Quantcast
Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Default Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

I thought this was a joke. But nope. Its real.

They even want to open it on Sept 11th, 2011.

LINKY

Can you say tasteless?

Last edited by kaput; 04-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

No different than GWB's "Mission Accomplished" flag..

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Default Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Originally posted by DRKM

Can you say tasteless?
    please explain? the entire religion is to blame for what 19 members did?

Default Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Originally posted by turbotrip

Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT islam?

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Default Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

The religion? Yep. Sorry brah.

Default Re: Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

If Islam were non-existent but the social/economic/political factors were the same I'd imagine the same people would have organized under a similar ridiculous banner. Either another existing religion, such as a sect of Christianity (which is rife with examples of being used as justification for acts of murder/terrorism); a political ideology (communism fueled the massacres under the Soviets, Chinese, etc) or some new religion.

The point being that the religion itself isn't really all that important when compared to the other factors around it. It's not like God came down to the Christians one day and said "hey stop waging holy wars in my name" and that's why Christian nations stopped invading countries, it's more that the political/economical factors changed, so Christianity changed to suit the times.

When you think about it, it's kind of hard to blame made up fairy tales for the ills of the world.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Originally posted by Antonito
    If Islam were non-existent but the social/economic/political factors were the same I'd imagine the same people would have organized under a similar ridiculous banner. Either another existing religion, such as a sect of Christianity (which is rife with examples of being used as justification for acts of murder/terrorism); a political ideology (communism fueled the massacres under the Soviets, Chinese, etc) or some new religion.

The point being that the religion itself isn't really all that important when compared to the other factors around it. It's not like God came down to the Christians one day and said "hey stop waging holy wars in my name" and that's why Christian nations stopped invading countries, it's more that the political/economical factors changed, so Christianity changed to suit the times.

When you think about it, it's kind of hard to blame made up fairy tales for the ills of the world.
    I agree the political times changed and christians moved on. Don't you think maybe islam should as well?

On to the original post I don't see how you could see building a 10 million dollar mosque at ground zero could do anything for public relations.

Rather than building a mosque why don't Muslims hold forums condemning the attacks, or seeking solutions to stem the jihadist groups? There are so many better things to do then antagonize the American people/.

If you don' think that it is a moderate slap in the face then you need a reality check. Ground zero is not a symbol of any faiths place of worship but rather a place were 3000+ lives were lost.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Antonito
    I

What are your thoughts of setting up a Christian or Mormon church/temple up in the middle of a mass-casualty-via-american-forces area that is symbolic to the arab/muslim world?

Default Re: Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

i see, so then by your rationale:

if a white guy was killed by a racist black guy, it would be tasteless for the white guy's black friend to attend the funeral? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT black people? so all black people should be blamed?

hitler also claimed he was killing jews in the name of christianity. so then it would be tasteless to build a church near any of those locations? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT christianity? so all christians should be blamed?

your reasoning seems flawed

My Ride
    old Toyotas

It's actually being built two blocks from ground zero so it's not like they're building it right on top of it. But I mean yea if your doing this then you should expect a ton of blacklash but the general idea behind it is supposed to be to show extremists that muslims live in this country as well and what-not.

Here's an actual article and not just some letter.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/05...s-new-yorkers/

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

i see, so then by your rationale:

if a white guy was killed by a racist black guy, it would be tasteless for the white guy's black friend to attend the funeral? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT black people? so all black people should be blamed?

hitler also claimed he was killing jews in the name of christianity. so then it would be tasteless to build a church near any of those locations? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT christianity? so all christians should be blamed?

your reasoning seems flawed
    Could you state your source on the hitler comment?

As for the other question, you're comparing an ideology to a race of people. I don't know if that's legit.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Originally posted by CUG
    Could you state your source on the hitler comment?
    here are 2 of his numerous quotes, if you google it you will see how many speeches he referred to himself as a catholic/ christian in.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison...."

Adolf Hitler- Public Speech April 12, 1922

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Adolf Hitler- Mein Kampf

Originally posted by CUG
    What are your thoughts of setting up a Christian or Mormon church/temple up in the middle of a mass-casualty-via-american-forces area that is symbolic to the arab/muslim world?
    If the American government was hiding in caves and the Christian contingent within that muslim country was widely denouncing the attacks, I'd see it as a "hey lets all get along (please don't kill us)" move, much like what the current situation is.

Originally posted by CUG
    As for the other question, you're comparing an ideology to a race of people. I don't know if that's legit.
    Not really. Racist extremists are to white people what jihadi-extremists are to muslims

Its possible to be both racist extremist and religious extremist *cough* Rob *cough*
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Step away from the media sources people. First of all, the op article is an opinion, by a person in Las Vegas, who thinks that the mosque is being funded by terrorist Muzlims. People, here in New York, are whole heartedly supporting this cultural diversity. It was voted 29-1 in favor. Most people claim that this should bridge the gaps. Manhattan President, Police Commissioner, Other faith leaders and victims support the construction of this mosque. Of course, you will always have those that think that now Abdhullah the rag-head terrorist will sit in the minaret (tower) and snipe people all day...while the minions plan countless jihads in the basement.

Here is a surprising non-biased article from...Fox News??
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/25...r-nycs-ground/

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

But groups against the proposal compare it to opening a German cultural centre around the corner from Auschwitz,
    This is how I feel about it. It's just in bad taste, and it's a slap in the face, intended or not.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by codetrap

This is how I feel about it. It's just in bad taste, and it's a slap in the face, intended or not.
    Religious enmity and blatant racism are what is in bad taste -- attempts to build bridges/understanding between various religions/cultures & encouraging those religions to peacefully coexist is not.

Building a mosque for moderate Muslims (the vast majority BTW) near ground zero is a brilliant idea.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast