Quantcast
Flight Deck Out of business!!?? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flight Deck Out of business!!??

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Speaking of that area... I was at Tea Pot, what horrible service, think they discriminated against me. Other people getting their food earlier when clearly we ordered first.

Then as I was paying ($27 bill, I gave two $20 bills), the casiher took the money, then this Chinese lady comes up from behind and waited change from a $5... then from the loonies and toonie she wanted fuckin' some quarters.... then the cashier chick tries to claim I only paid her $20...

Then this table claimed a guy server "touched her food", then the other servers tries to make them take the food, etc... but they finally took the food back to the kitchen, probably for the next table.
    Indian place in the north did this to me once. 10 of us (mostly white) had like a $140 bill, so everyone threw there money in, I counted it twice, we had like 170, so a decent tip too. I go to the front, pay the guy, everyone is standing around sort of looking at the sweets and stuff, the older indian fellow puts it all in the cash register then is like "That was only 140, you owe me 30". So I laughed at him then we peaced out. Sorry. No Drama.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by natejj

Indian place in the north did this to me once. 10 of us (mostly white) had like a $140 bill, so everyone threw there money in, I counted it twice, we had like 170, so a decent tip too. I go to the front, pay the guy, everyone is standing around sort of looking at the sweets and stuff, the older indian fellow puts it all in the cash register then is like "That was only 140, you owe me 30". So I laughed at him then we peaced out. Sorry. No Drama.
    Bill was $140, he agreed that it was $140...and then told u that you owe him some imaginary tip? Story has holes.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Well the food and service improved over time at the flight deck, usally went once a month give or take.

But the management was an epic fail! The Heating/AC/Lighting control/Music can all be grouped into bad management and it slowly got even worse over time.

I never went, but I understand the place had zero aviation theme inside... is that true?

Seems silly... the 'Flight Deck' that is/was apparently owned by a group of WestJet pilots (unsure if this is 100% true) would have no aviation flavor inside...

..sure, the aircraft spotting off the deck is ideal... but that's it?

My Ride
    CBR 929

Lived near it the whole time and never ate there once.
    Have heard nothing but bad reviews about most of the restaurants in that complex. The only one I go to is Saigon Pearl.

[url]

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Bill was $140, he agreed that it was $140...and then told u that you owe him some imaginary tip? Story has holes.
    This was over a year ago, I don't remember the details. The cliffs notes are, $20-30 "dissapeared" convenientley after he filed our money in the register and thought he could make the white kids uncomfortable and pay. Me, being half brown, would have none of it.

white people scared of confrontation and being said racist.
    white people rather have quiet and go. and then not come back instead of make scene. minors know this and know dishonest take extra monies.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by rob the knob
    white people scared of confrontation and being said racist.
    white people rather have quiet and go. and then not come back instead of make scene. minors know this and know dishonest take extra monies.
    You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. I applaud your english.

went to flight deck a few weeks ago with some friends for the Flames game, hi balls were $3 ..."AWESOME" we thought, like a rediculous amount of drinks later we're sitting there barely buzzed when we shoul d be barely standing. It tasted watered down

The whole set up was stupid -there wasn't any good seats for all those tv's up the wall, we switched seats like 4 times trying to find a decent view lol

My Ride
    Lariat

i didnt mind it the couple times i went, pretty good beer selection. also im surprised they could run out of money cause i thought it was owned by a few of the west jet guys
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Lariat

i didnt mind it the couple times i went, pretty good beer selection. also im surprised they could run out of money cause i thought it was owned by a few of the west jet guys
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    Lariat

woops double post
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

Actually I am sad. Yeah it wasn't the best place but besides woodies it is the closest bar to me. Food was expensive and the heating issues were crazy but overall wasn't horrible.

I must have been one of the last customers. It was open one day for lunch, closed for dinner the next.

Honestly I bet the HA's had to get their hidden coke out as the heat was on. Haha
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by asp integra
    A couple of WestJet Pilots, not the WestJet guys

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by masoncgy
    I never went, but I understand the place had zero aviation theme inside... is that true?

Seems silly... the 'Flight Deck' that is/was apparently owned by a group of WestJet pilots (unsure if this is 100% true) would have no aviation flavor inside...

..sure, the aircraft spotting off the deck is ideal... but that's it?
    It had a bit sometimes they would have plane slide shows on the tv's and sometimes they had aviation movies on.

The investors were a mix of exhisting and ex westjet people and outside investors.

My Ride
    Lease

Wonder if that place was built as pilot's private lounge before a flight.

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by bignerd
    Lived near it the whole time and never ate there once.
    Have heard nothing but bad reviews about most of the restaurants in that complex. The only one I go to is Saigon Pearl.
    Saigon Pearl is terrible too.
    I've only ate at Flight Deck once and the food sucked, never went back afterwards.

I dont mind saigon pearl actually... its not the best.. but i think the pho is $7 there.. pretty good price i think.

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Word on the TVs- they had 2 or 3 times as many screens as they needed in that open area but when you go sit in one of those booths, the view of the TVs was just shite. The food was shite but the beer was decent. I remember a year ago, they were trying to turn it into bar/club on Saturday nights but I guess it... never took off/ didn't fly/ couldn't get off the ground. I never checked it out but like someone said, the area could use a bar/lounge kind of place. Lots of cougs and 20-something moochers in the surrounding areas to hit it up. I think a problem was the atmosphere in the place- slightly more classy than Boston Pizza but not much more fun than that. But I'm a big fan of the building/design and someone with some creativity definitely needs to turn it into something else.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by no_joke
    I guess it... never took off/ didn't fly/ couldn't get off the ground.
    I got the pun... I like your stylz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2