Quantcast
Window tinting - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Window tinting

My Ride
    a slow bird

Default Window tinting

What's a reasonable price to tint all 5 windows on a talon? Who do you guys recommend ?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

your going to spend all the money to just end up getting a ticket for the front ones at some point after you put them on?

Your call.

But MR.Detail does a good job as well as Tinting Illusions. Shadow tinting does good work too.

^ Did he ask about tint laws? So many people do it and break the law. It's a stupid law.

tinting illusions +1

My Ride
    NC1

Tinting Illusions FTW!

Jared is awesome to deal with.

Mind you I went in to REMOVE tint, not install haha lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I went to Shadow Tint and had Cooper do my windows. He does great work. As for pricing, you will have to shop around to figure that out. Make sure to have your windows shaved. So much nicer!!!!!

Just as a disclaimer:

Tinting the front windows any shade/colour is Illegal. You have been warned!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

Autotech ftw!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

My Ride
    89 Ram, 05 Pursuit, 05 Honda Civic SI, 98 Cavalier

Originally posted by Tomaz
    I went to Shadow Tint and had Cooper do my windows. He does great work. As for pricing, you will have to shop around to figure that out. Make sure to have your windows shaved. So much nicer!!!!!

Just as a disclaimer:

Tinting the front windows any shade/colour is Illegal. You have been warned!
    well i feel like a dumbass asking this ... windows shaved???? what's that

depending on location, I have gotten all my tint done @ Spy Design in Okotoks ... IIRC it was $150-$200 for all 5, 5% limo on rear, 35% fronts i think... and I was very impressed with the work they did.
    Last edited by derran.m; 06-10-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    The best rules to form a young man are: to talk little, to hear much, to reflect alone upon what has passed in company, to distrust one's own opinions, and value others that deserve it.
    Sir William Temple

My Ride
    a slow bird

How much did you Guys spend getting yours done? As for the drivers and passenger side window , do police really harass much about this? It's not like I'm putting limo tint on the front window or something.

My Ride
    NC1

If you tint the front, tint it the lightest if possible.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by derran.m

well i feel like a dumbass asking this ... windows shaved???? what's that
    No need to feel dumb.

Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by scat330
    ^ Did he ask about tint laws? So many people do it and break the law. It's a stupid law.

tinting illusions +1

Exactly how is it a "stupid" law?

Its for a Police Officers safety. They need to know who is in the drivers seat. If they cant see who is there It could be a potential threat to them. People dont just put tint on their front windows just to look "cool" you know?

They put them on to avoid any contact with Police. Its a Safety issue and I fully support it. Have your rear windows tinted as dark as you fricken want.

Im just saying your going to be pulled over for it sooner or later.
    Either youll receive a 24 Hour warning to get it removed and you wont get a ticket, Or he will give you a ticket on the spot.

And when you have tinted front windows expect the Officer to approach with extreme caution and one hand close to the gun. You never know who's behind that dark glass!

My Ride
    89 Ram, 05 Pursuit, 05 Honda Civic SI, 98 Cavalier

No need to feel dumb.

hmm ... learn something new every day ... never had any of my windows shaved ... even the stock tint in the pontiac is not shaved
    tks Tomaz
    The best rules to form a young man are: to talk little, to hear much, to reflect alone upon what has passed in company, to distrust one's own opinions, and value others that deserve it.
    Sir William Temple

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Shlade
    And when you have tinted front windows expect the Officer to approach with extreme caution and one hand close to the gun. You never know who's behind that dark glass!
    So if a cop pulls over a crazy idiot that knows he's going to jail and has a gun in his car and has rear windows tinted as black as he could get them.

So as he pulls over he reaches back and fires a few rounds into the cop car through his rear window.

By your logic, this theoretic scenario should force you to agree with laws forbidding any tint on any window of their car.

If you're saying officer safety depends on having a clear view of the driver you are contradicting yourself by agreeing with rear window tint.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

+1.

Whos to say the gangster gang banger isn't in the back seat?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by Modelexis

So if a cop pulls over a crazy idiot that knows he's going to jail and has a gun in his car and has rear windows tinted as black as he could get them.

So as he pulls over he reaches back and fires a few rounds into the cop car through his rear window.

By your logic, this theoretic scenario should force you to agree with laws forbidding any tint on any window of their car.

If you're saying officer safety depends on having a clear view of the driver you are contradicting yourself by agreeing with rear window tint.
    Touche... But I would much rather have the back tinted rather than the front.

Remember Police officers use the 2 positions.

1 Officer is Contact and the other is cover. The cover will assess the situation and be clear out of sight, While the Contact will be the one making the approach and speaking with the driver.

Trust me you dont go approach a fully tinted car with 1 officer. You always have 2.

But I do get where you are coming from. I just dont think we should have front window tint at all. Id love to put it on my car for the cool look, But Its Illegal and I know where an Officer is coming from when he says its a hazard to him as he doesnt know who is there.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by Shlade

Touche... But I would much rather have the back tinted rather than the front.

Remember Police officers use the 2 positions.

1 Officer is Contact and the other is cover. The cover will assess the situation and be clear out of sight, While the Contact will be the one making the approach and speaking with the driver.

Trust me you dont go approach a fully tinted car with 1 officer. You always have 2.

But I do get where you are coming from. I just dont think we should have front window tint at all. Id love to put it on my car for the cool look, But Its Illegal and I know where an Officer is coming from when he says its a hazard to him as he doesnt know who is there.
    Agree with you here.

To avoid conflict, i always roll down my windows fully to allow the officer to see into my vehicle. They like the respect.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    a slow bird

Wonder if you could get some kinda thing for the front windows that rolls Down and up kinda like a blind, but with window tint.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by stealth1313
    Wonder if you could get some kinda thing for the front windows that rolls Down and up kinda like a blind, but with window tint.
    Interesting idea,
    If it was a more rigid film that was working off of a separate motor and switch you could power it up or down without regard to the actual window position.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by stealth1313
    Why do that when Electric Current Polarization is just around the corner?
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Why do that when Electric Current Polarization is just around the corner?
    Why do that when PDLC already exists right now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast