Quantcast
douchebag driver banned3x going to jail? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: douchebag driver banned3x going to jail?

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Default anyone here been to jail?

this is a seriuos thread. please keep it on topic. no i am NOT trolling.

but has anyone been to jail?
    are you aloud electronics like ipods/iphones?
    do they have areas for xbox/ps3?
    do they have live?
    im guessing they dont but are inmates aloud to go online like on the internet?
    whats it like in there?
    what do you do all day?
    can you give a me a rough schedule of a daily routine. thnx
    i know for a fact canadian jails a more liein then american jail i heard jail in canada is like heaven. is this true?

I have never been but a friend of mine just did 6 months for trafficing.

He wasnt allowed to be on facebook but managed to check it/update his status every once and a while.

He lived in a detention center where you its basically like living in a dorm. Access to cable tv but no xbox or the like (not that he mentioned anyways)

In the end he got out with his first year of welding and while working he was earning money.

He was caught with a fair bit of coke and had money siezed in the $100k and up range so it wasnt for a gram hidden in his shoe.

The laws in canada a lacking and although he said he will never deal again he emphises that its not because of the punishment, its because of where his life could head (murdered ect)

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Planning ahead are we? lol

Most of the questions you asked would all be relevant to what you were convicted for, length of stay, and of course your behavior.

When there, you have duties. (laundry, janitorial, etc.) which takes up most of your day.

Some institutions do have gaming/TV/internet areas. Again, access is determined by many factors.

The facilities are generally acceptable, but not the greatest. Usually cold.

Inmates can become very bored. Some read many books, work out to the point they can lift cars, some even take post-secondary by correspondence.

The rest of the questions I will leave up to someone else to answer.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Blue boy

I spent 10 years in LOMPOC, its a shithole

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    I spent 10 years in LOMPOC, its a shithole
    you'll die before you go back

My Ride
    2002 Accord

You can't go to jail for the actions in my sig, can you?
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

Jail is fun. Highly recommended. The service is great and they make sure someone is always looking after you. It is almost like an old folks home for fuck ups.

^ I went on a tour of the Drumheller penitentiary and received the answers to some of your questions. This was a one day visit, so someone who's actually spent time inside will definitely be able to correct me where I'm wrong.

The inmates there can have televisions and game equipment in their cells, but it had to be on an approved list. I think that they could only have shitty obsolete ones. They definitely don't have live access - there's no internet access for them in the cells. I don't recall if they had limited internet access in certain other areas or not. They might.

As a part of our tour, they showed us photos and examples of ways people had tried to smuggle stuff into jail inside the little TVs they could have, and consoles, etc. They said that they were trying to change the system so that the inmates could still have TVs and game consoles, but that they had to buy them from the jail, not bring their own in. This would be to cut down on the smuggling.

They definitely can't have iPhones - cell phones are a huge no-no, but I'm not sure if they couldn't have an iPod. Probably not a modern one with wireless in it, but an older one might be okay if it can't easily be turned into a weapon or something - but I'm just guessing for that.

There are programs in the jail for doing school, drug and alcohol treatment - AA meetings, etc. They also had a really good gym.

Inmates can wear their own clothes in Drumheller, but I think they have to earn it with good behaviour. I saw lots of guys wearing jeans and sweatshirts/T-shirts/jerseys that were definitely not jail issued.

They have their own individual cells there, but they are not very big. The guy in charge of the block told us that in the past they've been overcrowded and had people doubling up in cells - but they try to avoid that, because riots are more likely when that's going on.

They also told us (but you might need to take it with a grain of salt) that rapes are extremely rare - most sex inside is consensual. Also that most people who get beat up are not people who committed sex assaults, etc. (they never say what any inmate is in for). Most people who get beat up have run up a drug, or other kind of debt in the prison and haven't paid it when they were supposed to.

Nothing untoward happened during our visit. We spent most of the day walking around in amongst the population, and there were some women with us, but aside from a few stares, nothing happened.

I'm not sure about their schedule or anything else like that. I know that they try to give the inmates something to do, otherwise they get bored and that's one of the things that make riots happen. They've had riots there in the past, and whole cell blocks have burned down.

My Ride
    Spaceship

^^^ Basically nailed it on point.

I always wondered if they got around to letting peeps have a few hours on an Xbox and not just basic cable.

I've always heard that it does depend on institution, and if federal penitentaries are different.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by dexlargo

They also told us (but you might need to take it with a grain of salt) that rapes are extremely rare -
    A friends brother did 2 years for assault during a B&E (I didn't know him until he got out), he said he was raped twice, and definitely not consensual (this was in a BC prison, don't know where)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

^ I don't dispute what you're saying. I was, and still am, not sure that I could take the prison official at his word when he said that rapes were rare, after all, it makes the prison system look bad. But he did say that it would be harder to do than people think. He also said that the classic prison cliche of what goes on in the showers isn't true because the inmates don't shower together. It's just one person showering in each unit at a time, and I believe that much is true.

My Ride
    WRX

I had to sleep in the drunk tank once. haha. It was a big open cement room with about 12 guys in it.

I used to work with a guy who did some time in a military jail for possession/selling of a decent amount of Thai weed on the base. He insisted the conditions and work detail were all much worse than a regular jail might be. All due to the guards all being military and the major shame brought to the uniform and in a way to the guards and the system. This guy was a royal pain in the ass to work with, I swear he had a major head injury while doing his time, no way he was that stupid going into the military.

My Ride
    Depends

Default Re: anyone here been to jail?

Originally posted by banned3x
    this is a seriuos thread. please keep it on topic. no i am NOT trolling.

but has anyone been to jail?
    are you aloud electronics like ipods/iphones?
    do they have areas for xbox/ps3?
    do they have live?
    im guessing they dont but are inmates aloud to go online like on the internet?
    whats it like in there?
    what do you do all day?
    can you give a me a rough schedule of a daily routine. thnx
    i know for a fact canadian jails a more liein then american jail i heard jail in canada is like heaven. is this true?
    but has anyone been to jail?-yes. Drum
    are you aloud electronics like ipods/iphones?- no but easly accesable
    do they have areas for xbox/ps3?-only ps2
    do they have live?-no
    im guessing they dont but are inmates aloud to go online like on the internet?-no. u can have electronics but no internet connect.
    whats it like in there? -depends who you know
    what do you do all day?-stay in your house
    Canadian jail is brutal. being in there for small trafficing or murder, everyone out for themselves. take the scummiest people in the country an put them in a building. its not fun at all. Nosmoking, Nodrinking, and worst of all NO pussy

How might one go about getting a tour of Drumheller penitentiary ?
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

I didn't organize our tour, so I don't know. Call the penitentiary and ask: (403) 823-5101

I was involved in related work when I went, but I don't know if that's a requirement.

My Ride
    Stuff

Default Re: Re: anyone here been to jail?

Originally posted by norbel

but has anyone been to jail?-yes. Drum
    are you aloud electronics like ipods/iphones?- no but easly accesable
    do they have areas for xbox/ps3?-only ps2
    do they have live?-no
    im guessing they dont but are inmates aloud to go online like on the internet?-no. u can have electronics but no internet connect.
    whats it like in there? -depends who you know
    what do you do all day?-stay in your house
    Canadian jail is brutal. being in there for small trafficing or murder, everyone out for themselves. take the scummiest people in the country an put them in a building. its not fun at all. Nosmoking, Nodrinking, and worst of all NO pussy
    Are there ways to avoid the general population, can you just keep to yourself?
    I like cars.

My Ride
    shoppin cart

remand is the worst 2 hr free time rest you are locked up

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast