Quantcast
Cop took my license - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cop took my license

My Ride
    ISF, MR2

ya i said that to him and he said its a judgement call. he said he wouldn't tell his daughter to pull over for anyone showing a badge, but either way he said he would have found me an given me the tickets. but since i stopped, he was more lenient.

Originally posted by DSM4LIFE
    okay so i went to the station and had a chat with the officer. he was legit. he said he left me off easy cause i pulled over. i was given an estimated speeding ticket for $177. told me that if i didn't pull over i was going to be issued; speeding, wreckless and stunting!!!! sooooo i'm glad i pulled over.

I would fight this
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

okay so i went to the station and had a chat with the officer. he was legit. he said he left me off easy cause i pulled over. i was given an estimated speeding ticket for $177. told me that if i didn't pull over i was going to be issued; speeding, wreckless and stunting!!!! sooooo i'm glad i pulled over.
    Strange... wreckless and stunting as well... all for just going slightly over the limit, and not doing anything stupid. Seems kinda unfair.

I too am curious though if you inquired as to how you were supposed to know if he was legit. The public should not be expected to stop just because someone pulls out what "appears" to be a badge. I can fold up and stick some tinfoil to my wallet too. If you had driven off, I'm pretty sure it would be understandable...

Originally posted by Zewind
    I would fight this
    On what grounds?! If he truly is legally allowed to pull people over when he isn't on duty, and the OP *was* speeding, it doesn't sound like something that can be fought...

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

Fight it for sure, tell the judge you've never seen a "real" cop badge and you were scared because you might have gotten jacked lol
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by SpeedIllusion
    Fight it for sure, tell the judge you've never seen a "real" cop badge and you were scared because you might have gotten jacked lol
    did you even read the OP?

"Sir, I was scared for my life, so I pulled over! Then he took my license and asked me to stop by his precinct so he could write me a ticket... man I was shitting my pants the whole time I was in there, and received speeding ticket.... so can I have this invalidated?"
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 06-24-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Are you guys kidding??

The OP was driving so wrecklessly that the off duty cop felt obligated to pull him over and have a ticket issued.

Whats to fight???

If the cop was going to give him a ticket for stunting, wreckless and speeding... the OPs version of the story has to be missing details.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

You probably would have been better off just bolting it . He probably is just saying "Oh I let you off easy".. Because honestly, many cops say this.

So was it one of those "Unreasonable rate of speed" tickets or what? That's 3 demerits if so..

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

Sorry...my explanation sounded so good in my head, now it does sound retarded after writing it out. FML
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Kloubek

On what grounds?! If he truly is legally allowed to pull people over when he isn't on duty, and the OP *was* speeding, it doesn't sound like something that can be fought...
    I don't think off duty police can pull someone over in their personal vehicle.

I would fight it as well, $177 is 20 over? and demerits. From the lights at the bottom of the hill there it would be fairly hard to get to the speeds he is talking about so fast, before running into other traffic. Just tell them he was tailing you and screaming from his car at you. since he didn't call an on duty officer it sounds he was pissed at something and knew it wouldn't stand up
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride

Originally posted by FraserB

I don't think off duty police can pull someone over in their personal vehicle.

I would fight it as well, $177 is 20 over? and demerits. From the lights at the bottom of the hill there it would be fairly hard to get to the speeds he is talking about so fast, before running into other traffic. Just tell them he was tailing you and screaming from his car at you. since he didn't call an on duty officer it sounds he was pissed at something and knew it wouldn't stand up
    $177 is also unreasonable rate of speed I believe, which is a terrible ticket.

My Ride
    ISF, MR2

ya its still somewhat of a blurry situation. but he did say there is very few incidents of people just carrying around a fake badge. he estimated me at 90kph which i dont believe is true. and as for careless it was because i accelerated very quickly which puts others in danger.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

You were going over the bridge that goes over Deerfoot right? If there was traffic and you were going from a standstill at the lights there is no way you got to 90, that and I doubt anyone is dumb enough to actually go that fast over a blind bridge.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    ISF, MR2

yes its the one that crosses deerfoot by the nissan. i highly doubt the speed since i was going quite slow through the intersection due to bumps and tight suspension. i was only in second and was not way up in the rpms

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Nobody pointed out the obvious that you broke traffic laws by changing lanes in the intersection. This is illegal. You have to wait until you're through the intersection to change lanes.

And also I wouldn't pull over for some random showing me a shiny piece of plastic at 60 kilometers an hour.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    ISF, MR2

i'm glad that its only the speeding ticket though. he also told me that when he went to say something to me and i couldn't hear it, my passenger told him to fuck off.

My Ride

yes its the one that crosses deerfoot by the nissan. i highly doubt the speed since i was going quite slow through the intersection due to bumps and tight suspension. i was only in second and was not way up in the rpms
    Yep. Fight it man! Explain your situation and how his estimation is likely very wrong due to what you just told us. Hopefully it works out for you.

My Ride
    ISF, MR2

Originally posted by Mar
    Nobody pointed out the obvious that you broke traffic laws by changing lanes in the intersection. This is illegal. You have to wait until you're through the intersection to change lanes.

And also I wouldn't pull over for some random showing me a shiny piece of plastic at 60 kilometers an hour.
    definitely was not in the intersection dude. and well its your choice to not pull over and get more tickets. i pulled over and he was lenient so i'm fine with that. and even if he wasn't a real cop and just took my license, a replacement license is cheaper than the ticket i got.

My Ride
    ISF, MR2

Originally posted by Disoblige

Yep. Fight it man! Explain your situation and how his estimation is likely very wrong due to what you just told us. Hopefully it works out for you.
    ya by the time he was beside we had just gone up the bridge a bit. so i had from the beginning of the nissan till the start of the bridge to hit 90 from about 10

This is why we all need dash cams.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

i'm glad that its only the speeding ticket though. he also told me that when he went to say something to me and i couldn't hear it, my passenger told him to fuck off.
    Wait, someone tried to tell you something politely and this guy told him to fuck off? Nice guy.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast