Quantcast
Conservatives refuses to fund abortion in G8 plan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives refuses to fund abortion in G8 plan

Default Conservatives refuses to fund abortion in G8 plan

A hint of the socially conservative agenda.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1547671/
    Last edited by Nusc; 06-11-2010 at 02:20 PM.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Good. Explain to me exactly Why canadian tax payers should have to Pay for abortions in other countries? Especially during a recession. We have enough if our own problems to deal with before wasting millions on countries that dont want to be helped.

The liberal mind fascinates me with it's backwards logic.
    Last edited by 3g4u; 04-27-2010 at 07:26 AM.
    Member since 2003.

Originally posted by 3g4u
    Good. Explain to me exactly Why canadian tax payers should have to Pay for abortions in other countries? Especially during a recession. We have enough if our own problems to deal with before wasting millions on countries that dont want to be helped.

The liberal mind fascinates me with it's backwards logic.
    Speaking of backwards logic, thinking that by choosing to fund women through the process of childbirth but not offering abortion is saving millions is up there. This is a purely 'base-support' motivated move to placate the people who thought Stockwell Day was a swell leader, nothing more.

As for why, as mentioned in the article, there are many deaths coming from childbirth and with countries that can have very young mothers. Its bad for both the mother and the baby that wouldn't survive either. There is no maternal health initiative that shouldn't have abortion as an option, especially in developing countries.

Why should my tax money be going to pay for abortions?

If you want me to agree to paying for abortions I will do so only if the woman is sterilized in the process so that I am not paying for her multiple abortions after the first one.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by kertejud2

As for why, as mentioned in the article, there are many deaths coming from childbirth and with countries that can have very young mothers. Its bad for both the mother and the baby that wouldn't survive either. There is no maternal health initiative that shouldn't have abortion as an option, especially in developing countries.
    I find the issue is getting abortions just because you got pregnant. For some reason, I doubt the conservatives are saying "no" to abortions in the case of death for the mother (or rape), but they are saying "no" to abortions for whoever wants one, which is what the liberals would want if funding was put in place.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I find the issue is getting abortions just because you got pregnant. For some reason, I doubt the conservatives are saying "no" to abortions in the case of death for the mother (or rape), but they are saying "no" to abortions for whoever wants one, which is what the liberals would want if funding was put in place.
    No, they're saying no to abortions. By not funding people who can provide abortions in a safe and supervised manner.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by sputnik

If you want me to agree to paying for abortions I will do so only if the woman is sterilized in the process so that I am not paying for her multiple abortions after the first one.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Feruk

Just a thought, but I bet it would be cheaper for your tax dollar wallet to fund an abortion than 20 years of welfare for a single mother that cannot afford a child.

The real question is, should you have tax money taken from you and distributed to others?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by kertejud2

No, they're saying no to abortions. By not funding people who can provide abortions in a safe and supervised manner.
    As I said, its a double edged sword. If they fund one type of abortion, the liberals will make it so it funds the other. I have no doubts the true conservatives are against all abortions, but I would like to believe I have enough logic in my head to see that in some cases it can be good.

Originally posted by sputnik
    Well if we're talking about foreign abortions its mostly because you're paying for maternal health anyway, and abortion can be a favorable option in many instances. Not to mention its far more fiscally prudent to boot.

But it could also be that even if you're not paying for foreign abortions, you're still paying for the ones at home. As for the why, its because you live in this country and are subject to its laws, and the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that abortions are good to go.

If you really cared about tax dollars you'd just sterilize everybody. Would save money on contraception and maternal health. Win, win. What's the point in whining about paying for abortions but be willing to pay for multiple pregnancies. Is having more babies than you can support really better than getting a couple more abortions?

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

As I said, its a double edged sword. If they fund one type of abortion, the liberals will make it so it funds the other. I have no doubts the true conservatives are against all abortions, but I would like to believe I have enough logic in my head to see that in some cases it can be good.
    Why does the type of abortion matter? It doesn't matter here, why should it where we're paying for maternal health?

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

People act suprised when they hear the "Conservative" gov't won't fund abortions. What would you expect?

I for one am glad my tax dollars are not going to fund abortions in some other country.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I am very pro-choice, but I'm glad as hell my government isn't going to use my tax dollars for 3rd world abortions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I am very pro-choice, but I'm glad as hell my government isn't going to use my tax dollars for 3rd world abortions.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Overpopulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

Who's interest are you serving? The will of the people or the will of that which you worship?

The backwards person is you.
    Last edited by Nusc; 04-27-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Originally posted by 3g4u
    Especially during a recession. We have enough if our own problems to deal with before wasting millions on countries that dont want to be helped.
    Corporate tax cuts is a good way to solve our own problems.

Originally posted by Modelexis

The real question is, should you have tax money taken from you and distributed to others?
    The OP is not addressing the libertarian philosophy.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I highly doubt that, unless you're pissed off about them sending money to the third world in general

Oh those dirty dirty sluts in third world countries, how dare they get pregnant and then not want to die or have their child starve. Learn some self control

Originally posted by Antonito
    I highly doubt that, unless you're pissed off about them sending money to the third world in general
    Its a common theme. Just ask the Teabaggers.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Antonito

Oh those dirty dirty sluts in third world countries, how dare they get pregnant and then not want to die or have their child starve. Learn some self control
    Hmmm, I misspoke. I should say I wouldn't want more money going to 3rd worlds (than what already is), to be specifically spent on abortions there, but yes, I don't like that my money goes out of Canada, in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast