Quantcast
photography workshops in calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: photography workshops in calgary

My Ride
    RSX-S

Default photography workshops in calgary

I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction in finding a photography workshop being held in Calgary. Im new to photography and i noticed the pictures i've been taking aren't as good as i wanted so im hoping to take a 1/2 day/week crash course on basic/intermediate photography. I've already checked ACAD, Sait and Camera store and cant a suitable course for myself. Money isn't an issue as work provides me with more then enough tuition credits each year. Just to note i have a canon 50d

Do you ever go to Vegas at all? I've taken several workshops down there with internationally famed photographers in both the portrait and ladscape world that can open your eyes a little. I'm not sure how many will teach you the basics of how to use the camera but they can show you techniques and different things to look for when composing a photograph.

Honestly, if your after the basics, just use the internet, ask questions on forums, and experiment. If something doesn't turn out well, post the pic up, ask why it didn't work, then try again. That is the best and fastest way to lean in my opinion. A lot of people do it that way. Unless your looking to be inspired or something, I find classes to be a complete waste of time and money given the resources available to you for free.

Feel free to post pics and/or ask questions here, or PM me with questions if you prefer, and I'll help you out as best I can - I'm on here all the time.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I believe the Camera Shop runs workshops every once in a while. Maybe give them a call and see what's available.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Honestly, if your after the basics, just use the internet, ask questions on forums, and experiment. If something doesn't turn out well, post the pic up, ask why it didn't work, then try again. That is the best and fastest way to lean in my opinion. A lot of people do it that way. Unless your looking to be inspired or something, I find classes to be a complete waste of time and money given the resources available to you for free.

Feel free to post pics and/or ask questions here, or PM me with questions if you prefer, and I'll help you out as best I can - I'm on here all the time.
    This guy!

Yah, internets learning can go a long way, especially (IMO) because photog is a progressive skill as much as anything. There are a lot of VERY skilled photographers on here and on sites like POTN. I have found that photographers are a very willing group with regards to comments and criticisms.

I was just looking into this myself and saw some workshops being offered by Vistek. But as mentioned the internet is a really great resource.

My Ride
    RSX-S

sweet. thanks guys. i'll post up some pictures to get some feed back and pointers then. thanks for all the help.