Quantcast
Dog Groomer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Dog Groomer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Dog Groomer

    Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good dog groomer.
    I would prefer somebody in the Coventry/Panorama/Harvest Hills area but would be willing to drive to somebody who comes highly recommended!

    I'm not really looking to take him to a pet store to have this done.

    Thanks!

    Last edited by celica girl; 05-11-2010 at 04:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    CBR 929
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    What kind of dog is it?

    [url]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My mom just took our dog to a place just off of Country hills blvd and 14th street (you turn right onto 14th from Country hills blvd going west). I dont remember the name, but they actually let her stay with him the entire time as our dog hates groomers, she was happy with the service.

    If you want the info let me know.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    He's a Beagle.

    LadyLuck - You've got a PM!

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London, England
    My Ride
    Does it really matter what I drive?!?!?!
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Where are all the materialistic people?!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Miller
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally posted by celica girl
    He's a Beagle.
    You groom your beagle? Weird, is it a mix?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Maybe he needs his nails cut? isnt that consider grooming or teeth? For what its worth, I take my pug/beagle cross to pet smart to get his nails cut.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Calgary/ AB
    My Ride
    MiniCooperS
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    http://www.dogaholics.ca/

    they did my 15 years old dog with great care and extra attention. will also offer service to brush your dog's teeth too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the place besides pm hobby and coco brooks on 32ave has a nice groomer who takes her time and does it properly with specific customer requests

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 Ram Sport, Turbo Beretta
    Posts
    1,566
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    My groomer is in Dover.

    and she is AMAZING with dogs..

    she does my rotti/jack X, my moms 2 miniature schnauzers, and me and my ex's white lab, and they always come out looking great.

    ear cleaning, shave/trimming, shampoo.

    all for a really good price too.

    heres her canpages ad:

    http://www.canpages.ca/page/AB/calga...g/4149910.html

    edit: and i think ive seen a beagle or two in there.
    Last edited by GOnSHO; 05-13-2010 at 09:23 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    2013 FR-S
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    +1 for Sleeprover because the owners are my friends and I'm biased.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally posted by GOnSHO
    My groomer is in Dover.

    and she is AMAZING with dogs..

    she does my rotti/jack X, my moms 2 miniature schnauzers, and me and my ex's white lab, and they always come out looking great.

    ear cleaning, shave/trimming, shampoo.

    all for a really good price too.

    heres her canpages ad:

    http://www.canpages.ca/page/AB/calga...g/4149910.html

    edit: and i think ive seen a beagle or two in there.
    I do all that for my dog myself. Takes about an hour. I trained her early so I can dremel her nails, and the bath consists of taking her outside and spraying her with the hose... soaping, and spraying some more. She loves chasing the jet spray, so we just play that game with a purpose. Waters the lawn, washes the dog, and we all have fun.


    "We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I know you said you'd rather not take your dog to a pet store, but we take our dog to the Petland in Coventry.

    We have a yorkie and they do a good job on her every time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by CaptainReboot
    I know you said you'd rather not take your dog to a pet store, but we take our dog to the Petland in Coventry.

    We have a yorkie and they do a good job on her every time.
    I take my 2 maltese to Petland in Coventry too...they seem to do a good job. No complaints so far.

    One time I took it to this groom place on 52. The girl accidentally nipped a peace of my dog's toes and it was bleeding. I was furious! My advice is to find a place and if they do a good job, just stick with it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 Ram Sport, Turbo Beretta
    Posts
    1,566
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally posted by codetrap


    I do all that for my dog myself. Takes about an hour. I trained her early so I can dremel her nails, and the bath consists of taking her outside and spraying her with the hose... soaping, and spraying some more. She loves chasing the jet spray, so we just play that game with a purpose. Waters the lawn, washes the dog, and we all have fun.

    I give my dog baths all the time, but she can do a more thorough job due to the table and correct "tools" haha

    plus, my dog doesnt like water, so the bath/running water scares the crap outta him..

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks so much for all the advice!!

    My friend used to groom him for me but she has since moved away and I would like to find somebody that I can stick with. The reason I didn't want to take him to a pet store (ie Petland) is because he is quite shy and I didn't want to risk getting somebody inexperienced and have him nip at them.
    I'm glad to hear the good reviews about the Petland in Coventry... I might have to give them a try since they are within walking distance.

    The reason I like to get my beagle groomed is purely because of the amount of hair. I don't get it done often cuz I don't want to dry out his coat but no matter how much I brush him there is so much hair. My hair dryers just aren't powerful enough. The blowers that the professionals use get rid of way more of the loose hair.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by celica girl
    Thanks so much for all the advice!!

    My friend used to groom him for me but she has since moved away and I would like to find somebody that I can stick with. The reason I didn't want to take him to a pet store (ie Petland) is because he is quite shy and I didn't want to risk getting somebody inexperienced and have him nip at them.
    I'm glad to hear the good reviews about the Petland in Coventry... I might have to give them a try since they are within walking distance.

    The reason I like to get my beagle groomed is purely because of the amount of hair. I don't get it done often cuz I don't want to dry out his coat but no matter how much I brush him there is so much hair. My hair dryers just aren't powerful enough. The blowers that the professionals use get rid of way more of the loose hair.
    My dog is quite shy as well. We haven't had any problems with her going to Petland. The person that normally grooms our dog is Tanis. She does a good job every time.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I spoke to Tanis on the phone and I have booked both my dogs for next week.
    Sounds like a busy place!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted: Pet groomer(s)

    By speedog in forum Careers
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 05-14-2010, 06:54 PM
  2. LF: Woman hairdresser/groomer

    By bmw2010 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 12-30-2009, 08:54 PM
  3. Dog groomer in north?

    By ecstasy_civic in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
  4. anyone watch "Dog Eat Dog"?

    By l/l/rX in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 07-23-2003, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •