Quantcast
Cramming methods - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cramming methods

Default Cramming methods

Seeing that its final exam time, I'm curious to see what your guys' cramming methods are haha. Any secrets to staying up late and/or trying to stay awake later on in the night or early in the morning?

.....studying alot lol

streamline studying.. Type out the stuff that's most important (main headings and sub headings).. usually the first paragraph and the last paragraph hold the useful information. Keep an eye out for key terms especially with a class that has alot of definitions, for stuff asking to describe (what are the 5 da da da) use acroynms.

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Make sure to get your sleep. You can try to stuff your head all you want, but if your tired you will not retain all that much.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

I like speed reading it works for me I'll guickly pour over my work 6 or 7 times reading it quiclky and writing down what after reading it I rembered. after the 6th or 7th time I can almost re-write the whole damm book!

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    MTA

REDBULL!!

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

i don't necessarily read entire chapters.. look at the outline and see what points they want you to learn... understand those points and move on, don't sweat the details!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

yeah thats what I ment I dont read the whole damm thing but skim threw it you should get a few point each time

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

Drink a lot of water and caffiene to keep you awake for cramming, then switch to Ephedrine/Ephedrine equivalents about 3 hours before the exam. Just make sure to take a long ass pee before entering the exam. I once finished an Econ final in 20 minutes because I had to take a leak (had two cans of coke, 1/2 litre of water and a 6 shot venti americano in the 1.5 hours before exam)...still scored a B+ though. Those disgusting Hansen's drinks help too.

Oh yah...no junk food for 3 days before a major exam...and a small dose of Gingko Biloba and vitamin pills in that time span to optimize your ability to store information.

sleep is not a necessity for me come exam time, I usually like to study all night up until I leave my house for the exam, so getting a good night's sleep is out of the question haha.

I've never tried that Gingko Biloba or vitamin pills though, I'll give that a shot for my next exam. Where to I find that stuff?

My Ride
    NC1

I just don't study at all
    The Key is to build your mark up going into the final (85%+) and then just let it slide!!! haha

It works in my courses because final exams are worth around 30% due to the large amount of group work/projects involved.

Especially for me, by the time the final rolls around, I'm all pissed off and don't give two shits about school. haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    94' Terd

hahaha I wish I wasnt so fucking lazy and could pull that off...

oh well.. I'm gonna try some of these "drinks" before my calculus exam...

ya I usually try to build up around a 80% before the final, but I need to do good on the final too to get that A in the course.

Haha I used to be lazy like that too, until I realized I'm a failure in life and am going to be in school forever if I keep it up haha. That is why I started studying.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by buh_buh
    ya I usually try to build up around a 80% before the final, but I need to do good on the final too to get that A in the course.

Haha I used to be lazy like that too, until I realized I'm a failure in life and am going to be in school forever if I keep it up haha. That is why I started studying.
    We've all been there before that is why I tried so hard last year......but it doesn't matter, I went back to my old self this semester but surprisingly, I still did enough to get a B+average .......it's all about having the right teachers
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Ughhhh MATH284 final in less than 20 hours....

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

i started studying ~ 2 weeks before Lecture ended so i dont have to pull any all -nighters and get full 8 hours of sleep everynite. it works pretty well.. but i still did do so good so

My Ride
    a wrx.

study a lot. make notes on your notes. and get a decent amount of sleep

My Ride
    V167

damn, I have read my math stuff over so many times......still don't understand some of it fully......and now cannot stand to read another line of it

but I HAVE to read it otherwise I am gonna be scrweed.....I am going crazzzy

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    damn, I have read my math stuff over so many times......still don't understand some of it fully......and now cannot stand to read another line of it

but I HAVE to read it otherwise I am gonna be scrweed.....I am going crazzzy
    I am thinking of going to bed right now waking up at 2:00ish and keep going until the test at 8.. Not sure how that would work for me though.

Jolt Cola!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast