Quantcast
World Gym on 32Ave NE - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: World Gym on 32Ave NE

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

Default World Gym on 32Ave NE

Does anyone work out at world gym on 32 ave ne, if so whats the atmosphere like there. How much should i expect to pay monthly. Is it really busy around 5-6 pm?

Its pretty empty, not that many people.. equipments are pretty sanitized and as for the cost, I'm not sure. I got an free trial for 2 weeks from one of my dad's friend back in 09' and after I used it up, I never went back lol

My Ride
    2010 GTR

It was a great gym, but recently there seems to be a new ownership.

Since then its gone the tubes....
    Membership prices went up!
    You now have to pay for towels!
    Layout of the gym is really weird

Pros:
    Always empty great if you are doing circuit training
    Machines fairly new

Cons:
    Locker room is pretty gross always dirty.
    No women at all always a sausage fest.

Just my 2 cents!
    --------"On the 8th Day God Created Turbo"-------------
    94 NSX SuperCharged
    08 GSXR 750
    08 STI *****SOLD****
    02 S54 Mcoupe****SOLD****
    94 T78 SUPRA ****SOLD****
    04 SUBARU WRX STI (STOCK) **SOLD**

They have new locker rooms now. But one of the staff members screwed up when they took my new payment info and I ended up getting sent to collections for some reason. I didn't hit up the gym for a few weeks as I was busy with college exams, i noticed they stopped taking payments out, so i stopped going. I mean how is it my fault that they failed to process it correctly?
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 06-11-2010 at 12:09 PM.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Gotta agree with most the things that T78Supra1 mentioned.

They moved the machines 3 different times in 5 days. The way its laid out now, you sometimes gotta walk with weights for 20+ ft just to get to the machine ur gonna use them on. The setup is really retarded and makes me want to terminate my contract.

The locker room is pretty nice, ive never seen it dirty but then again i never shower there.

Its never busy when i go(11am), so i cant comment on how it is during rush. But like all gyms u gotta expect them to be the busiest between 5-7.

Also not enough benches for free weight use.

-I think your looking at roughly $40-$50 a month.
    -The setup is stupid as hell since the new owner took over(I know few people that have left because they have butted heads with him)
    -The change room is for the most part clean I would say 4/5 other then people putting shit in a locker and no lock on it but you will get that at any gym.
    -As for busy between 5-6 I would say depends on the day. I am there 4:30 and some days there are 5-10 people in there and other days 20+

Overall not a bad place to workout other then sausage fest but your there to workout. One roid monkey that I have seen there, that runs around looking like and idot.

Go in there and ask for a two week trial before you sign anything I am not sure if they will or still do that.

went in there today to settle my outstanding fees. and as mentioned, no more free towels. the new manager offered me monthly membership for $40 a month for my troubles but i have yet to decide if i will be back. i got jew'd up the ass, i had 2 months outstanding on my membership, which they failed to properly enter my new payment information and collect themselves. they sent me to collections for something like $300-some dollars. I went in today and ended up paying 4 months worth - $230 to settle my account...

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

Sounds kinda shitty ill try and ask for a two week trial and see how i like it. I have been going to golds for 3 or so years northgate and northland.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I cant comment on the pricing and contracts as we have a corporate membership.

Everything else....

- yea, new layout is kind of mystifying but nothing I cant adapt to

- 95% of the brown people there NEVER put their weights away, whatever.....it gets me warmed up moving weights after their lazy asses are done with the machine/bench

- good amount of variety of machines/weights, never super busy so that you cant do a set of something alternate

- steam room and lockers not too bad

- good sized spin/cardio room with punching bag

- TVs everywhere

- nice high ceilings, never too cold (get a good sweat)

As for the towels I could be wrong but your allowed one an additional is $2 but like i said I could be wrong.

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

Originally posted by revelations
    - 95% of the brown people there NEVER put their weights away, whatever.....it gets me warmed up moving weights after their lazy asses are done with the machine/bench
    This pisses me off i never know if the person is done using equipment or not. I think this is at every gym and not just brown people.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ I just got back from a session there... its not 100% brown guys that do this, buyt they do make up a majority of the people not picking up after themselves.

I've been a member of a dozen different gyms in my time and in gyms that are considered "hard core", it was almost custom to leave a 45lb plate per side on a bench press because - thats a warm up for most people there.

So when these guys go to a regular, non-roidal gyms, they keep their habits.

But leaving dumbbells lying around ......