Quantcast
Hamas sends 2 men to attack Israel...fail - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamas sends 2 men to attack Israel...fail

Default Hamas sends 2 men to attack Israel...fail

LOL seriously? 2 men to attack Israel? haha
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/mid...t/10138251.stm

Israeli forces have shot dead two Palestinian gunmen who had entered Israel from the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military said.

The incident occurred across the border from the southern Gaza Strip. Hamas security officials confirmed that two men were sent on an operation to attack Israel and clashed with soldiers near the border, AP reports.

Separately, Israeli air force jets bombed parts of Gaza in pre-dawn raids, but no-one was killed or injured.

The Israeli army said the raids were a response to the launching of a Qassam rocket earlier this week. The rocket fell in the Ashkelon region, south of Tel Aviv, without causing any damage, the army said. Israel launched a devastating assault on the Hamas-run Gaza Strip in December 2008, aimed at halting the sporadic rocket fire from Palestinian militants in Gaza.

Some 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis were killed in the 22-day war.
    They throw a pebble and the Israelis come back with a freakin' air strike. I honestly don't know who's right, who's wrong in this conflict here and I don't know the history either behind this whole dispute. But is there really any point in Hamas fighting the Israelis?

2 men < Israeli army
    qassam rocket < fighter jets
    1400 palestinians dead > 13 Israelis

Just saying

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Default Re: Hamas sends 2 men to attack Israel...fail

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    LOL seriously? 2 men to attack Israel? haha
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/mid...t/10138251.stm

2 men &lt; Israeli army
    qassam rocket &lt; fighter jets
    1400 palestinians dead &gt; 13 Israelis

Just saying
    Yah...you think they'd learn by now.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

If I've learned anything, it's that people in the Middle East are generally stubborn as hell, to the point of idiocy.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by HyperZell
    If I've learned anything, it's that people in the Middle East are generally stubborn as hell, to the point of idiocy.
    Ever heard about the tale of the scorpion and the frog?
    That pretty much sums up middle east politics.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Re: Hamas sends 2 men to attack Israel...fail

Originally posted by freshprince1

Yah...you think they'd learn by now.
    If they havent learned after 50 years, they never will.

The doctorine of Israeli response to a terrorist attacks has always been exponential to the damage caused.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

It's because the leaders of Hamas don't care. They aren't the ones dying but they have thousands if not ten's of thousands of people that are willing to die for their cause. And hopefully people will be sympathetic to their cause since Isreal is "overreacting" to their attacks.

Just like Russian doctrine in WWI, they may not have the technology or training to beat a superior force but their thinking is eventually they can wear down their enemy.

My Ride

It was probably a distraction for them to do something elsewhere.

The leaders of Hamas are not dying ... what ... do you guys even have a clue what you are talking about.

Any notable position in Hamas gets you on the local Mossad hit sqaud`s list. Wikipedia Mahmoud al-Mabhouh and see the great lengths Israel goes to get the top guys. You would think you are reading the script for the next bond film if you read how they got him.

That said, you guys are really underestimating what Israel is up against

Inside Hamas:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...605511,00.html

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

What I meant that they aren't the ones dying is that when they give the order to suicide bombers or suicide attackers, they don't care because their men are expendable. They're just not dying in that particular attack, shoulda clarified that.

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Neither side gets sympathy from me, they're both fucking idiots.

Of course Israel is going to bomb Hamas, they send suicide bombers to their cities. But why is Israel so surprised they get attacked? They've barricaded Palestine in to the point where they have to smuggle most goods in via hidden underground tunnels, and you bulldoze their neighborhoods for Jewish settlers.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Default Re: Hamas sends 2 men to attack Israel...fail

Originally posted by l/l/rX

1400 palestinians dead > 13 Israelis
    The issue is that 13 Israelis deaths is justification for 1400 Palestinians, according to most. I attended a lecture by Dr. Mads Gilbert, a Norwegian Doctor who has been helping out victims in Gaza. It was absolutely disturbing to see videos and hear first hand reports of what Israel does for each bad move by the Palestinians. Not to say that the Hamas are saints either. The most disturbing are the Israeli soldiers who wear shirts depicting a pregnant Israeli in cross hairs, and the caption reads "A shot, two kills", another shows a kid in cross hair with the caption "The smaller, the harder"

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    Busa

No sympathy here.

If Calgary became a war zone with rockets and bombs going back and forth, I'd just move and get on with my life.

I know that's short sighted, because it may not be easy for the people there, but that'd be the single most important goal in my life. I'd find a way.

My Ride
    shoppin cart

isreal should get the fuck out the land does not even belong to them

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
    No sympathy here.

If Calgary became a war zone with rockets and bombs going back and forth, I'd just move and get on with my life.

I know that's short sighted, because it may not be easy for the people there, but that'd be the single most important goal in my life. I'd find a way.
    Because moving from Palestine tomorrow is an option for everyone
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by xxxazntigerxx
    Who does the land belong to then?

Its a strip of desert that was sanctioned as a legitimate country where its residances, regardless of race, holds more rights than any other middle eastern country.

And there is more history and territorial claims than you obviously know

How about you go over there and give them some persuasion to do that

The area is a clusterfuck, nothing will change in the forseeable future.

Though in my opinion, I don't give a shit how prosecuted people feel they are, suicide bombings in crowded markets is a fucking douche move.

The whole "Israel bombs innocent people" argument does have some merit, but what else are they supposed to do? The coward's launch attacks on them from crowded places and use the innocents as shields.

So, then you better pack your bags and get the hell out of this country because really, it doesn't belong to you either!

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Originally posted by masoncgy

So, then you better pack your bags and get the hell out of this country because really, it doesn't belong to you either!

Member since 2003.

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by masoncgy

get owned haha
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

all of it kinda seems like a huge sympathy contest.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    shoppin cart

0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 24,145 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967

1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast