Quantcast
talking to ex's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: talking to ex's

My Ride
    nothing right now

Default talking to ex's

Ok, is it always appropriate to text your ex while your new boyfriend is sitting next to you?

+1 for ban

talking is cheating.
    as is texting.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Circumstances of previous relationship needed. More complicated than that.

I talk to my Ex's on occasion and still hang out with them.

Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    an old black cab

I don't believe in premarital texting but I might change my mind depending on pics of the ex GF

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^ nice.

I see no problem with speaking to an ex. No reason not to remain friends. The only problem arises when someone is secretative about it, and/or secretly wants to be with the ex, or still has deep feelings for them.

As long as a relationship is solid, and communication open, this should not pose as a problem.

My Ride
    tsi awd

Default Re: talking to ex's

Originally posted by WithLime
    Ok, is it always appropriate to text your ex while your new boyfriend is sitting next to you?
    Well if you want your new bf to be your new ex...

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Last edited by kvg; 06-17-2010 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Sounds like someone can't get over the ex. lol

What would Charlie Harper do?

My Ride
    nothing right now

Well, I guess I was pretty vague, I don't tell my new bf because he hasn't asked if I am or not, but my ex & I were married for 4 years and have a kid together as well, but my ex will always text me stories and pictures from his day to day life and just want to talk to me. I am naturally not a rude person and will respond and we will start texting, he is a good person with great qualities its just that we never fit as a couple and finding out that we are good as just being plain divorced.

My Ride
    Treg/B7

Honesty is key. If he finds out and you didnt tell him there will be bigger issues. You have a kid the guy who would expect you not to talk to him? If he can not handle you talking to your child's dad why would you bother with him?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Well, I guess I was pretty vague, I don't tell my new bf because he hasn't asked if I am or not, but my ex & I were married for 4 years and have a kid together as well, but my ex will always text me stories and pictures from his day to day life and just want to talk to me. I am naturally not a rude person and will respond and we will start texting, he is a good person with great qualities its just that we never fit as a couple and finding out that we are good as just being plain divorced.
    OK. See... this is an unacceptable thought process right here. How the hell is your bf SUPPOSED to know you are texting and communicating with your EX if you don't tell him?

And you say you are not a "rude person". But let's be honest here. You WANT to communicate with your ex. It isn't about you not wanting to hurt his feelings; it IS about you wanting to continue communicating with him.

Talk to your bf. Tell him that your ex has been contacting you, and assure him that you are just friends and you have no interest in being with your ex in any way. Ask your boyfriend if he is comfortable with that. If he finds out (and he will) on his own, and you haven't told him, he's going to wonder why not. That will (understandable) lead to jealousy.

And if your boyfriend has a problem with it, explain your past with your ex and the fact you have a kid together. If he continues to see it as an issue, then he has trust issues and/or your relationship is on shakey ground in the first place.

My Ride
    R50

Please tell me your new bf knows about your kid...

hahaha... your new BF doesn't know that you were married and have a kid with someone?

Are you serious?

Wow... spill the beans now and you'll be fortunate if he sticks around longer than the noon hour today.

W.T.F?

BTW... I talk to a few of my ex's all the time... just because we are not together anymore, nor have been for years, doesn't mean we can't be friends. I don't have any residual feelings or interest, so who cares?

Some are from so long ago I can't even remember what their cooch looked like.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Pics of yourself??

And check your pm's...I sent you my number and bbm pin as so you can text me...

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Arif.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    Pics of yourself??

And check your pm's...I sent you my number and bbm pin as so you can text me...

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Arif.

My Ride
    X3

That's a heck of a lot of communication between you and your ex. Day to day and overly clingy? I personally don't think that's appropriate, especially if he knows that you're with someone else now. You share a child together, and it's okay to discuss matters that involve your kid. It's just that if he just randomly texts you about his day to day activities so frequently... it just seems like neither of you have really let go of the relationship. IMO.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

you have a kid so you will have to communicate, like or not.
    You not telling your bf makes your motivation suspect IMO.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

acktrite (act right)

Stop treating your ex like your current.

WAY too much history to be talking THAT often to the ex. Move on.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast