Quantcast
Me VS new Firebird. Got spanked BAD! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Me VS new Firebird. Got spanked BAD!

My Ride
    97 EK

Default Me VS new Firebird. Got spanked BAD!

So I'm comign out of silver springs onto crowchild an dI see this silver firebird ripping up the street. I catch him and see that he's got an exhaust and it's LOUD. Anyways. I finally get a light with him and give him a nod.

He was about 40 or so. So I'm reving my car and ready to go. Light goes green and we're off. We were about even up until we get traction.

Once I shifted into first there was a car in between us. middle of 2nd there was about 4. It just got worse from there.

OMG that was a FAST car. The fastest car I've ever raced. And I've raced porsh's, M3's corvette's, It was like a street bike almost.

I bet he runs like high 12's It was sick!

Well tha'ts it.
    I'm going to buy a 89 camaro.

Probably a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am WS6 (Did it have a hood that looked like flaming nostrils? ).

Those do 12 some stock on the 1/4!
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

beasts...ws6 with ram air...0-60 in 5 flat for a 34 000 dollar car is great...and that hood makes it look monstrous...they say that one can do a burnout for a 100 feet easily..thats why they cant launch worth shit

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

WS6 Is More Like 45000 dollars at 34000 dollars they wouldn't be able to keep them In stock and the Camaro and Firebird Would still be around

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by redline_13000
    beasts...ws6 with ram air...0-60 in 5 flat for a 34 000 dollar car is great...and that hood makes it look monstrous...they say that one can do a burnout for a 100 feet easily..thats why they cant launch worth shit
    Depends on what suspension package you get too. They have a semi-racing package called the 1LE I believe, koni adjustables all around and stiffer springs, gets the power to the ground and makes em stick in the twisties pretty good too.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    01 330i

Originally posted by redline_13000
    Holy crap man, I didn't think the WS6 was that quick... anyone know what the #'s are HP and TQ?

they just ended production i think on thursday, the last years numbers were 325hp and 350tq. Dyno results tho on bone stock motors reveal that chevy has been sandbagging those numbers for quite a few years. Ever wonder why the cobra could never equal or beat a camaro that has essentially the same power numbers?
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

It's too bad they discontinued the Trans-Am. That thing is so sweet! And yes, the WS6 Ram-Air is about 46 000. Those things look so huge in person -- yet so fast! I always thought it was heavy as a boat, but it puts up amazing numbers.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    It's too bad they discontinued the Trans-Am. That thing is so sweet!
    Have they come up with a replacement for the Trans and Camaro?? Shame Camaro's are gone. Next thing you know Mustangs are gonna be gone. American N/A's a fading fast. Kinda sad really.
    Damn +44411's

Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Have they come up with a replacement for the Trans and Camaro?? Shame Camaro's are gone. Next thing you know Mustangs are gonna be gone. American N/A's a fading fast. Kinda sad really.
    I was never really attatched to the Camaro. It's more of a chick car while the Trans-Am is a man's car!

Both really nice cars though.

I don't know of any replacement yet. I don't think the Mustang will be going extinct anytime soon, the new concept (2004 models -- new design) looks pretty sweet! Can't wait until those hit the road.

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Yeah deifintely...even before you hear a ws6 coming, you can FEEL that thing...what a monster. Wish I had that engine...

Default Re: Me VS new Firebird. Got spanked BAD!

Originally posted by Daddymax
    Once I shifted into first there was a car in between us.
    See I think you lost the race right there in neutral... :p

My Ride
    97 EK

oh god. I knew I would lose. I just wanted to see how bad.

ws6 does 14's not 12's

My Ride
    Broken down B series

There is a replacement for the Camaros anyway I cant remember what it is going to be called..

My Ride
    1984 Camaro Z28

Originally posted by 300rwhp
    ws6 does 14's not 12's

Try again..I know several F Bodies around here running 12.8's with only a K&N .And the only hopefull replacement for the F Body is the rersurected GTO..or the Holden Monaro as their called down under.They'll hopefully debut keeping their LS1 powertrain driving the right set of wheels.
    http://www.projectbasketcase.com

355/Th350 with 10bolt posi,Soon to have 8pt southwest roll cage kit with a 550hp 427 Stroker Smallblock and TH400 Combo.

My Ride
    AP1

Ya stock from the factory I think in '99 the WS6 did the 1/4 mile in 13.2.-13.5

Very quick cars, I'll post my run in with one
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    96 T/A

What man... you couldn't tell a basic firebird from a firebird transam??? ;-)
    hahaha...

I wonder if that was me.. I'm always around there... Just changed my exhaust so it's a little quieter! ;-)
    Now have a Corsa... used to be a GMMG...
    Have a lot of other work done to it too ;-)

However, I'm nowhere near 40 (24)... so.. who knows if it actually was.... I drive Crowchild pretty much everyday, coming out of Scenic Acres... you happen to remember if it had the WS6 (ramair package) or a lifted spoiler??? (I'm not ramair)...
    Last edited by Luke 96 T/A; 10-22-2002 at 09:25 PM.

My Ride
    97 EK

too long ago now to remember.

DO you remmeber racing a YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW crx.
    with body kit and white rims.

My Ride
    96 T/A

Yeah man...
    I'm pretty sure I do.. I've actually raced a couple of yellow crx's up there...
    and my car is insanely loud... Too damn loud for my liking actually... I had my old GMMG exhaust (almost brand new) before I got all my engine work done... (It was $700 US)...
    after all the work (including removal of cats, addition of long tube headers, cam, ported heads, much, much more) it would wake every person on my block when I cruised home at night....
    so I had to switch to a Corsa exhaust.. Also $700, taking a huge loss on the GMMG... it's still not much better.. I'm looking at putting some highflow cats on it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast