Quantcast
Crazy border crossing recording - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Crazy border crossing recording

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Crossing the border/bridge dozens of times at the Sarnia/Port Huron crossing and the American agents are complete tools. But there isn't really anything you can do about it, you just play their game for 30 seconds deal with it and you're done.

The Canadian agents are always friendly, last time we crossed we were coming back from a Red Wings game and they asked how it was, who won and who we were fans off.

My Ride
    02' dc5

The first guy was a complete idiot.
    The second guy was nice and reasonable trying to talk to him. Guy was a tool but so are border patrol...3 terrorists a day from Canada...Uhh huuhh......wtf

if a cop were to grab at me ide probably pull away at first too. since when is flinching assault? and how is asking another person "what are you going to do?" a threat? and jail for all this? really?

i understand border patrol are dicks, and this guy is a tool, but no way did he deserve this. no wonder most of the world hates americans.

Both sides are retards

edit - 4:40 - "No, I think your officer doesn't like me"

retard
    Last edited by scat330; 06-22-2010 at 06:24 PM.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID HAHAHAHA.
    THREE TERRORISTS A FUCKING DAY!

This guys just talking like hes the baddest motherfucker busting terrorists all fucking day.

Americans...

Typical overglorified toll booth workers with too much power bored at work. The first guy was a fuckin fag, I don't get why they have to act so badass and shoot off stupid questions at the speed of light. We get it, you're cool, you make a living asking the same questions 50 times a day. What stores are you shopping at? Please, for any of you saying "GUY IS A TOOL I would answer all questions right away", tell me, you know exactly what store you're shopping at everytime you're going to the mall? The second guy was very reasonable, problem is the guy and his wife started getting arrogant, probably too much adrenaline. If he STFU and treated the second guy with respect and answered his questions, he would've been done. It's funny how he's not so tough anymore when dealing with the third guy, I think he starts crying. If you look for trouble you're going to find it, guy got what he deserved, but border patrol still acted like immature losers. Saying shit like "We need no grounds to do anything" and "I catch 3 terrorists a day"

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Border guards are looking for how you answer the questions as much as to what you are saying. In this case, mention a couple of the stores you are interested in going into. They are looking for body language, uncertain and vague notions, etc. They have already run your car through and have all that information at hand complete with any red flags. I was driving down to Las Vegas two years ago, the USA boarder guard asked why I was going there and where was I staying. I could have said "Gee why does anyone go to Las Vegas and why do you care where I am staying?". That is an easy street to a full body cavity search. I answered "To Gamble and staying at the MGM". He said "Win some for me and enjoy your stay". Simple really.

Canadian guards are doing the same thing, just answer the questions, make no jokes or remarks and you will be fine. Get snotty and sarcastic and you will lose. You are on foreign soil once you hit the guard station, you have no right to leave until they allow you to do so. So wise up and get with the program.

I had a USA border guard on the way into Montana ask me if I had any fruit with me, I said yes two apples. He asked what kind of apples they were, I said I bought them in Calgary and I think they are MacIntosh apples from BC. He asked to see them, I grabbed them from the cooler, showed him the apples, he asked to hold one and said no those are (name not recalled and they are from NZ) and then said they are fine. I could have said, look at the big brain on the apple guy and got a laugh from my wife and a three hour full vehicle and body search.

All this time there was another guard walking around the rear and passenger side of the car out of my field of view, doing something which I could not see.

Their country, they can do as they need and if I do not like it, do not visit.

And the fact this Canadian was secretly recording the entire thing only shows he was looking for problems and found them in spades.
    Last edited by Muji; 11-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.

^^I guess you have that mindset of it's their country and they are all mighty when you're Canadian only. Dual Citizenship ftw

At the end the supervisor said it's all on video and audio recording, how can you guys tell that the guy was recording it?

My Ride
    Is fun!

I'm inclined to agree with this guy - quoted from the comments on the link:

--------------------------------

Human Rights? says:
    September 27, 2010 at 5:17 am

…Interesting how everyone blames the couple for standing up for what used to be considered proper values. I have the right to refuse a stupid question. I have the right not to be treated like a criminal when I have committed no crime. I have the right not to be subjected to an unreasonable search.

Also important to note is that the officer is incorrect when he suggests that assault takes place when the individual pulls their arm away from the officer – a person has a right to self defence (in the form of reasonable and proportionate force) when assaulted by another individual (in this case, the officer is the one assaulting the man on the tape).

This of course depends on what legislation governs their occupation….perhaps physical assault (i.e. unwanted touch) with no reasonable or probable grounds is legal in the USA. But what reasonable person would defend that? Apparently, quite a few of you.

It is irrelevant whether he is a ‘jerk’ or not – the reality is that being a ‘jerk’ ought not to strip a person of their Charter rights. Note that this comment is coming from someone who actually does work with law enforcement, in that I cross examine them on the stand on a reasonably regular basis.

While I am quite tired of law enforcement officers abusing their powers, I am also quite frankly SICK to my stomach to hear people JUSTIFY and DEFEND this sort of behavior. The reality is that the conduct of border officials is unncessary, ridiculous, and offensive.

-----------------------

EDIT: relevant read - from the UN (of which, both the USA and Canada are members): The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Last edited by Wrinkly; 11-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by Wrinkly
    I'm inclined to agree with this guy - quoted from the comments on the link:

Human Rights? says:
    September 27, 2010 at 5:17 am

…Interesting how everyone blames the couple for standing up for what used to be considered proper values. I have the right to refuse a stupid question. I have the right not to be treated like a criminal when I have committed no crime. I have the right not to be subjected to an unreasonable search.

Also important to note is that the officer is incorrect when he suggests that assault takes place when the individual pulls their arm away from the officer – a person has a right to self defence (in the form of reasonable and proportionate force) when assaulted by another individual (in this case, the officer is the one assaulting the man on the tape).

This of course depends on what legislation governs their occupation….perhaps physical assault (i.e. unwanted touch) with no reasonable or probable grounds is legal in the USA. But what reasonable person would defend that? Apparently, quite a few of you.

It is irrelevant whether he is a ‘jerk’ or not – the reality is that being a ‘jerk’ ought not to strip a person of their Charter rights. Note that this comment is coming from someone who actually does work with law enforcement, in that I cross examine them on the stand on a reasonably regular basis.

While I am quite tired of law enforcement officers abusing their powers, I am also quite frankly SICK to my stomach to hear people JUSTIFY and DEFEND this sort of behavior. The reality is that the conduct of border officials is unncessary, ridiculous, and offensive.

EDIT: relevant read - The Universal Declaration of Human Rights from the UN (of which, both the USA and Canada are members): http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/
    6000% agree with you, but the bolded part is wrong. I don't know if that's what you think or it was from the guy you quoted, but a law enforcement officer arresting you isn't "assault". If that was a case, then there would be millions of people "assaulted" by cops everyday. He's arresting you, you have to comply. With that said, the supervisor is an even bigger dumbshit because the guy pulling away isn't assault either, if anything it would be resisting arrest or obstruction of justice. Where the fuck did he get "assault" from??

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Scuderia

6000% agree with you, but the bolded part is wrong. I don't know if that's what you think or it was from the guy you quoted, but a law enforcement officer arresting you isn't "assault". If that was a case, then there would be millions of people "assaulted" by cops everyday. He's arresting you, you have to comply. With that said, the supervisor is an even bigger dumbshit because the guy pulling away isn't assault either, if anything it would be resisting arrest or obstruction of justice. Where the fuck did he get "assault" from??
    It's all a quote (I edited the post - quoted guy is between the dotted lines).

I think what he meant though, is the guy pulling away from the guard clearly isn't assault - but the officer grabbing him in the first place could be construed as assault. Assault according to law is merely an 'unwanted' touch from another person.

Edit: Would be very interesting to see video of the whole thing as well, it might look very different when all the body language and facial expressions are added to the mix
    Last edited by Wrinkly; 11-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3