Quantcast
Watch out / Home breakins - Mount Pleasant / Tuxedo - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watch out / Home breakins - Mount Pleasant / Tuxedo

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Default Watch out / Home breakins - Mount Pleasant / Tuxedo

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to anybody in the Mount Pleasant / Tuxedo area (or I suppose anywhere really).

This morning as I was getting ready to leave for work I heard a knock on my back door. My yard is open to the alley in the back but it is very obviously not the main entrance to my house. I answered the door and a middle-aged (~180lbs 5'10"-6'2" white, light brown hair and heavy stubble / short beard) man asked if I had a basement suite for rent. I looked back and he had driven a truck quite far into my back yard and his passenger (a slightly younger slim female) was busy taking a piss in my back yard. I told him to fuck off and take his friend with him and slammed the door in his face. As they went to leave I walked slowly out and wrote down their license plate so that we could call the police.

They are driving a ___STOLEN___ ~1995 Dodge Ram truck, red in colour and it has the plate ZVS-848. It looks like this:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version (sorry for whoever originally has credit for this image,)

KEEP AN EYE OUT EVERYBODY. If you live in Mount Pleasant / Tuxedo and your house was/gets broken into today CALL THE POLICE AND REFERENCE THIS. The suspects left a sock and a big puddle of piss in my backyard and the police said they are sending a K-9 unit right now so they would likely be able to confirm if the 2 incidents are related, and it may improve the odds of catching these worthless shit-bags.

This is my 9-month pregnant wife's FIRST DAY of working at home, I was less than 5 minutes from leaving for work at which time she would have been home alone. I have no doubt at all these scumbags would have entered the house if I had not opened the door, and then I would have to be posting a very different story on here.
    Last edited by Zero102; 06-01-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Brutal man. Good on you for following up with the cops.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Glad it ended up working out fine. Hope they get caught within the day. Thanks for the heads up.

Keep us updated!

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Sorry if my post doesn't make a lot of sense. I am a touch rage-filled at present. I have seen several cop cars go by, but there have been no calls back or further information from the police (as expected, it has only been 45 minutes).

The officer I talked to said they probably ditched the truck right away and left the neighborhood so I doubt they will catch these people.

At first I thought it was just some idiot with a wrong address, but the guy's friend taking a piss in my backyard tipped me off something was up. When I pointed it out to him and he turned to look I told him to fuck off and slammed the door then locked it right away. He took a bit before walking away, I have to wonder if he was about to force his way in anyways and whether his friend/partner was supposed to be getting tools/weapons instead of taking a piss. I know it is my lucky day, at least this happened while I was still home instead of right after I left. I can't imagine what would have happened if my wife did (or possibly worse) did not answer the door because I was not home.

I don't know if they had been watching us for days before this or not. Their lack of organization and demeanor indicated that they had no capability of planning anything at all, but their timing says otherwise. Usually we would have left our house at 7:25, but as I said this is my wife's first day working from home so I was able to leave an hour later for my job. They knocked on the door at about 8:15.
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Oh great! That's my neighborhood too. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this. Thanks for the heads up.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Zero102: I doubt they would have forced their way in with you there. I think the vast majority of these people would prefer to move onto a house where there will not be a confrontation.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Zero102: I doubt they would have forced their way in with you there. I think the vast majority of these people would prefer to move onto a house where there will not be a confrontation.
    Exactly why he said that he was happy to be home when this happened. If he had just left for work and it was only his wife home, she would not have answered the door, giving the thieves the illusion that no one was there. Things could have gotten messy.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Maybe time to fence in the yard.

[url]

My Ride
    See sig

Maybe time to get a dog.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Exactly why he said that he was happy to be home when this happened. If he had just left for work and it was only his wife home, she would not have answered the door, giving the thieves the illusion that no one was there. Things could have gotten messy.
    Yes... but somebody WOULD have been there. His wife.

When a break and enter would turn into a hostage taking, I'm sure lots of thieves would back off. They aren't usually interested in physically hurting someone....

(usually)

Originally posted by Kloubek

Yes... but somebody WOULD have been there. His wife.

When a break and enter would turn into a hostage taking, I'm sure lots of thieves would back off. They aren't usually interested in physically hurting someone....

(usually)
    lol wut

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ryansteg

lol wut
    Rewording it, break-in are usually done by thieves, not robbers.

They won't bother if people are home. The knock on the door is probably just to make sure nobody was home. Cousin of mine was visiting and never answer doors. Crooks called and got answering machine. Then they break in thru the garage side door. Then when they start kicking down the door into house, my cousin yelled at them and they ran.

The section between 40th ave and 16 ave (NW and NE) has quite a bit of random people like that. I just don't understand why people build like million dollar houses there when you get bums search your garbage in the back lane daily.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Thanks for rewording Xtrema. I didn't realize I was being so cryptic....

My Ride
    Integra

If this was your wife's first day home that would mean she has a job where she usually leaves the house? Also you're usually gone by that time? From the sounds of it these guys have been checking out your house for a little while. It doesn't sound like it was just some random thing.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by Xtrema

Rewording it, break-in are usually done by thieves, not robbers.

They won't bother if people are home. The knock on the door is probably just to make sure nobody was home. Cousin of mine was visiting and never answer doors. Crooks called and got answering machine. Then they break in thru the garage side door. Then when they start kicking down the door into house, my cousin yelled at them and they ran.

Its true, I know someone that was home sick from work, someone rang their doorbell and they didn't answer the door, they were laying on the couch. Then someone removed the screen off of one of the living room windows and tried opening the window...

[url]

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Integra10
    If this was your wife's first day home that would mean she has a job where she usually leaves the house? Also you're usually gone by that time? From the sounds of it these guys have been checking out your house for a little while. It doesn't sound like it was just some random thing.
    Yeah, usually we leave the house at ~7:30, today I was leaving an hour late since I didn't need to drive her to work the drive back across the city to get myself to work. She thinks somebody has been watching our routine and figured we wouldn't be home. I think if that is what they were doing they would have just kicked in the door since they would be certain we were not home at the time.

My wife is 9 months pregnant, I don't care if they "usually" would cause trouble, all it takes is one bad hit or punch and our child could die. Knowing these worthless fuckers put my wife and child-to-be in that kind of potential danger makes me want to fuck them up. This kind of shit is not welcome in my neighborhood.

I spent a good hour tonight driving down every street and alley for 10 blocks in every direction from my house. I figure they know I wrote down the plate and likely have ditched the stolen truck already. I was hoping if I found it then it may aid in locating these scumbags.

My Ride
    Integra

Keep us posted if anything happens. Don't be afraid to shoot first on these scumbags

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

nothing happened. I have scoured the neighborhood to see if the truck was ditched anywhere and I couldn't find it. The police never called back to update me on the situation and I can only assume they have completely forgotten about the problem. The only way there will be an update now is if these fuckers come back

Originally posted by Zero102

She thinks somebody has been watching our routine and figured we wouldn't be home. I think if that is what they were doing they would have just kicked in the door since they would be certain we were not home at the time.
    they usually knock/ring the doorbell just to confirm; and if somebody answers they make up some stupid story like needing help or wrong house, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast