Quantcast
Ideas for NHL11 (PS3 / XBOX) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for NHL11 (PS3 / XBOX)

Originally posted by mdeluxe

oh I was talking about the whole music selection point he made..not about passing
    Either I am confused or you misunderstood.

Hakkola is saying you can already do what you desired to have in NHL 11 pertaining to listening to your own music in NHL 10 on PS3 and I am pretty certain you can do it on Xbox as well.

Diving.. I think it could add an interesting element, and I'm sure the douche bags would find a way to exploit it

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by DelSoln
    -Skills challenge
    -Goalies should be able to get hurt
    -Have a stat for blocked shots
    -Suspensions?
    -Be able to get kicked out of the faceoff circle
    You can get suspended, Goalies can get hurt, and they'd have to make a more interactive faceoff in order to get kicked out. Its a set stance and draw, sure you can jump the gun sometimes but it doesn't benefit you most of the time. So why waste more time with how it stands, pointless feature.

I had a goalie once, forget what team, take a boomer off the bucket and was out 2-3 weeks with a concussion. Think it was dipietro, no surprise there for that band aid.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by md14
    Diving.. I think it could add an interesting element, and I'm sure the douche bags would find a way to exploit it
    Which kind of diving? You can already dive on D to block shots or are you talking about diving to draw calls?

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by ryder_23

You can get suspended, Goalies can get hurt, and they'd have to make a more interactive faceoff in order to get kicked out. Its a set stance and draw, sure you can jump the gun sometimes but it doesn't benefit you most of the time. So why waste more time with how it stands, pointless feature.

I had a goalie once, forget what team, take a boomer off the bucket and was out 2-3 weeks with a concussion. Think it was dipietro, no surprise there for that band aid.
    Really? That is sweet. I have never had either of the 2 happen. By the way how did you get suspended?

My Ride
    GTI

Really? That is sweet. I have never had either of the 2 happen. By the way how did you get suspended?
    I've received suspensions for hitting from behind resulting in an injury.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Can you do a slap-pass in '10? That'd be a nice addition in '11.
    Nooooooo

Slap-pass ruined NHL08. It made one timer goals so easy. I'm glad it's gone.

I'd like to see

- Smarter defense AI on the PP. seems like they're never in the right spot when you need 'em.
    - Authentic goalie masks
    - Blood. For eg, you high stick a guy and he bleeds, you get 4 mins. Or a puck hits someone in the face, they rush off the ice holding their face with blood gushing out. Haha.
    - I like the goalies being fair game suggestion, along with goalie interference penalties.
    - More battles in front of the net.
    - Smarter game simming when in season/GM mode. I hate when the regular season ends and you have to simulate days, but you have no idea when the playoffs start so you end up halfway through your series.
    - Addition of CHL would be sweet.
    - Olympic mode based on rosters from this year's games
    - Fix the annoying AI glitch where the computer players pass the puck around your blue line for 30s second before they finally dump it in.

Hmm, that's about it for now.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by viff3r

- Fix the annoying AI glitch where the computer players pass the puck around your blue line for 30s second before they finally dump it in.
    I don't think that's a glitch, you've just watched too much Flames hockey where they just dump and chase, AI is trying to carry the puck in and dumps it when it can't

I think the goalies can be a bit more realistic, and when you watch the scoresheet during simulation goals are too streaky, one team scores four then the other does.

What I would LOVE to see is highlights from other games between periods like back in 94.

1. I'd like to be able to make the goalie stand up after going down on a save or rush him out of the net to do a one timer pass to catch teams making a change. (I know you can select him and direct him to the loose puck but I want him to race his ass off to make the pass and send it to the far blue line)

2. I want to be able to direct the man in front to tip shots not just have the AI decide to tip.

3. During playoffs I want to have highlights of whats going on with other playoff series.

4. Replay video editing. I want to be able to edit my replay to play with multi-angle shots in one play back.
    Last edited by nine5ej1; 04-29-2010 at 02:49 PM.

You guys reminded me of more stuff I'd like to see.

Keep in mind I play NHL 10 97% Online.

When I watch the highlights of each game it seems like it's only of what happened in the 3rd period. If I scored a nice goal in the first, I won't likely see it.

Easier save highlight/replay option to view later/online.

Goalies sometimes comes out of the net to play to puck but often just waits until the puck slowly drifts to them only to have the other team streaking down and getting a last attempt. I hate that! I guess, in essence, I'd like better goalie AI.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Like hakk said, hitting from behind was one of them, might of even gotten a slash or something. Worst is those stupid 5 minutes for interference, might of even gotten a suspension for that. Ya, the goalie played the game, but at the end said he was out with a concussion. I couldn't believe it.

My Ride
    Silverado

im surpirsed no one has mentioned that it is way to easy to have the puck knocked off your stick on a break away.. Like the defense could just touch your skate with the tip of his stick and you loose the puck.. O_o

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

I just wish they would fix AI awareness. There are way too many instances where the AI would not react properly to the developing play, i.e. having the puck chipped out of the offensive zone while on the PP, and having the D-men stand around and slowly back up. Annoying!

Also, bigger events like hitting through the glass or over the boards, plus removing the glitches (avoiding hits with board play, baiting the AI after the whistle and getting a free PP, etc).
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, I'd like to see hitting through the glass, or breaking the glass with a slap shot.

Also would be nice if I could customize the rosters on Be A Pro, and export the character with equipment into other game types.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

They also need to take away the goalie super pass, you know the one where my guy is right in front of him waiting for him to throw it into the slot but every time it goes right through me and 2 or 3of my team mates and connects with his player.

I'd want my guys to be a little more aware of the blue line. That little awkward spinorama at the blue line that goes out is just not cool.

Ability to get kicked from the faceoff, and off the faceoff be able to play it forward (not sure if this isnt already possible)

They should introduce celebrations after a goal

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

They seriously need to fix the cross crease one timer goal on EASHL.... that is all my team goes for and we have 3 gold medals now. Its just way too easy. Fix it.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by ryder_23
    You can get suspended, Goalies can get hurt.

You don't get suspensions in NHL '10, just game misconducts. I should know, I once injured five Canucks in a game with boarding and hitting from behind penalties. I injure a LOT of people in that game, and none of my players have ever been suspended.

I know goalies can get hurt, but I've only ever seen the player transaction ticker mention that a goalie got hurt. Never seen a goaltender get injured during a game I was playing.

I'm playing Be a GM, FWIW.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    TDi

Anyone up for some nhl 10 ps3 games today? I've a full off!

Edit: add me jrys
    Last edited by 403ep3; 05-05-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

I guess I'm the only guy who absolutely hated 2010?

NHL09 was the best hockey game I ever played but 2010 is the same thing with some shitty board play (aka bored play), shitty first person fighting, still terrible goalie saves and overall AI, the animations are the same as 09, i felt i was playing a slightly more polished game from the year before but not leaps and bounds better, especially for the $70 pricetag.

2011 has to be completely overhauled for me to buy it.

Too much of the same and I might give 2k11 a try

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast