Quantcast
Mcgill will PAY you $500 to try cocaine... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Mcgill will PAY you $500 to try cocaine...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Mcgill will PAY you $500 to try cocaine...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    713
    Posts
    7,380
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    "Leyton doesn't believe his study will turn people into cocaine addicts."

    riiiiight....
    isn't cocaine supposed to be the most addictive drug on the market?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I don't think $500 is nearly enough considering how badly that shit can screw you up.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,991
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    This doesn't make sense. Why would he pay regular cocaine users $500 to use cocaine. It can't be that hard to find regular cocaine users to do this for free. After all they're going to do it anyways and they get some free cocaine this way.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i wish someone told me this before

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    oreo cookie
    My Ride
    a wrx.
    Posts
    8,031
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Originally posted by DeSi
    i wish someone told me this before
    uh why??

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    If they're all regular cocaine users to begin with then they're probably addicts already. And maybe the protein shakes from the study will help them shake off their addictions...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    CGY
    My Ride
    94' Terd
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    that better be one powerful protein shake.... hahhaa...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    1,516
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    well lets hope that they can figure out a way to reduce the addictiveness of that shit
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Valladolid, Spain
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    I'm happy my tax money is going to fund coke heads. Seriously why would they pay these guys to do this? I could have found 10 volunteers if they were supplying the coke!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    STI
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    22

    Default


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    713
    Posts
    7,380
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    hm... so this is basically what's happening.

    They are paying cokeheads to do coke, then quit.
    I don't see any downsides to the cokeheads.
    They get $500 AND get to quit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Valladolid, Spain
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Originally posted by buh_buh
    hm... so this is basically what's happening.

    They are paying cokeheads to do coke, then quit.
    I don't see any downsides to the cokeheads.
    They get $500 AND get to quit.
    exactly...and do you think he could have found 10 coke heads who would have voluntarily quit?

    I love my tax money going to fuel such b.s.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally posted by DeSi
    i wish someone told me this before
    shut up!!! ^^^ They probably have to use relative newbies to see if the shakes work or not. But thats still a pretty big risk to take for $500 considering some of the things cocaine can do to you

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by A_3


    shut up!!! ^^^ They probably have to use relative newbies to see if the shakes work or not. But thats still a pretty big risk to take for $500 considering some of the things cocaine can do to you

    What risk, these are people already using coke. They don't risk anything, they get free coke and $500.00

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    1,638
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    i would never touch that shit, $500 is not worth it at all

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary, ab
    My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R
    Posts
    2,501
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Originally posted by Weasel



    What risk, these are people already using coke. They don't risk anything, they get free coke and $500.00
    not to mention possibly being off the addiction

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    My Ride
    Civicnation
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by buh_buh
    "Leyton doesn't believe his study will turn people into cocaine addicts."

    riiiiight....
    isn't cocaine supposed to be the most addictive drug on the market?
    Actually... Cocaine isn't all thats its 'cracked' up to be (forgive the pun).

    Especially since these guys are going to be doing powdered cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) - which doesn't bring about as fast a rush as freebase or crack cocaine. The faster the rush... the stronger the addiction. The addiction is only brought about by repeated use... several times a day etc.

    ie: The positive reinforcement brought about by every high is what causes the 'addiction'. So what this prof. is trying to do actually makes sense ... to find out how to reduce the euphoria brought about by the drug...

    ...but paying the guys $500 is a totally different story!
    Last edited by hash; 12-16-2003 at 07:51 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    UA6
    Posts
    468
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by hash


    Actually... Cocaine isn't all thats its 'cracked' up to be (forgive the pun).

    Especially since these guys are going to be doing powdered cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) - which doesn't bring about as fast a rush as freebase or crack cocaine. The faster the rush... the stronger the addiction. The addiction is only brought about by repeated use... several times a day etc.

    ie: The positive reinforcement brought about by every high is what causes the 'addiction'. So what this prof. is trying to do actually makes sense ... to find out how to reduce the euphoria brought about by the drug...

    ...but paying the guys $500 is a totally different story!

    Cocaine is considered to be one of the most addictive drugs. One single use can get you addicted.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    corner of the street
    My Ride
    2000 prelude
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by hash


    Actually... Cocaine isn't all thats its 'cracked' up to be (forgive the pun).

    Especially since these guys are going to be doing powdered cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) - which doesn't bring about as fast a rush as freebase or crack cocaine. The faster the rush... the stronger the addiction. The addiction is only brought about by repeated use... several times a day etc.

    ie: The positive reinforcement brought about by every high is what causes the 'addiction'. So what this prof. is trying to do actually makes sense ... to find out how to reduce the euphoria brought about by the drug...

    ...but paying the guys $500 is a totally different story!
    the reason why cocain is such an addicting drung is because the first time a person uses it they experience and xtreme high that whill never be reached again. The addictiveness of this drug comes from the users trying to experience this high again.
    Lifes a bitch so be a pimp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Puzzle Try it out if you are too bored

    By winson2001 in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 10-13-2003, 01:50 AM
  2. How much do you guys pay for insurance a month?

    By mrmattyk in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 70
    Latest Threads: 01-23-2003, 05:19 PM
  3. WTB: pay as you go phone, any provider

    By bksze in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 01-21-2003, 01:01 AM
  4. How much would you pay??

    By Importz in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 12-22-2002, 12:41 PM
  5. How Much Do You Pay For Insurance???

    By frenchdriver in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 83
    Latest Threads: 10-08-2002, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •