Quantcast
Making my own exotic with a 300zx as a donar - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 40 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Making my own exotic with a 300zx as a donar

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

Arrow Making my own exotic with a 300zx as a donar

Greeting Beyond.ca members, Im redesigning my 300zx and I wanted some feed back and any new design ideas for it.
    Im looking to sell a few clones of the car locally, then I plan to sell kits for other 300zx owner.

Video of the current design.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0Iqq24nmo

What I plan to make the car look like after fiberglass
    Last edited by Arash Boodagh; 06-19-2010 at 02:26 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Should change it to Nissan Rigor

Mortis
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

I would have held off until you actually made some progress with the body work before posting on Beyond, that video doesn't help a whole lot with the turning the 300ZX into a exotic idea, it just looks like you threw some cardboard on the front. People like to see long posts chalk full of info and pictures on the finished product, as far as they are concerned you haven't done much so far and the idea sounds silly since most people are satisfied with the way a 300ZX looks stock bodied, good luck with it though.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Just a note, it's spelled donair.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Exotic? No. As mentioned, make actual progress and photo staged work and the responses you get will be more supportive.

Have you researched the time and money factor into your project? Do you feel there will be enough sales to justify your efforts?

I say Pipe Dream.

edit - LOL @ Extra Slow
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

Subscribed !

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

Thanks StreetRacerX, Ive been flamed at the Zx forums for it, problem is it would be too late to change things on the design once its complete.

Yes dj_rice, its the death of one car but a birth of another, plus there are another 100,000 Zeds in north America still.

edit
    Originally posted by Kona9
    Exotic? No. As mentioned, make actual progress and photo staged work and the responses you get will be more supportive.

Have you researched the time and money factor into your project? Do you feel there will be enough sales to justify your efforts?

I say Pipe Dream.

edit - LOL @ Extra Slow
    I wanted this for my self first and selling it is just a great way to make money. As for the money factor, I did the top panels in fiberglass but the stuff is too toxic, Im going to contract a professional to finish the rest off which I dont think should cost too much.
    Last edited by Arash Boodagh; 06-19-2010 at 03:43 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

OK.... I'm going to tell it like it is, imo.

First of all, a body does not an exotic make. No matter what you do with this - even if your successful, it won't be an exotic. So people will laugh at you less if you stop calling it that. This is not "another car". This is a restyling kit you are trying to make for the 300zx. At the end of the day, it is still looks, sounds, and performs like a 300zx, but looks slightly different.

Second - I think the rear does not have enough change to it. If you're going for a full appearance package, you'll have to do better than that.

Third - if you want a body package, you need three elements. The front and back, which you've covered. But yet, the car looks like a 100% stock 300 from the side? Hell no. Get some side skirts or something on there.

I understand what DJ is saying. Yes, there are still many 300's out there. But we're talking about a 15-20 year old car. They are going to dwindle fast, and the market for people dumping this kind of money into an old car is slim.

Look Arash - I like what you're doing with this. If I could flip a switch and put some of those elements on my z, I would consider it. Would I pay thousands to do so? No. Is there going to be enough demand from others to do so? No.

Are you wasting your time and money? Yes.

It's honestly not about coming on here and trying to make you feel bad; it is about saving you further torment from your peers, and losing any money you intend to put into this project. It isn't going to happen. And if it DOES, you're going to lose a ton of money.

Take advice from the song you used in the video: "Leave it alone".

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

If you've been flamed from the Zx forums which is your target market, then I think you have your answer.

What your doing, is only going to attract certain types of people to even consider buying it. If I painted my car pink, you think its gonna sell?Hell no, its gonna sit and sit till one fruity nut thinks pink is cool and buy it, and if thats the way your gonna do business then

Your gonna be like a Ford Probe owner at a car show with a full Combat bodykit and big 19" chrome Dayton rims and blue underglow and you think its its pretty tight when in fact, people walk by and laugh.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 06-19-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    This and that.

Or instead of venturing into it as a business idea, first perhaps, just make one for yourself. See what kind of interest you get in it and if there's any actual potential in the project as a business.

I would make sure that the project has at least some interest before investing too much of time and money into it, but that's just me.

Looks like you're trying to turn a 300ZX into a Tiburon

Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    a very large peice of rice

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Looks like you're trying to turn a 300ZX into a Tiburon

no, no it doesn't, from what i gathered from your pics your gonna use the stock headlights and just frame them with led?

thats gonna look stupid

other than that it looks good, well not the back end chops you put up, you should name it something that isn't already a crappy acura

Your grill badge in the video looks a lot like Peugeot's lion.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I'm guessing he'd not put that badge on it. Nor the Ininiti on the right side of the picture, or what appears to be an upside-down acura logo on the left of the same pic.

Jonfoo - I was wondering if those were LEDs. Ya gotta do something with that space, or it looks more retarded. LEDs seem a reasonable alternative to a needless black void.

I'm wondering now, how exactly the hood is shaped like this. I can only imagine it is an entirely different hood. Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain the hood cannot dip in the middle like that with the top of the timing cover and an array of other systems right under it. The only way is to modify the engine so it sits lower (ya right), or replace the front fenders as well.

So this "mild refresh" becomes a full out front-end rebody. Plus a rear end rebody. Yet still looks like a 300zx with a body kit, but costs about $3000 more than a body kit would.

Plus installation.

But it looks kinda neat.

Oh... and doesn't look like a Tiburon. Are you on crack?

OP don't be fucking stupid. Z owners LIKE the original style, and your kit hacks it to shit.

Hmmm I got flamed to hell on the enthusiast forums, screw them I'll make it anyway!

Either this is another troll or the dumbest attempt at ricing out a respectable car that I've ever seen.

My Ride
    Discreet

Heh, the 300zx's headlights were used on several exocits in the early 90's. You should try selling a pure dry carbon kit that actually has performance value.

LOL@DJ Rice's first post.

The 300ZX is a great car, actually one of my first cars! One thing I have to say is that most people with Zs are happy with the look of their car. If they weren't they would have purchased a body kit.

Sorry to do this OP, but the Z threads were just too funny for me to keep to myself.

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295957

Last edited by sneek; 06-19-2010 at 10:05 PM.

My Ride
    CNG Injected

this is how a Z should look like just leave it as is...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^^ Hey Mr. You didn't exactly leave yours stock there ya know.

Though I must admit, I used to have a similar bumper, and it looked pretty bad-ass.

LOL at op. this is a stupid idea. dont waste your time. as mentioned earlier, if you were flamed on zx forums then don't even bother. How can anyone even take you seriously with that video and pictures.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 11 ... LastLast