Quantcast
Vancouver Park Board passed a new law banning smoking on beaches - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Park Board passed a new law banning smoking on beaches

Originally posted by spikers

I didn't say it was good FOR YOU, i said i loved smoking. I didn't say it was healthy for you.

and yes, I am whipped, but what married man isn't.
    So did you want to quit smoking for the sake of your family or not? Simple question; Yes or No... No need to try to justify anything to me as long as you're okay with it in your own mind.

PS, I'm married and not whipped, we enjoy things together and also things that don't involve each other. It's very complex to discribe but if you can achive it, it's well worth it.
    Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Jesus titty fucking christ...
    He didn't want to quit smoking, but he did for the good of his family.
    You trying to twist that to mean that he wanted to do right by his family and hence must have wanted to quit smoking is deliberately obtuse. You either know exactly what he meant and are just being contrary, or you're a fucking moron.
    I didn't want to come into work today, but I did because someone needs to pay the mortgage. By your retarded circular logic, that means I really did want to come into work today.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Why do people hate on smokers for smoking cigarettes but no one hates on fat obese people for eating too much? same shit

My Ride
    G37S

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    Why do people hate on smokers for smoking cigarettes but no one hates on fat obese people for eating too much? same shit
    Truth.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Originally posted by Modelexis

It's 2010 and only really ignorant, or people with really low levels of intelligence still smoke.
    You write something like that and you're calling other people ignorant or stupid? How about ridiculing yourself before others? If people want to smoke then let them, exception being if they're indoors in a public place or deliberately bothering you. Some close friends smoke and they're in incredible shape and VERY healthy. A couple are professional mountain guides which takes a LOT of intelligence (frequently making decisions that really do put your life on the line), combined with an incredible amount of fitness. It's their choice, let them. I personally don't smoke, but I'm not going to make ridiculous statements like this about people who do. Smarten the fuck up.
    Last edited by Gurpy; 04-26-2010 at 09:32 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    Uh, I do My favourite line is "you fat sack of crap"

I don't care if they ban smoking on a beach or a park. I'm a smoker and I don't care if I can't smoke in public. Really isn't a big deal imho. Howver if the govt says I can't smoke outside in my garage or in my car I will care. Btw I don't toss butts out the window in my car they go into my ashtray. I used to ride bike and some asshole smoker flicked a butt that got caught in my jacket and started to cause a small fire and burn my chest.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I really don't care if people want to smoke or not, just dont do it where your second hand smoke might hurt me. I made a choice not to smoke, why should someone else's dangerous habit hurt me?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by spikers

you are more than welcome to throw roundhouses all you like, it is when you make contact with someone else that makes it assault.

the comparison can be made for smoking, however, exhaling smoke is not illegal, and as such makes your comparison moot.
    Doh.. I was hoping nobody would notice that... :P

I wonder if anyone would call it illegal if I started burning 50 gallon drums full of leaves and grass clippings with some tobacco leaves mixed in downtown?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

the air you breathe, the food you eat, and everything else you do is also dangerous to your health. Processed food will kill you, unless you are eating a pure organic diet odds are you will get cancer from the chemicals that is in your food.

We are all going to die young cause the governement chooses how to fuck us, they ban weed and steroids and everything else that is not that bad for you, but won't ban alcohol and smokes which are super bad for you. fuck them, if they say you can smoke and sell smokes and make a profit off of them, you should be able to enjoy them everywhere, they dont want you to smoke stop fucking selling them.

I don't personally care that people smoke in public, but what I do care about is that they leave their butts wherever the fuck they want (not all, but enough that they are all over the fucking place)...

People are going to do bad shit to themselves forever, and it is their life to do so, but trying to be somewhat respectful to those around you so that they are not constantly cleaning up your mess from your habits, be that picking up your butts, needles, big mac wrappers or whatever...

people who litter =

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by FraserB
    I really don't care if people want to smoke or not, just dont do it where your second hand smoke might hurt me. I made a choice not to smoke, why should someone else's dangerous habit hurt me?
    Got any statistics that say second hand smoke from outdoor smoking is worse then other forms of air pollution? I'd sure like to see those because you're basically just saying the same thing I've always heard people who don't smoke complain about.

My Ride

Originally posted by theken
    unless you are eating a pure organic diet odds are you will get cancer from the chemicals that is in your food.

HAHAHAHA.
    O'RLY?

EDIT: But I get what you're saying, and generally agree with it.
    I just find it funny that in your post about how people overreact to overhyped health concerns, you overreact to an overhyped health concern.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 04-27-2010 at 08:40 AM.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Gurpy

You write something like that and you're calling other people ignorant or stupid? How about ridiculing yourself before others? If people want to smoke then let them, exception being if they're indoors in a public place or deliberately bothering you. Some close friends smoke and they're in incredible shape and VERY healthy. A couple are professional mountain guides which takes a LOT of intelligence (frequently making decisions that really do put your life on the line), combined with an incredible amount of fitness. It's their choice, let them. I personally don't smoke, but I'm not going to make ridiculous statements like this about people who do. Smarten the fuck up.
    Why would your friends deliberately do something that compromises their job performance? There's a difference between intelligence and wisdom, and it sounds like they might be smart but not very wise. Tell me how healthy they are when they get lung cancer. Your post and the post you're quoting are both ridiculous.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by TKRIS

HAHAHAHA.
    O'RLY?

EDIT: But I get what you're saying, and generally agree with it.
    I just find it funny that in your post about how people overreact to overhyped health concerns, you overreact to an overhyped health concern.
    Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have benzonol in them, tell me how that is better for you.

i've ate millions of nuggets ... deal with it

My Ride

Originally posted by theken

Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have benzonol in them, tell me how that is better for you.
    What do you mean "better" for you? Better than what?
    If the point you were trying to make is that an apple is better for you than a McNugget, I agree.
    But what you actually said implies that eating a McNugget is likely to give you cancer, which is ridiculous.

Most people won't ever get cancer, and most people don't eat an "organic" diet. Unless you'd like to refute either or those assertions, how do you figure that "odds are" the chemicals in the foods the vast majority of people eat will give them cancer?

And that's not even getting into the issue of causation vs. correlation.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Originally posted by HyperZell

Why would your friends deliberately do something that compromises their job performance? There's a difference between intelligence and wisdom, and it sounds like they might be smart but not very wise. Tell me how healthy they are when they get lung cancer. Your post and the post you're quoting are both ridiculous.
    Because it doesn't? If they were hacking away at the end of a big push then sure I'd agree with you. But they're not. Smoking for them really doesn't affect cardio at all (or enough to actually be noticeable) since they're out most days racking a LARGE amount of vertical. A friend that smokes even competes in ski mountaineering races, and does quite well. You're at risk of cancer by doing many things in this day and age (look at what you eat), it's a risk that they're willing to take and that's their choice. I just think the stigma smokers get is ridiculous, and everyone should be allowed to make their own choices without being ridiculed by people who think they're holier than thou even though they probably do things which are just as bad for themselves.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

I just get headaches and hate the smell of smoke is all.

One wiff, it's like an insta-headache.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

The fact of the matter is that smoking does harm to you and the people around you AND the environment when you litter.

Should the government ban smoking out right, you bet they should. Can they realistically do this, no, so they use every trick in the book to make it as painful and expensive to be a smoker.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast