Quantcast
A&W prices are wack - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A&W prices are wack

Default A&W prices are wack

I went there yesterday for the first time in a long time, did they jack up the prices? Mozza burger + 5pc chubby chicken = $12 . Crazy, wasnt even filling...for $12 might as well get takeout burger from the local pub.

Someone ordered the sirloin burger and it was like $7+ burger itself!
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    See sig

I gave up fast food, but they just had a promo on for $3 uncle (sirloin) burgers. Usually they will have either 2 for $x on whatever burger they are 'featuring' for the month. I would usually just do that, skip the fries/soft drink.
    Last edited by bituerbo; 05-05-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    Lease

Maybe government is starting to tax fatty foods

Fast food is only that now, fast. It's marginally cheaper than a decent pub/restaurant, so that's not much of a factor when you consider the quality of even a shithole (especially since they renewed the menus last month) like Kilkenny is higher than any fast food place.

Man, I get like a half dozen A&W coupon sheets from the mailman every couple of weeks, so I don't even know what their regular prices are like!

Can't beat 2 Mozza Burgers (with extra pickles & onions) for $5... as long as it's once in awhile.

I do agree, fast food prices have gone up across the board in the last year or so...

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

A&W have always been a bit higher priced... even when other places had combos for $5 or 6, an A&W one would run you $7-8...

Just use the coupons as above, and you're back to previous prices. But the coupons creep up slowly with every issue too. First it was 2 for 1 burgers. Then 2 for $5. Then 2 for $6... haha

All these fast food places dish out so many coupons in the mail, you don't ever need to pay 'regular' price unless you eat it every day.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Default Re: A&W prices are wack

Originally posted by copynpaste
    I went there yesterday for the first time in a long time, did they jack up the prices? Mozza burger + 5pc chubby chicken = $12 . Crazy, wasnt even filling...for $12 might as well get takeout burger from the local pub.

Someone ordered the sirloin burger and it was like $7+ burger itself!
    Wait ... you had a mozza burger and 5 pieces of chicken and it wasn't even filling?

Holy crap.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

I thought they changed their prices secretly over the course of about 5 years, or maybe i was too young to remember as i didnt go much, i was a wendys person. I only like the fries at A&W really

i guess the only break you get is as said above about the 2 whatever burgers for $X.00

JBCs arent what they used to be either, on that note, the other day my brother and i went to a wendys drive thru and he got a #4 (big bacon classic), then the lady promptly asks me 'how many patties for that #4', i was dumbfounded to see you can now go 2, 3 or 4 patties on a BBC, what has the world come to
    Last edited by n1zm0; 05-05-2010 at 02:48 PM.

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

That premium uncle burger is damn good

Originally posted by n1zm0
    i was dumbfounded to see you can now go 2, 3 or 4 patties on a BBC, what has the world come to
    This...?

My Ride
    CBR 929

Well I think at one point it was two could dine for 6.99?? It was 7.99 for sure at one time and now the coupon is two can dine for 9.99...

[url]

Originally posted by n1zm0
    I thought they changed their prices secretly over the course of about 5 years, or maybe i was too young to remember as i didnt go much, i was a wendys person. I only like the fries at A&W really

i guess the only break you get is as said above about the 2 whatever burgers for $X.00

JBCs arent what they used to be either, on that note, the other day my brother and i went to a wendys drive thru and he got a #4 (big bacon classic), then the lady promptly asks me 'how many patties for that #4', i was dumbfounded to see you can now go 2, 3 or 4 patties on a BBC, what has the world come to
    4 patties? Gross.

Anyways I ate there yesterday cause i was hungry and didnt have much time and it was nearby. Didnt think it would cost 12 fuckin dollars

I almost never eat fast food burger joints anyways, so chances of me carrying their coupons is slim to none.
    LOL

Default Re: Re: A&W prices are wack

Originally posted by alloroc

Wait ... you had a mozza burger and 5 pieces of chicken and it wasn't even filling?

Holy crap.
    The chicken was decent sized but the burger was the size of a pop tart - even a 5yr old could down that tiny thing.
    LOL

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by bituerbo
    I gave up fast food, but they just had a promo on for $3 uncle (sirloin) burgers. Usually they will have either 2 for $x on whatever burger they are 'featuring' for the month. I would usually just do that, skip the fries/soft drink.
    Same here, I usually get the two papa burgers for $6 deal.

But those two sirlion burgers for $8 deal was incredible. Those burgers were HUGE!! SO good too. Too bad they knew that too, and so the promo only lasted a few weeks.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

maybe their customers are all going away cause that stuff is horrible for you. so less customers means they have to jack up the prices to keep operating

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Then how the fuck is McDicks so popular?
    Everybody knows that garbage is death for you.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Skip the fries? Come on man the A & W fries are some of the better fast food chain fries, nice and crispy on the outside with nice soft tasty greasy potato goodness on the inside. I wouldn't mind a cheddar bacon uncle burger right now. Actually what I would prefer more than that is a Bacon and blue(cheese) burger from Wendy's but I guess that didn't go so well since they are no longer available.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Copynpaste with yet another thread complaining about the price of everything. Honestly man, just move to Thailand already.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

DQ prices are worse imo.

My Ride

I think its a trend with fast food in general.

I remember the mozza burger used to be huge, and recently when I got it, as the OP mentioned, it was fucking tiny.

Even McDonald's is getting expensive when you consider what you get. I hit it up while shopping at Walmart the other day and a quarter pounder combo was $8. Not going to break the bank but hurts when I remember my local pub used to have a burger and beer promo for $10 not too long ago.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast