Quantcast
guys, i found a car need opinions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: guys, i found a car need opinions

lammer Guest

Default guys, i found a car need opinions

91 240SX SE
    151,000 km
    fully loaded (power windows, locks, sunroof, A/C, cd player)
    5 spd manual
    asking 7,700 OBO
    think i can deal out with this person? or better off finding something else?

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

I smell Sylvia Conversion!

Not bad for a first car! They usually go for about 8-9k with higher KM than 151 000. Options are pretty good too.

It will be good for learning how to drive a standard too (if you didnt already know)

Give him a call and go for a test drive and tell us what you think.

You gotta get a Silvia conversion if you get a 240SX though. GOTTA!
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Does it have AWS? My friend had that exact car. I hated the thing. Handled so sharply at high speeds that it was scary. Clutch was really stiff and only went in a couple inches, so it was really awkward to drive. Rear seat is useless. I believe it'd have the KA24DE engine in it. I say save up and wait till an S14 with an SR20DE comes along.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

lammer Guest

thats what i wanan do!! espcially since its my first car ill love it to bits and pieces!

lammer Guest

oh and dope, i found like a whole bunch of 240sx's they were all in high 180ks -200ks and asking 5-6gs!!

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

sounds, Like a pretty good deal to me. the engine will definately give you enough time till you can save your cashola and get and SR20DET - 205 HP

lammer Guest

Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
    sounds, Like a pretty good deal to me. the engine will definately give you enough time till you can save your cashola and get and SR20DET - 205 HP
    well im just hoping he still has the car when i call tommorw and me and my dad will see how payments will go, im paying for around half of it. i want to earn some of my things you know!

lammer Guest

guys, okay my mom just 'debated' me about having a sports car. what do i say back? im paying for gas/insurance. and she says it doesn't matter whos money it is sports car is more to insure. what can i say to debate back?!!!

If I were you i'd go with a car that didnt have so many kms. There is practically no point in putting money into a car thats far past its prime. Sure it COULD run all the way into 250,000 kms, but thats still only about 5 years of driving, and all the mods you put in in that time would go to waste.

lammer Guest

won't the bolt ons go with the srdet engine aswell?

Ta-Dah! Guest

Originally posted by lammer
    guys, okay my mom just 'debated' me about having a sports car. what do i say back? im paying for gas/insurance. and she says it doesn't matter whos money it is sports car is more to insure. what can i say to debate back?!!!
    Youre 17 right?
    At your age insurance is going to be insanely high no matter which car you insure.. to the extent that the difference between a minivan and your 240sx is going to be a small percentage.

Or you can try a different angle
    You can say that if you get a 4 door, you can carry more people = bad, males have been proven to become complete idiots and feel like they have to show they have cajones and therefore do life-threatening things when there are 3 other guys in the cars with them.

With the 240 you realistically are going to only carry 1 other passenger eggin you on/bitching at ya.

Depends on what kind of stuff your mom reacts to..
    you can also say you can get in more trouble with 3 other girls in the same car, if that will get a reaction out of her.

Other than that, shes right.. sports car = more insurance.
    so gotta think hard and start up the spinmaster!

lammer Guest

Originally posted by Ta-Dah!

Youre 17 right?
    At your age insurance is going to be insanely high no matter which car you insure.. to the extent that the difference between a minivan and your 240sx is going to be a small percentage.

Or you can try a different angle
    You can say that if you get a 4 door, you can carry more people = bad, males have been proven to become complete idiots and feel like they have to show they have cajones and therefore do life-threatening things when there are 3 other guys in the cars with them.

With the 240 you realistically are going to only carry 1 other passenger eggin you on/bitching at ya.

Depends on what kind of stuff your mom reacts to..
    you can also say you can get in more trouble with 3 other girls in the same car, if that will get a reaction out of her.

Other than that, shes right.. sports car = more insurance.
    so gotta think hard and start up the spinmaster!
    ahaa yeah shes like Sports cars are so small and crammed up you can't fit no one.
    point A) i don't want lots of people in my car.
    i don't want it to weigh down, and more people in car = more roudy we get.
    hahaha yep. right now for van i pay 80 dllarsa month joint account with my dad.

My Ride
    2011 BMW X5 5.0

Just make sure you're ok with driving a Rear wheel drive in the winter You'll definately need winter tires!

lammer Guest

Originally posted by Cwave
    Just make sure you're ok with driving a Rear wheel drive in the winter You'll definately need winter tires!
    yeah i m gonna be careful well more careful then i usualy am if i get this car

Its not so much a matter of being careful its a matter of traction.

lammer Guest

hrmm traction..new tires? or..extra weight at bck?

My Ride
    changes daily :D

dude my friend had 2 240 sx's, and in winter those things are HELL! even going from mckenzie to southcentre was such a big hastle, especially with the anderson ramp off of deerfoot. but you can also look at it on the good side, it's kinda fun to be sideways going down anderson!

My Ride
    FA1

Do I know you, lammer?

lammer Guest

van its steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast