Quantcast
Went out for 5 minutes and came back with a tint ticket. - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Went out for 5 minutes and came back with a tint ticket.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by 89coupe
    I'v had tinted windows on all my vehicles for the past 20 years, never gotten a ticket.

You guys must have some seriously dark tint to be getting tickets.

Why anyone would want limo black tint on their side windows is beyond me. Limits your vision, and well looks ghetto.
    I want a darker tint on everything behind me, maybe 30% light through or so. Mostly so my daughter doesn't cook in her carseat while sleeping, and the same for the dog in back. I'm looking for a very light tint on the driver/passenger though, thinking like 75% of the light through. Just enough to cut the sun a bit to keep the leather cooler.
    Last edited by codetrap; 02-17-2011 at 05:26 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    W204

I dunno these fucking laws are so retarded. Front tint does absolute WONDERS (not windshield - that's just retarded), especially in the summer. Keeps the interior so much cooler and doesn't cook my ass as bad because my car has black leather seats.

Americans can tint their windows to shit. Why cant' we? I just hope I don't get busted anytime soon hehehe.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I don't know how you guys are driving but I've had the same tint on my car for 5 years.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I have light tint on the 2 front and dark rear and light on the hatch. I was pulled over for "driving like an asshole"(he let me off ) and didn't worry about the tint. My dad has dark tint all the way around on his bmw and he gets tickets all the time for speeding and no tint tickets. Luck of the draw maybe

My Ride
    BMW

WOW....so much mis-information out there!

Towing your vehicle has nothing to do with "arrest without warrant"...it is not an arrest....it is a REMOVAL from highway.

And it would be very EXTREME for an officer to tow you for window tint, unless you really talk your way into it.

There are two charging sections for window tint:

One is a $57 ticket under the VEHICLE EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS - it is illegal to add window glazing of any tint % forward of the driver...so it is an illegal equipment add on.

The other is a $115 ticket under the TRAFFIC SAFETY ACT - again it is illegal to add any window glazing forward of the driver of any tint %. This is a safety issue as it defeats the manufacturers safety standard of the glass. It is designed to fragment into tiny little pieces upon impact in a collision so it doesn't shred your face/head/body....window glazing film defeats this and causes it to break into large shards which are sharp and can cause serious injury or death if cut/impaled.

The officer can charge under either section....depends on your attitude or their discretion. And to get another ticket from another officer if you show an earlier one for the same charge would be very rare, and likely tossed by the Crown. You need reasonable time to have it removed.

And NO...removing it will NOT get the ticket withdrawn..MYTH! Slow down when you drive off and the speeding ticket will get withdrawn? WTFE.

Hope that helps. Oh ya....and most whiners forget to mention that the tint ticket was likely given instead of the speeding, fail to produce insurance, no seatbelt and 3 or 4 other charges most officers WARN on....but you only hear bitching about the tint ticket! Cheers!

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by tehwegz
    I'm wondering about head/tail light tint.

Buddy of mine made his head/tail lights so dark he said he can only see a foot ahead of him at night so he has to use his other car for now.

He gave me a can of vht niteshades and now i'm thinking of doing one light coat on my head/tails.

dont mean to hijack the thread.
    VEHICLE EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS......you cannot tint your headlights, signal lights, tail markers.....ticket....and if the officer feels it is too dark and unsafe...removal..ie; tow.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

The payment for the ticket came back...yay!
    Reason: No record exists.

My Ride
    Lexus

Couple days ago, i got $115 ticket for frost on windshield.
    I got it 200m from my home at 7:30am. Funny thing is, by the time officer came back with ticket, the frost was gone.

luxor Guest

Originally posted by blackhawktac

This is a safety issue as it defeats the manufacturers safety standard of the glass. It is designed to fragment into tiny little pieces upon impact in a collision so it doesn't shred your face/head/body....window glazing film defeats this and causes it to break into large shards which are sharp and can cause serious injury or death if cut/impaled.

No. Fucking. Way. Is this guy serious?

Tell me how a piece of tint film can reverse the heat (or chemical) treatment process used in making tempered glass? You said it yourself that windows break into little pieces and then you think a piece of film will hold it all together in shards? I can epoxy the whole window and it will still break into little pieces under the epoxy, it does NOT matter. The glass is made so that the whole thing is internally stressed and any crack will transfer the stress throughout the glass causing the whole thing to shatter into little pieces. Google it if you don't believe me.

VEHICLE EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS......you cannot tint your headlights, signal lights, tail markers.....ticket....and if the officer feels it is too dark and unsafe...removal..ie; tow.
    Wrong. This is from the VEHICLE EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS under Division 2 Rear Lamps:

(4) A tail lamp must be capable of emitting a red light that is
    visible from at least 150 metres to the rear.

There is nothing under rear lamps where it says you cannot tint them. As long as it is visible from 150 m you''re good. You cannot tint the headlights however.

Hypocrite!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5