mind trying it again after all these years when Im on vacation somewhere, but for everyday living? no way.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by 4lti

Wow.
    I hope you didnt answer yes the the threads question then just posted this shit!

Its PCP he smokes in that scene.
    Not laced weed.

thanks tips

My Ride
    89 Ram, 05 Pursuit, 05 Honda Civic SI, 98 Cavalier

Enjoy it regularly IN MODERATION ... it is a matter ofopinion, everyone has their own ... I like to smoke ... others like to drink, others play computer games, yadda yadda yadda ...
    in regards to memory effects, etc. - seems I have no problems ... I am in a responsible position in my career - yes career, not job... I smoke daily - after work nightly. I also occasionally enjoy a beer with it.
    As far as "lacing the weed" ... as a regular smoker I know if what I am getting is not right - funny looks, odd weight - it's all an experience factor in preventing yourself from getting screwed. Yes once I have purchased somethign that was "laced" with something ... that was probably the second time I ever bought - and since then have been very picky as to what i buy and whom i buy from. Funny smell, texture, weight, size, blah blah blah ... nope not touching it ...
    As far as legalization ... I am behind it for so many reasons ... [begin rant]
    It is illegal, therefore it promotes everyone to be doing it ... any kid who is around has tried it only for the fact that they have been told no - a good older friend of mine was so open about it with her daughter - mom offered it to daughter in her teens, they did together once , daughter never touched again - not so fun if its allowed! And I will be the same with my son when he grows up - I will be open to him about it and allow him to do so ... I'd prefer he did it safe and sound at home than with a bunch of friends in a back alley. Nonetheless, if it is open and not illegal, it's not so attractive to the kids.
    Which brings up the next point ... kids hanging around hiding smoking it ... thus bringing the vandalism, graffiti, littering etc.
    Smoking is no diff than drinking ... if anything it's better .. as mentioned in a previous post, no hangover!
    How much violence is raised as a result of the legality? Gangs or dealers running against each other in the streets, of course there's going to be some violence there - add in the cops coming in for a bust - guns and various weapons flying around ... not so safe for the rest of us.
    Regulate the shit and tax the hell out of it just like booze and tobacco. Dealers must be licensed by the gov't to sell it, must report all incomes, etc. etc. etc - for what its worth most of the dealers would give up on the biz and go elsewhere...
    I would like to see the government's actual costs of running drug teams vs profit if they legalized it.
    How much does it cost to run these specialized tactics teams for busting ops and dealers? vs how much would they MAKE by taxing the hell out of it?
    [/end rant]
    That's all for now ...
    The best rules to form a young man are: to talk little, to hear much, to reflect alone upon what has passed in company, to distrust one's own opinions, and value others that deserve it.
    Sir William Temple

My Ride
    wrx wagon

i smoke weed fairly often. imo its pretty simple, if you don't like it, don't do it.

My Ride
    93 integra

It's pretty damn stupid how it's viewed...Really me and my gf are pretty much the most peaceful people you will ever meet and so are most of our friends who we smoke with.

Nothing beats sitting by the river or a lake, or the ocean, or in the woods, mountains, etc with a nice joint to share with between a couple friends.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Rarely.

I will if friends offer to share the weed or have some on hand, but I don't go out of my way to buy any or smoke myself.

I'm more of the casual toker at parties, get-togethers, BBQs etc.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Originally posted by slinkie

thanks tips
    Well do you want me to put up a video of a guy smoking crack and say

"LOL LACED WEED"

No cause its not weed at all. Its crack.
    That clip smokey isnt bitching caused its laced. Hes bitching cause its PCP....Which isnt weed.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default ye everyday.

+1 loves.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    C3P0

Originally posted by ekguy

Me and my gf don't need to get stoned when we go to a movie or go to a concert but we definitely enjoy it alot more if we do.

District 9 was incredible stoned, I don't think I would of liked it much if not. And going to Atmosphere sober would of been a sin haha.
    Haha I quite agree with the Atmosphere concert. That was, let's say, entertaining.
    d(-_-)b

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by ekguy
    Nothing beats sitting by the river or a lake, or the ocean, or in the woods, mountains, etc with a nice joint to share with between a couple friends.
    Yeah, pretty amazing times we had doing the same things.
    Some of the most deep philosophical introspective talks I or anybody else has ever had while just royally baked out in some amazing spot, either on the top of a mountain or by a beautiful lake mid summer.
    One of the few reasons Id ever get back into it.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Wow, I didn't expect this to be a near 50/50 split.

Originally posted by Pollywog
    Wow, I didn't expect this to be a near 50/50 split.
    really? i thought there would be more potheads, being that the majority of respondents are teenage males who are into riced civics.
    Last edited by nonlinear; 04-27-2010 at 11:17 PM.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

I started smoking when everyone went to Uni after HS and I stayed back with all the people that didn't get in/didn't care. Smoked like a chimney for that year, then got into Engineering and cut back. During the summers I would smoke 2-3 times a day. Third and fourth year I smoked 4-5 times a week during school.

I haven't smoked since Sept. 15th (fieldwork + weed = no). I still have the desire, and absolutely love the smell.

Since I stopped smoking I have noticed two main things. My memory has come roaring back, and I have become more of an asshole/easily annoyed with people. Definitely a shorter fuse, and more aggressive.

Ill start smoking again on weekends when I don't have fieldwork anymore...

Im betting in about 10 years marijuana will be readily available from dispensaries throughout canada much like BC and California.

fuck I love weed
    -Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival-

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
    I started smoking when everyone went to Uni after HS and I stayed back with all the people that didn't get in/didn't care. Smoked like a chimney for that year, then got into Engineering and cut back. During the summers I would smoke 2-3 times a day. Third and fourth year I smoked 4-5 times a week during school.

I haven't smoked since Sept. 15th (fieldwork + weed = no). I still have the desire, and absolutely love the smell.

Since I stopped smoking I have noticed two main things. My memory has come roaring back, and I have become more of an asshole/easily annoyed with people. Definitely a shorter fuse, and more aggressive.

Ill start smoking again on weekends when I don't have fieldwork anymore...
    I agree with you 100%. Whenever I take a little break (yes I do cool off of weed sometimes) even for a few days I get so irritated by people it's not even funny. I wouldn't be able to do my job without smoking hehe. I don't at or before work but I definitely do after work.

Marc Emery has been extradited

This may help lighten the mood, What do you get when a cop has his first hit of Marijuanna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

nope.

but i could care less if anyone else smokes it.

My Ride
    95 240SX

+1 smoker.

The thing i love about the misconceptions about marijuana is how so off the wall most people are. A few points I have noticed about people who have never smoked pot:

-They think its a hallucinogen. You see stuff on weed? i dont think so. No tracers, no pink elephants, nothing. You get more visual impairment from cough syrup.

-Its addicting. Wrong. THC has no addictive properties and there are no other chemicals in marijuana that are addicting. Yes, you become habitual, but its not an addiction like nicotine or cocaine.

-Pot sellers are the seediest, most unruly and unkempt people. Again, wrong. Most pot dealers are your regular joe who likes to smoke it and wants to make a bit of extra cash on the side. They aren't funding terrorists or gangs. The growers are usually the same type of person as well. Of course there are exceptions to these, but generally its the guy next door.

-Contact high. This one comes up a lot it seems. People seem to think that if your near someone who smells like weed, your gonna get high. If their clothes are smoking, yeah, maybe....

-it makes you dumb. FUCK NO. Smoking does not make you dumb. It hurts your short term memory and may make you think/talk about the DUMBEST shit, but its not going to turn a smart person into a kid with down syndrome. I'll argue that people who are drunk do/say/act more like a retard than any stoner i know.

The war on drugs has made people stupid. Not the drugs themselves.

I don't like the side effect of making me eat every damn thing in sight.

Why does plain white soft dollar bread taste so good I swear you don't need caviar when you've got a good one going and have a 99 cent bag o chips.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Meh, ambition is overrated.

If I was more ambitious I would have rolled over Rob Anders in a M1A1 Abrahams a long time ago.

Most people who are attracted to marijuanna have no typical ambition to start with either. Canada is particularily good at destroying ambition in general. I mean really - we as a nation would never ever have the ambition to create something like a mission to the moon programme.

I might be a hard labour farmer - If Canada could actually divvy up land. Hell, even our leaders prorogue every other year and take a month long paid holiday.

Now - as to whether or not that is a good or bad thing is debateable.

Ambition has changed a lot. Its now possible to achieve mental and spiritual ambitions which people tend to place higher value on then material ambitions. Case in point: The ridiculous number of people I know who have probably spent more time in the last year on some virtual game (WoW) to achieve some virtual achievement than actual hours on dollar earning work.

It all depends on what you place value on... And I get the feeling more and more Canadians are more content with spiritual achievements than material ones. Which can lead one to - Mary Jane.

You know Mary - the one looking for the two hour orgasm instead of the big diamond ring
    Last edited by praytothelowerd; 05-12-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast